Bring the Super Bowl to Seattle

The Radish

Reaction score
Scott makes one great point, the noise. I doubt the NFL wants anything to do with that at a SuperB owl.

Also there has been talk between Seattle and the league about it and one of the things they said was the cruise ship people would be glad to dock 2 of their ships in Seattle for the game. I don't know how many extra rooms that is but its a lot and its only what, 4-5 blocks from the stadium? 2 is about all the room the current docks would support. If you haven't seen, those babys are HUGE!

But no matter I think the NFL unless it has a game in the south that is virtually rained out will never be stupid enough to take such a chance again.

:roll:

RedAlice

Reaction score
I think right now is the best chance for Seattle to enter the SB city consideration.

It's all about money. The hotel issue matters, so that would have to be solved. The next 3 years are locked. So, you would have to vie for the 2017 season. If you are still good, how crazy would the season be wondering if the home team hosting thing would finally be broken? Seems like money ratings.

And it has to be broken sometime, why not you?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
RedAlice":1oxm31ol said:
I think right now is the best chance for Seattle to enter the SB city consideration.

It's all about money. The hotel issue matters, so that would have to be solved. The next 3 years are locked. So, you would have to vie for the 2017 season. If you are still good, how crazy would the season be wondering if the home team hosting thing would finally be broken? Seems like money ratings.

And it has to be broken sometime, why not you?
If we host a Super Bowl that we are in, I give the opposition about a 5% chance to win. We showed up well in freaking NYC; hosting our own Super Bowl in our own city?! I'd be terrified if I were a fan of the AFC team having to come here in that scenario. It wouldn't even be fair.

JMR

Reaction score
The 3 main requirements of the city to host the SB are 70k+ seats, > 50 deg in Feb, and 25k hotel rooms within 1 hour drive. Seattle is < 50 degrees in Feb, but that has been breached by NY/NJ. I am not sure about the hotel room count in Seattle, but the one hour radius should include Tacoma and smaller towns in between so that should be met.

I don't disagree that the SB is ideal in a warmer place, but unless the league just wants to come out and admit they favor some cities over others and are willing to make exceptions for them and not Seattle, I think that line has been crossed. And while Seattle isn't warm in Feb, it certainly isn't Chicago or Minnesota (who will have an outdoor stadium soon).

The league is probably pissed off enough at us for winning the SB though, so I doubt they show us love any time soon.

12HawkFan

Reaction score
As mentioned before hotel rooms would be an easy fix using cruise ships.

I believe that Seattle can handle five cruise ships, two in front of downtown and three inside of Harbor Island, so THAT is a slam dunk fix.

GO HAWKS!!!

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Seattle can very well handle a SB...Not a problem- no need for those ships...If Indy did it...Seattle is much bigger and even more so if you count any area within 50 miles..