BREAKING NEWS: Percy Harvin Traded to Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rat

Reaction score
I'm embarrassed to admit this with as long as I've been following this sport, but could somebody explain exactly what "dead money" means? I usually only pretend to know what I'm talking about when it comes to salary cap stuff.

sa_seahawker

Reaction score
Well one thing's for sure....being a 'Hawks fan in the JS/PC era certainly keeps you on your toes! LoL :D

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Rat":37eovv7d said:
I'm embarrassed to admit this with as long as I've been following this sport, but could somebody explain exactly what "dead money" means? I usually only pretend to know what I'm talking about when it comes to salary cap stuff.
Money that counts against the cap for a player no longer on the roster.

blue 22

Reaction score
Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer 9m9 minutes ago
Percy Harvin's anger management issues have followed him, and I'm told that was part of the problem in Seattle.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
Nbc sports was saying there was friction with Russ, for what thats worth

Rat

Reaction score
Scottemojo":15snmyoh said:
Rat":15snmyoh said:
Money that counts against the cap for a player no longer on the roster.
Thanks. I thought it had something to do with money we're stuck paying, but people in this thread keep referencing "dead money" like it's extra cap space we have to work with now.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
By FARRRR the worst move by JS & PC in their tenure. Wow, I'm completely shocked.

At least they cut their loses while getting something back. Not too much positives here.

kidhawk

Reaction score
jblaze":1nlzxi2o said:
710 ESPN Seattle retweeted
mike freeman ‏@mikefreemanNFL 37s38 seconds ago

Seahawks team source: "Percy didn't want to be here. We accommodated him."
Expand

Retweet
Favorite

I'm sure I saw somewhere either on twitter or heard on radio or ESPN that Percy didn't ask for a trade. I think there has to be some sort of clash between Percy and Coach(es)

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
I like it, if he did not want to be a Seahawk, Pete and John made a great move by sending him to one of the worst teams in the league. Love it. Harvin will not see the playoffs for years to come.

Meeker

Reaction score
Rat":td52eaal said:
Snakeeyes007":td52eaal said:
Perhaps a 2nd rounder that could become a 1st if Percy meets certain benchmarks, but no mid-rounder. :34853_doh:
His new QB is Geno Smith, so I wouldn't hold my breath on any conditions being met.

Are many conditional trades done with production? I'm only remembering playing time or starts used. Lets just hope he stays healthy.

Not sure why people expected a lot in terms of compensation...Harvin is coming off of a season in which he missed 16 games (including playoffs) which followed a season in which he missed 7 games. He has only played in all 16 games once in his career. He has also had attitude issues and is a unique player that requires altering your offense to get full effect. A 4th to 2nd is reasonable to me...

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Wow...The Seahawks traded their 1st round pick in 2013 to acquire Harvin. They couldn't even get that back for him . All they got is a mid-round conditional pick. Nice job JS/PC...who's next - Russell Wilson for a 7th rounder pick?

I had hopes they would release Bevell and Cable while keeping Harvin. It's those two idiots who don't know how to properly use him. No wonder he didn't want to be here.

Ozzy

Reaction score
For those saying "Great lets go back to running the football." Problem is this probably hurts the running game as well. Teams can completely stack the box without worrying about Walters burning them. Regardless of the stats this hurts the offense in more ways than one.

Richardson is nothing like Harvin either. Harvin was a much more physical player. Not that Richardson can't help open things but but he has to prove he can be a threat which he hasn't yet.

On one hand I applaud Pete for moving on if it needed to be done and it did take guts but on the other hand I don't know how the offense can take a positive step forward. Really worried about a Baldwin, Kearse, Walters trio leading the way.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/523228519623835648[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/523232092260687873[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/SandoESPN/status/523229540131553280[/tweet]

[youtube]yMg4em-zFtw[/youtube]

blue 22

Reaction score
reminds me of my ex GF. She was HOT but a major PAIN in the ASS. Stayed with her for waaay too long. Wish i would of done what pete just did and dropped that pain in the ass early.

The crazy hot BI#$%@S! arent worth it man ! I am tellin you!

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1li1pmga said:
Pete Carroll was like "We need to get Lynch the ball more, trade Harvin so f'n Bevell can't call 19 jet sweeps a game."

LMFAO.

bigwrm

Reaction score
Meeker":kapqpvgy said:
Rat":kapqpvgy said:
Snakeeyes007":kapqpvgy said:
Perhaps a 2nd rounder that could become a 1st if Percy meets certain benchmarks, but no mid-rounder. :34853_doh:
His new QB is Geno Smith, so I wouldn't hold my breath on any conditions being met.

Are many conditional trades done with production? I'm only remembering playing time or starts used. Lets just hope he stays healthy.

Not sure why people expected a lot in terms of compensation...Harvin is coming off of a season in which he missed 16 games (including playoffs) which followed a season in which he missed 7 games. He has only played in all 16 games once in his career. He has also had attitude issues and is a unique player that requires altering your offense to get full effect. A 4th to 2nd is reasonable to me...

His contract also kills much of his value given his level of production. It's too bad we spent all offseason and preseason redesigning the playbook around him. Oh well.......

Status
Not open for further replies.