Bright side.

OP
OP
TAB420

TAB420

Reaction score
Please, Pete's got Jody by the balls. He's leaving when he wants. And unfortunately he's gonna wanna run this shit back again, like we're close or something ridiculous like that
I think we both hope you're wrong. But...you're probably not.

JPatera76

Reaction score
https://www.jacksonville.com/story/...ys-big-price-pete-carroll-doesnt/15942428007/

Pete's trying to relive his USC days, up until the NCAA caught him.
Example: Deshawn Shed, the Locker room, all the celebrities and issues

Snippet:
The NCAA hit Carroll's regime for a lack of institutional control and lax way of running things. And even though the "former football coach" wasn't mentioned until page 30 of the report, the NCAA asserted he encouraged an agent to hire football players for intern jobs in 2005 that weren't open to non-players. Running back Reggie Bush, who is now banned from the program, was one of three players to get those jobs.

And then there was the way Carroll handled his sideline and locker room. Snoop Dogg was a regular at practice. Will Ferrell was on the sidelines during games.

The NCAA report said, "There was relatively little effective monitoring of, among others, football locker rooms and sidelines and there existed a general postgame locker room environment that made compliance efforts difficult."

Meanwhile, Carroll can deny everything and collect his $7 million annual salary with the Seahawks.

When Carroll took the job, he said, "If you know anything about me, you know I can't pass up the challenge."

He met the challenge, which was to get out of town one step ahead of the NCAA sheriff.

So once he's pissed enough people off and the locker room is completely hosed and lost, he'll ride off into the sunset. Jodi won't have a chance to fire him.
(He doesn't Deny, he sidesteps questions or gives "non answers") He's a coach who in his whole later half of his career, USC and Seattle wasn't held accountable and let run loose. Beforehand, Patriots, Jets, SF there was accountability and he paid.

Mizak

Reaction score
https://www.jacksonville.com/story/...ys-big-price-pete-carroll-doesnt/15942428007/

Pete's trying to relive his USC days, up until the NCAA caught him.
Example: Deshawn Shed, the Locker room, all the celebrities and issues

Snippet:

So once he's pissed enough people off and the locker room is completely hosed and lost, he'll ride off into the sunset. Jodi won't have a chance to fire him.
He’ll ride off into the sunset AKA he won’t take accountability, right?

JPatera76

Reaction score
He’ll ride off into the sunset AKA he won’t take accountability, right?
Bingo. I just edited my previous to mention that lol

EDIT: TO add, I would go as far to argue that the reason he was "hot" in such a "short" time here in Seattle is because he got to get the players he wanted and saw while in college. He's been so long removed from college its caught up tbh. I mean don't get me wrong I can't hate on a scout, or Coach (Quinn) if they get a better opportunity elsewhere, but also on the same token, why does Mr. Yes man Pete never seem to sweeten the pot the these people who leave. Quinn for example, that probably wouldn't involved giving Quinn an obvious pay raise but the big one, Probably giving up some power and letting Quinn have more control over the defense.

Lack of accountability and Too much Power over the wrong stuff

Last edited:

Mizak

Reaction score
Bingo. I just edited my previous to mention that lol
Here’s to got me thinking. If the Seahawks organization got into a controversy, I mean a huge controversy, do you think Carroll will stick around with the organization through thick and thin?

JPatera76

Reaction score
Here’s to got me thinking. If the Seahawks organization got into a controversy, I mean a huge controversy, do you think Carroll will stick around with the organization through thick and thin?
Nah I think he'd retire. Pete is a "dodger". If you watch interviews with him rarely does he go off his "script" of what he says, and when the tough questions start coming in, the REAL questions from the media come he avoids them in some way. He answers with non-answers he'll circle around questions, repeat them back and give a completely unrelated or obscure answer. He "politicians" the media with his answers while fleecing most the public.

NoGain

Reaction score
Jody signed PC to that contract because he was a safe placeholder for the job until she moved to sell the team as early as June 2024 when they are no longer obligated to pay the state a massive portion of the proceeds of the sale of the team.