Brian Schottenheimer

Rainger

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":3ur44c8z said:
Did we even interview? This seems incredibly rushed and impulsive move by Pete. Couldn’t wait a couple more weeks for other candidates?

I just don’t see shot being the guy to take Russ to the next level.
Season has been over for weeks. If Shotts is who PC wanted all along this has been plenty of time. In addition reports are that he had interviews and they wanted to finalize this because a number of other teams are looking for OC and HC.

Lets give him a chance. He has worked well with exsteamly poor talent. Lets get the line fixed and see how he has a better more varied play calling scheme than DB,

As for taking Wilson to next level go look at the glowing remarks from Drew Bress who credits Shotts for taking him to all pro level.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
bevellisthedevil":18pue7qv said:
I really don't want to have to change my handle to Schottenheimeristhedevil. It is way too long.

Seriously folks, it is a new set of eyes. Our offense was broken for at least 50% of every game. Situational awareness has been terrible.

Do you really think it could get worse?

No, it's seriously a huge improvement from a common sense, offensive flow perspective. Even with the litany of crappy QBs he had, Brian managed some very potent rushing attacks.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
I do have my concerns but I'm not too surprised. Number one reason being Pete is a notoriously conservative offensive coach. He wasn't going to go for say a Trestman.

I kinda yawned when we replaced Bradley with Quinn and he ended up being really specialb

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
LoB6":1i3kdosx said:
I miss Bevell.
I’m not going to miss scoring less than 7 offensive points in the first half of every game, but that’s just me. 8)

Seymour

Reaction score
As I suspected. Pete wanted another puppet that has as little string tension as possible. :|

Puppet

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
bevellisthedevil":13paeqtj said:
I really don't want to have to change my handle to Schottenheimeristhedevil. It is way too long.

Seriously folks, it is a new set of eyes. Our offense was broken for at least 50% of every game. Situational awareness has been terrible.

Do you really think it could get worse?
THIS!

adeltaY

Reaction score
I think I saw a bit of him in Hard Knocks when he was with the Jets. Seemed good, but I barely remember him. Got the impression he was good at working with QBs. Sanchez has proven to be really bad outside of NY, so it's hard to blame Shotty for that. Bradford was also perennially injured and still can't stay on the field. I think the fact that he was Luck's QB coach last year is a huge plus in his favor. That was definitely Luck's best season and he'd had some really good ones prior to it.

My gut says this is not exciting, but I want to give him a chance, he deserves it.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Gio":jcxemue9 said:
" Schottenheimer has nine seasons of coordinating experience in the NFL, but just one of those offenses finished inside the top-15 in total yards while none finished inside the top-15 in passing yards. Seattle should aim higher. "
Geez, Bev has a Rock Star Record compared to that one.

Strange choice, hope it’s not true.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
More concerned about the OLC we get. We'll be fine on offense if we can get our POS OL squared away.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Down Under Hawk":2efm8d8z said:
Coug_Hawk08":2efm8d8z said:
Did we even interview? This seems incredibly rushed and impulsive move by Pete. Couldn’t wait a couple more weeks for other candidates?

Season has been over for weeks. If Shotts is who PC wanted all along this has been plenty of time. In addition reports are that he had interviews and they wanted to finalize this because a number of other teams are looking for OC and HC.

Lets give him a chance. He has worked well with exsteamly poor talent. Lets get the line fixed and see how he has a better more varied play calling scheme than DB,

As for taking Wilson to next level go look at the glowing remarks from Drew Bress who credits Shotts for taking him to all pro level.

That comment was from 2006. Might as well be 100 years ago in NFL years. He hasn’t done anything impressive in ages. Has shown scheme and ability to play call can not up level players available to him. He might end up looking ok, because Russell will save him from himself. Same situation we had with Bev.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Now we just need the equivalent of Bill Callahan for an offensive line coach.

Rainger

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":2poektmx said:
Down Under Hawk":2poektmx said:
Coug_Hawk08":2poektmx said:

That comment was from 2006. Might as well be 100 years ago in NFL years. He hasn’t done anything impressive in ages. Has shown scheme and ability to play call can not up level players available to him. He might end up looking ok, because Russell will save him from himself. Same situation we had with Bev.

Go look at the links I posted from the rams fourms and from the Colts sbnation they are more recent and not trashing Shotts like most ot the over reactor negative nellys are doing in this post.

Seymour

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":1vmbm4qn said:
More concerned about the OLC we get. We'll be fine on offense if we can get our POS OL squared away.

Agree. This is what it boils down to for me also.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Well now I'm officially on Urban Meyer watch ...

What a putrid Tedric Thompson style pick.

It's moves like this that make us look forward to the M's season.

randomation

Reaction score
Hmm will wait to see what happens but wasn't in my top 5 for sure. The more important thing is getting rid of Cable.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":sxn5vrlt said:
Well now I'm officially on Urban Meyer watch ...

What a putrid Tedric Thompson style pick.

It's moves like this that make us look forward to the M's season.

Tedric Thompson is a play maker. Don't be surprised if he develops into a great defender.

NJlargent

Reaction score
Underwhelming but at least fire shotty will make for good thread titles late next season

nanomoz

Reaction score
I hope he's actually given a chance to implement his own vision, not Carroll/Bevel redux. A subordinate subordinate is exactly what Pete doesn't need.