BREAKING NEWS: Percy Harvin Traded to Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
hawknation2014":2p5ihn4a said:
rainger":2p5ihn4a said:
This smacks of Pete Carroll and his philosophy.

Honestly, I can't recall a time when something similar has happened during Pete Carroll's career with any team. I thought Harvin was one of Carroll's "favorites," a unique athlete he was willing to be extremely patient with in the hopes that it would pay dividends in a big game. This move is extremely uncharacteristic of Carroll. To me, it is somewhat of an overreaction to Harvin's short term struggles in learning the playbook. I think they could have found a better trade deal after this season.
Pete got rid of Houshmanzadeh for his attitude, IIRC. Took a big cap hit to do it too.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Watch. paired with Decker, Harvin is going to go off.

Decker has been putting up decent numbers in NY with Geno Smith throwing him the ball. Now they are adding Harvin to the mix. Get ready for some Percy highlights that are going to make us mad we didn't use him correctly.

sa_seahawker

Reaction score
TDOTSEAHAWK":2s7i2lpe said:
Well that didn't work out as planned. Obviously, a huge miscalculation by the organization.

The Seahawks have made a science out of "miscalculating" on big receiver signings.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
On one hand the trade sucks,I hope that pick is a 1 with the condition that it cannot be the 1st..On the other hand this guy was expensive for what we were getting from him..We won all last year without him so it can be done ..I hope the $ we save from this guy gets us Beast for 2-3 more years and for crying out loud ..I hope the Hawks never overpay for another
"star"we can draft ,create and keep our own stars...

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Yoonhawk":1kw9fg83 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/LanceZierlein/status/523241558305275904[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/LanceZierlein/status/523242026540605441[/tweet]

Surprised he even made it this long if all that is true.

chris98251

Reaction score
Punched Tate and almost in a fight with Wilson, must have been after the Dallas Game.

kidhawk

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1f04yz94 said:
Yoonhawk":1f04yz94 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/LanceZierlein/status/523241558305275904[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/LanceZierlein/status/523242026540605441[/tweet]

Surprised he even made it this long if all that is true.

Explains why Baldwin doesn't like to be called ADB

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2i4ygnjs said:
hawknation2014":2i4ygnjs said:
rainger":2i4ygnjs said:

Honestly, I can't recall a time when something similar has happened during Pete Carroll's career with any team. I thought Harvin was one of Carroll's "favorites," a unique athlete he was willing to be extremely patient with in the hopes that it would pay dividends in a big game. This move is extremely uncharacteristic of Carroll. To me, it is somewhat of an overreaction to Harvin's short term struggles in learning the playbook. I think they could have found a better trade deal after this season.
Pete got rid of Houshmanzadeh for his attitude, IIRC. Took a big cap hit to do it too.

T.J. was never a Carroll favorite . . . he was brought on under the old regime and was part of Carroll's initial roster purge.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/LanceZierlein/status/523242783474085889[/tweet]

warden

Reaction score
I always found it very interesting that we kept 7 WRs this year. Very uncommon to keep so many WRs.

Meeker

Reaction score
Rat":2r19otox said:
I agree with your last paragraph, but those same concerns were surrounding Percy when we traded a 1st, 3rd and 7th for him.

That may be true, but they were also to a lesser degree. He was only coming off his first season in which he had missed major time (and was MVPish when he was healthy). Also the attitude issues staying with the player to his second team only magnifies the issue.

razgriz737

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3o78u2jc said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/LanceZierlein/status/523242783474085889[/tweet]
Jesus Christ. Harvin sounds like a complete jackass. I feel really bad that we let go of Tate now.

kidhawk

Reaction score
warden":32lzrsoi said:
I always found it very interesting that we kept 7 WRs this year. Very uncommon to keep so many WRs.

Gives credence to the idea that they've been shopping him for awhile now.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Paul Richardson and Christine Michael have to step up now. I have to think that's what Carroll has in mind.

Next man up.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
Gotta admit, its kinda exciting to see the FO doing this in the middle of the season. Takes balls. They could have molly coddled this thing and kept it simmering the rest of the season. Might as well make a decision and go with it rather than let the negativity chew away at the team.

Basis4day

Reaction score
hawknation2014":6cdc4moa said:
Scottemojo":6cdc4moa said:
hawknation2014":6cdc4moa said:
rainger":6cdc4moa said:

T.J. was never a Carroll favorite . . . he was brought on under the old regime and was part of Carroll's initial roster purge.

The uncapped year helped us purge the bloated contracts.

Status
Not open for further replies.