Brian Schottenheimer

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Gio":17sg5pnw said:
Schottenheimer was their top choice, and the Seahawks wanted to get him before other teams offered him positions. - Rapoport added

Yea, cuz other teams are really knocking down his door... man, this sucks.

Mojambo

Reaction score
12’s don’t get their shiny (as yet untainted) new toy. Cue the whining.

Mojambo

Reaction score
G-Money":2geyahyv said:
Has proven to be a failure IMO........ugh

I could find this EXACT same post about Pete Carroll after that hire. Probably about 500 of the exact same posts. Worked out okay.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Let’s see how well he can dial up run, run, deep pass, punt

OP
OP
Gio

Gio

Reaction score
" Schottenheimer has nine seasons of coordinating experience in the NFL, but just one of those offenses finished inside the top-15 in total yards while none finished inside the top-15 in passing yards. Seattle should aim higher. "

" We were optimistic about the future of the Seahawks' offense when reports emerged they were willing to embrace a college-style scheme to suit Russell Wilson's strengths. Instead, Seattle has opted for a proven-failed offensive mind in Marty's son. An utmost example of the NFL's rampant nepotism, Brian Schottenheimer flamed out in previous stints coordinating offenses with the Jets, Rams, and University of Georgia. He spent the last two seasons coaching quarterbacks for the Colts. It's good news for the rest of the NFC West. " oook..... Is Bevell still available ? lol

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":mwb1rnvi said:
I said this so many times, but be careful what you wish for. The grass isn't always greener on the other side.

Bingo.

It's all about trust and relationships with Pete Carroll, and that's what it was always going to be about. Willingness to execute the vision of someone above you. My guess is that Pete saw Defilippo as too strong a presence.

Basically, we have another Bevell. And when we go 11-5 next year because we found some health and running game, then lose in the divisional round off the momentum from a couple of fluke plays, this time Pete will be the one to get the blame for hiring Schotty.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I don't want to look too much into his past, because that isn't fair. His QB's he has coordinated for have been Mark Sanchez in New York and then a mix of Bradford, Austin Davis, Kellen Clemens and Shaun Hill in Saint Louis. It's very likely that if he was able to run an offense for someone like Brees or Rodgers he would have had a lot more success.

What I do want to talk about is his play calling style. That Jets team was such a defensive force I remember their style of play being similar to RW's first few seasons with the Seahawks.

Overall it seems like an underwhelming hire, but his resume is incomplete because of the QB's he's had under him.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2n4dyuzs said:
Hawk-Lock":2n4dyuzs said:
I said this so many times, but be careful what you wish for. The grass isn't always greener on the other side.

Bingo.

Basically, we have another Bevell. And when we go 11-5 next year because we found some health and running game, then lose in the divisional round off the momentum from a couple of fluke plays, this time Pete will be the one to get the blame for hiring Schotty.

But, let's see what this other Bevell can do without Cable. I truly think he was the greater problem.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
O Ye of Little Faith! It is clear that Pete sees something that he likes in Brian. We as fans are going to have to wait until the end of July until we get a clear picture of what is going to happen to our Offense.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":18wx9y9f said:
O Ye of Little Faith! It is clear that Pete sees something that he likes in Brian. We as fans are going to have to wait until the end of July until we get a clear picture of what is going to happen to our Oyffense.

What Pete sees, most likely, is a coordinator who's willing to execute Pete's philosophy and vision and sublimate his own interests. He may well have seen Defilippo and the other candidates as too strong a mind and presence for him. That's pure 100% speculation on my part, but it would fit. It's all about trust and relationships.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2sjdvugk said:
I don't want to look too much into his past, because that isn't fair. His QB's he has coordinated for have been Mark Sanchez in New York and then a mix of Bradford, Austin Davis, Kellen Clemens and Shaun Hill in Saint Louis. It's very likely that if he was able to run an offense for someone like Brees or Rodgers he would have had a lot more success.

What I do want to talk about is his play calling style. That Jets team was such a defensive force I remember their style of play being similar to RW's first few seasons with the Seahawks.

Overall it seems like an underwhelming hire, but his resume is incomplete because of the QB's he's had under him.

Or were those quarterbacks bad because of him?

hawxfreak

Reaction score
As long as we get a decent oline coach I think it'll be fine and I have a feeling that it's going to be a situation where he performs much better with our scheme than he did with other teams and it's gonna piss em off that much more
Next year is gonna be interesting folks , just expect the first few games to be a little rough but then get on track and hope we can get into a rythym