Brian Schottenheimer

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":2xv295su said:
Holy $#&@ some of you are unbelievable. The guys been stuck with horrible talent for most of his career. He hasn't even coordinated one game yet and it's already over? And did I really just see someone say they want DB back? Give the guy a chance. Besides, last time I checked, "expected to hire" did not mean the same thing as "officially hire".

Multiple sources have reported that the job has been offered.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1o2v8hhg said:
If Shotty was the OC for Brees or Rodgers we would probably be singing a different song right now.

So much of coaching has to do with the roster you have. Do you think Dan Quinn would be this great coach if he took over the Browns? Bill O'Brien went from looking like one of the worst to one of the best coaches with DeShaun Watson.

PC could have been a joke in the NFL if he didn't land in Seattle.

Lets see what he can do with an actual QB.

Bill O'Brien still won the division with garbage Qbs

Dan Quinn coached up a young Falcons team. So yes, Shotty doesn't even come close

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1ca3pceo said:
If Shotty was the OC for Brees or Rodgers we would probably be singing a different song right now.

So much of coaching has to do with the roster you have. Do you think Dan Quinn would be this great coach if he took over the Browns? Bill O'Brien went from looking like one of the worst to one of the best coaches with DeShaun Watson.

While I agree with you, this offense just had a so so coordinator, with a great QB, and they were bad this past season.

If Shotty is also a so-so coordinator, then the "hes got talent now" theory isn't really going to help is it? Even though they don't grow on trees I think some of us were hoping Pete would reach for a guy that can maximize his talent, not succeed only if hes got it.

And for those of you saying "well it can't be worse than Bevell" what kind of mindset is that? So if we hire a guy that is just average, we are all ok with it because hes marginally better than Bevell? What's wrong with at least hoping for a vetted process where guys with a higher ceiling are considered?

Shot might be a diamond in the rough just waiting for the right situation. Its possible. But I would rather roll the dice on a younger voice that might be dynamic, rather than praying that Shotty's poor track record is just due to all kinds of bad luck.....

jake206

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3amcg9st said:
Mistashoesta":3amcg9st said:
Holy $#&@ some of you are unbelievable. The guys been stuck with horrible talent for most of his career. He hasn't even coordinated one game yet and it's already over? And did I really just see someone say they want DB back? Give the guy a chance. Besides, last time I checked, "expected to hire" did not mean the same thing as "officially hire".

Multiple sources have reported that the job has been offered.

Would laugh if B.S. turned it down.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hawkpower":3upm8dfm said:
Hawk-Lock":3upm8dfm said:

While I agree with you, this offense just had a so so coordinator, with a great QB, and they were bad this past season.

If Shotty is also a so-so coordinator, then the "hes got talent now" theory isn't really going to help is it? Even though they don't grow on trees I think some of us were hoping Pete would reach for a guy that can maximize his talent, not succeed only if hes got it.

And for those of you saying "well it can't be worse than Bevell" what kind of mindset is that? So if we hire a guy that is just average, we are all ok with it because hes marginally better than Bevell? What's wrong with at least hoping for a vetted process where guys with a higher ceiling are considered?

Shot might be a diamond in the rough just waiting for the right situation. Its possible. But I would rather roll the dice on a younger voice that might be dynamic, rather than praying that Shotty's poor track record is just due to all kinds of bad luck.....
Average > than the worst, so there is that.
I think the Eagles QB coach would have had a higher upside, but I’m just a guy on a couch, like everyone else here.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":27hgfkvy said:

LOL

Shotty had a talented Jets offense. I watched almost every one of their games. Was it elite top shelf talent? Nope, but more than enough to work with. The only issue was Mark Sanchez, who by the way NEVER developed under Shotty. Say what you want about Bevell, but Russell still grew under him. Russell also had one of the most impressive MVP like season with Bevell a couple years ago

I don't tailor my facts based on who I like. Shotty has NEVER been good. If he manages to have made some major revelation after sucking so much then hey, good for him

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3aupx8h9 said:
Hawkpower":3aupx8h9 said:
Hawk-Lock":3aupx8h9 said:

Except if you look at Bevell's past vs. Shotty's the stats tell a different story.

Shotty might be a great mind who has been stuck with miserable luck his whole career. I am willing to concede that. But why do we need to hope for that when there are other options out there with a better chance at having a higher ceiling?

All we are doing with this argument is rationalizing a very meh choice. If we have to hope, I would rather hope that a young up and coming coordinator can make it work rather than hoping that an old retread has just been unlucky.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hawkpower":19xpy2an said:
Hawk-Lock":19xpy2an said:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":28cy29g6 said:
Did we even interview? This seems incredibly rushed and impulsive move by Pete. Couldn’t wait a couple more weeks for other candidates?

I just don’t see shot being the guy to take Russ to the next level.
Better gameplanning, and better play calling will get Russ to the next level.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2z5xzwlf said:
Coug_Hawk08":2z5xzwlf said:
Did we even interview? This seems incredibly rushed and impulsive move by Pete. Couldn’t wait a couple more weeks for other candidates?

You need to be talking about replacing the head coach, then. Schotty is a disciple of the same system Bevell was running. There isn't going to be much that changes.

FidelisHawk

Reaction score
nanomoz":11abbkx1 said:
I hope he's actually given a chance to implement his own vision, not Carroll/Bevel redux. A subordinate subordinate is exactly what Pete doesn't need.

It makes absolutely zero sense to have your OC and HC with different visions on how the offense should be run.

If you want a different vision you change the Head Coach.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3aff6mio said:
Sports Hernia":3aff6mio said:
Coug_Hawk08":3aff6mio said:

You need to be talking about replacing the head coach, then. Schotty is a disciple of the same system Bevell was running. There isn't going to be much that changes.
All I can say is watch the gameplanning and watch the playcalling next season, it will be different.
Save this post, and if I’m wrong feel free to come back and say “I told you so”.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Doesn't matter who we hire, nothing will change unless we get better blocking and better execution.

Doesn't matter who we hire, everything will change if we get better blocking and better execution.

getnasty

Reaction score
Down Under Hawk":15nlapuh said:
getnasty":15nlapuh said:
Hard to get excited about this, my buddy is a Georgia fan and claims he was bad there too. Finished in the bottom half of offenses 7 of 8 seasons in the NFL. That's bullshit

This thread is exactly the same negative nelly shit that was espoused on .NET when PC was hired. I am having deja vue all over again.

Give the guy a chance. The bigger issue will be getting some bodies for the O line and a Oline coach that actually gets them blocking. I think people will be pleasently surprised bu Schotts.

The team no longer has 2 people running the O and will now have one clear focus and direction that is much more of a change up O than 3 play DB could ever do.

Oh I'm gonna give him a chance but if you think this hire is anything other then underwhelming your lying to yourself.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Bobblehead":yppf1qdp said:
Doesn't matter who we hire, nothing will change unless we get better blocking and better execution.

Doesn't matter who we hire, everything will change if we get better blocking and better execution.

It's pretty telling that our hope is pinned to this, rather than to Brian Schottenheimer.

I dunno. I have no choice but to give him a shot. But I really wanted an innovator.

warden

Reaction score
RockinHawks":fijjv7ne said:
Ohhhhhh boyyyyy.....well, he had some success when he had competent QBs!
The Seahawks have a competent QB

Optimus25

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":1n7etzv4 said:
Unmitigated disaster.

The absolute worst candidate possible.

I feel like.... :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface:

Well, I guess one thing is for sure.

We will eventually see a new HC and a regime change, because we aren't winning crap with that boring offense.

That Rams offense he coached was one of the worst I've ever seen.

With Fisher at the helm and your franchise QB named Sam glass man Bradford.

Jeesh man. What exactly were you expecting from that formula?. The greatest show on turf?

Bobblehead

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1kntzae6 said:
Bobblehead":1kntzae6 said:

It's pretty telling that our hope is pinned to this, rather than to Brian Schottenheimer.

I dunno. I have no choice but to give him a shot. But I really wanted an innovator.

It's why, though Bevel was frustrating, it was hard for me to place a lot of blame on him. You can have the greatest game plan, but, if your pawns break down, you'r not going to be successful.

Latest posts