Brian Schottenheimer has been fired

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I'm expecting his replacement to be Dave Canales, currently on staff. Either that, or Pete wants to go with someone who has a creative rushing attack.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Alright, let's find an upgrade pronto!

Reaction score
Hate to see a person lose their job. But excited to see who they are gonna go after.

AKNFidel

Reaction score
Lost his job running Pete’s vanilla offense. Pete found his fall guy... I don’t have high expectations that a new offensive coordinator will make any strides running the same scheme.

I predict Adam Gase or someone already on staff.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Citing "philosophical differences." Interesting.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Aros":1vp05vwk said:
Alright, let's find an upgrade pronto!

Sadly I don't think we can get an upgrade. What we need is for Pete to give all play calling control to the coordinator and stop interfering. How many times at the end of a year have we heard pete say that he changed a call or he asked a coordinator for a certain play or type of play? It seem to be every year. Whoever comes in will be going along fine, then have a hiccup (which is bound to happen to anyone) and pete will get nervous and start tinkering. Pete needs to stick to defensive play calling and team building.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Seahawks official Twitter

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Seahawks/status/1349146198863605761[/tweet]

Shotty may have been a lot of things, he was however one of the best Redzone play-callers in the NFL. During his three years with the team, his red-zone TD% was 66% and 73% in the 2020 season which was 3rd in the NFL.

During the glory years, Bevell had a TD% of 53%.

Well at least the Seahawks offense will look different, I just hope they will score TDs and not FGs when they make it to the Redzone.

AKNFidel

Reaction score
Aros":frt5ql85 said:
Citing "philosophical differences." Interesting.

Scotty wanted the offense to evolve from run, run, 50 yard bomb, and punt scheme. Pete said no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ludakrishna

Reaction score
Greg Knapp is probably who Pete will hire...anyone expecting a McVay / Shanahan disciple is dreaming. We’re going back to the 80s offense. I’m surprised Russell hasn’t pulled his power move. Rodgers got McCarthy fired....hopefully Russell does the same with Pete....

John63

Reaction score
sdog1981":1m42ktq4 said:

Shotty may have been a lot of things, he was however one of the best Redzone play-callers in the NFL. During his three years with the team, his red-zone TD% was 66% and 73% in the 2020 season which was 3rd in the NFL.

Well at least the Seahawks offense will look different, I just hope they will score TDs and not FGs when they make it to the Redzone.

LOl le tme help you how it will look

run, run, run, punt for 3 qtrs. Wilson save us for 1 and when he can't its all his fault. Remember PC just said in an interview he wants to run more, and play close games. More dominoes will be falling.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Sorry Mods I posted this in the main chat too.

If Pete wants to run more then maybe he will hire Bill Bedenbaugh from Oaklahoma. He is only 48 and might want to get a taste of the NFL.

ducks41468

Reaction score
Yeah I can't wait to see what absolute dullard we hire as a replacement.

Schotty was not the problem. Bevell was not the problem before him. The next guy will be someone with no other prospects collecting a paycheck for 3 years until they get fired as well.

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
John63":1kzicjj1 said:
sdog1981":1kzicjj1 said:

run, run, run, punt for 3 qtrs. Wilson save us for 1 and when he can't its all his fault. Remember PC just said in an interview he wants to run more, and play close games. More dominoes will be falling.

We both love Wilson, but come on. He clearly struggles in the short game and always has. A robust rushing attack does nothing but open Wilson up to play to his strength, which is his amazing command of the intermediate and deep passing attack.

Getting better at running the ball HELPS Wilson. We don't know how run heavy Seattle will end up being, and there's obviously proof that they're capable of adapting based on the complete philosophy shift we saw this season.

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Media pundits seem to be rolling with speculation that two Chargers assistants are in the mix: Pep Hamilton and Shane Steichen.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson/status/1349150950708162562[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1349148339766521861[/tweet]

ducks41468

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":2qr8tq0n said:
John63":2qr8tq0n said:
sdog1981":2qr8tq0n said:

We both love Wilson, but come on. He clearly struggles in the short game and always has. A robust rushing attack does nothing but open Wilson up to play to his strength, which is his amazing command of the intermediate and deep passing attack.

Getting better at running the ball HELPS Wilson. We don't know how run heavy Seattle will end up being, and there's obviously proof that they're capable of adapting based on the complete philosophy shift we saw this season.

Where is the running attack going to come from with the players we have returning and the lack of draft capital? Either this next guy will be an absolute genius (less than 2% chance), or we'll just be pounding it up the middle for 3 yards a carry 30+ times a game (98% chance)

seabowl

Reaction score
Gase? Adams endorses him :sarcasm_on:

Latest posts