BREAKING NEWS: Percy Harvin Traded to Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

wannabe

Reaction score
now I know why the Hawks have had some issues on the field and not playing well. That's taken care of now we can get back to Seahawks football.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
LymonHawk":3c9yya46 said:
pmedic920":3c9yya46 said:
LymonHawk":3c9yya46 said:
On the bright side: I didn't buy a Harvin jersey. :D

Good minds think alike, or so they say.

Obviously! :thirishdrinkers:
Oh yeah, then I'm smart too. Woo hoo! :0190l:

scutterhawk":3c9yya46 said:
........My guess is?, Bevell probably lobbied for John to get Percy here in the first place, and now I'm wondering how much longer before Bevel hits the road out of town.
Very reasonable question if you're right about Bevell lobbying JS (very likely IMO).

pocketprotector

Reaction score
We lost a late first round pick and will most likely get back an early second. No big deal. Lost a late third round pick and a late seventh round pick. No cap hits beyond this season. This is a minor hit to take and it was worth the risk to see what a rare talent could do for this team. Brilliant job by Pete and John all the way around. There will be a lot of hand wringing by people who don't understand calculated risks, but thankfully they are cleaning deep friers at Mcdonalds and not running this team.

irocdave

Reaction score
Just took a quick look at a Jets forum (never visited one before...cause they SUCK and have for a long time) apparently there fans don't like the deal.

mikeak

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":3ituizs5 said:
HAWKFaninBAMA":3ituizs5 said:
hawk45":3ituizs5 said:
HAWKFaninBAMA":3ituizs5 said:
Any business minede people in here?

Let's look at it in those terms:

OK, "Dead money" is a SUNK COST, meaning we have already lost it there is no reason to worry about it we cant get it back.

If Percy was a problem he could exponentially cause more problems then he is worth and multiply the loss.

If he almost got into a fight with RW and punched Golden, no matter what the circumstances, I believe this was a good move.

Time to move forward..... No point in dwelling on it..... GO HAWKS

I see near universal acceptance that unloading Percy was a good move. Folks understand the concept of sunk costs.

It's okay to express shock and frustration that the initial move turned out so poorly on a Seahawk message board the day the news breaks.

Oh, Im not trying to take that away. I was simply pointing out that the dead money shouldn't be looked at as negative.... Its all part of the process...

Yes, it's part of the process, but it doesn't make it any less suckage. I get what you're saying, but the dead cap is definitely something that isn't a positive and is a detriment, so I mean, people are goona be frustrated and disappointed with that.

But getting rid of him amidst everything (if true) was better than having him even if dead cap, less talent,etc.

LOOK there really is NO cap hit from the trade in terms of the future.

This year you save $7million in salary that the Jets take. This rolls over to next year
Next year should have $7million of the signing bonus as the cap hit which is covered by the money this year.

The sunk cost is salary to date and the draft picks

mikeak

Reaction score
Does anyone think the trust issue tweet ties into Seahawks drafting WR in 2nd and 4th?

That pissed him off and part of why those guys haven't played as the Hawks gave Harvin every chance to prove he was worth the money.

DangerousDoug

Reaction score
NJSeaHawk":18570rqy said:
you got the Harvin jersey blues?

WEGCieA

I bought my 10 year old a Harvin jersey when I was at the Bronco game a couple weeks ago. I told her about the trade today and she cried. Showing her this picture helped.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Cyrus12":i16lerx6 said:
we coulda had cordarrelle...sigh...
outside of week one, he's been crap this season. Literally less productive than Harvin. I've got him riding the bench on my fantasy team because he's just not getting the catches. I'd rather have DeAndre Hopkins frankly.

Kamcussionator

Reaction score
I was pleasantly surprised by this trade. We knew when we traded for him we were taking a risk: injury prone, attitude problems, prima donna...

The fact that we took that risk says a lot about the competitiveness of our organization. The fact that we were able to self-evaluate that it wasn't working out and pull the plug says a lot too. Kudos to John and Pete once again.

I think our football team got a lot better today. Percy Harvin turned us into a finesse team. Missing this season has been the mindset of being physical and forcing our will on the other team. Instead our offense has been dinking and dunking with the hopes that the YAC-fairy will carry us to victory.

I am really looking forward to our Hawks running North-South plays again. Seahawks 34 - Rams 9.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Cyrus12":1nqzs9d2 said:
we coulda had cordarrelle...sigh...

You do realize he will probably be out of the NFL in a year or two right?

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
DangerousDoug":2xih97i6 said:
NJSeaHawk":2xih97i6 said:
you got the Harvin jersey blues?

WEGCieA

I bought my 10 year old a Harvin jersey when I was at the Bronco game a couple weeks ago. I told her about the trade today and she cried. Showing her this picture helped.

Then posting this pic did it's job! Glad to hear :) You got a gamer on your hands :thirishdrinkers:

mikeak

Reaction score
jdruaint":1804enw8 said:
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-jets/percy-harvin/

So did they give him a new contract? And if so are we still on the hook for the rest of his 25 garenteed money? I'm confused, lol.

Supposedly no new contract but doesn't matter

Seahawks is responsible for the signing bonus (already paid and $7M or so hits cap next year)

Jets takes salary - $7M this year

12evanf

Reaction score
Maybe it was all a rope-a-dope. Just as teams started to have tape, game plan and key in on Percy, we toss him out and pull out the rug from under opposing DCs.

This seems as logical as any other white-washing of how we are now better off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts