Britt extended ......

mikeak

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":t5012wq7 said:
I find it interesting that I mentioned something last season and will again now. I think what PC had in mind is a training regimen. Go left, go right, then put him at CENTER and he knows what those positions need to know to play the game. And Pete said that is what they had in mind when they drafted him. What a concept. Sorry dotnet....I think they stuck to their plan and won.

I wonder what plan they had for Graham. :roll: :lol: :stirthepot:

Well if the pre-requisite for a good center is being bad left and right then we have several up and coming all-pro centers. So not sure why they resigned Britt :)

kidhawk

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":1bwie53w said:
I find it interesting that I mentioned something last season and will again now. I think what PC had in mind is a training regimen. Go left, go right, then put him at CENTER and he knows what those positions need to know to play the game. And Pete said that is what they had in mind when they drafted him. What a concept. Sorry dotnet....I think they stuck to their plan and won.

If a guy is going to be your starting center, it's not likely he'll need to play guard or tackle, because when you have a starting center, you don't screw with the flow of the line by moving him unless you basically have no linemen and the Long Snapper has to play center.

Perhaps they used the Tackle and guard positions to get him playing time while he was groomed for Center, but I still think they wasted year 2 putting him at guard. Of course my hindsight is 20/20

hawk45

Reaction score
100% credit for masterful design would have been if the plan didn't involve poor years at tackle and guard while Drew friggin Nowak started at center until you pull Lewis back in. If this was all by design, it was a poor job of sacrificing wins in their window.

Nevertheless, establishing Britt at center is a feather in the cap of Cable, maybe the first unvarnished one since his fiddling actually produced a player worth a second contract. As testament to Britt's effectiveness, I was prepared to revolt if Britt was not extended or re-signed.

One anchor down on the OL, just have to find that 2nd anchor, then we can let the other positions remain fluid in deference to the cap. Maybe Pocic at RT - but able to pinch hit elsewhere - will be that 2nd guy.

quadsas

Reaction score
I remember being upset that he was moved to C because I thought when Lewis was starting our oline was not infuriatingly bad. Good for him, maybe that will motivate others to chase the money

MrThortan

Reaction score
Glad Britt will be a Seahawk until at least 2020. He was actually a guy I really wanted the team to lock up for a few years and I am glad the paperwork is done. Hope he has a probowl season this year.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
AgentDib":3e9r97mm said:
Of course we still had Unger in 2014 but with hindsight it would have been nice to have Britt make the switch in 2015. I think it came down to them just not liking Bailey very much as he would have been the fan pick for LG that season.

I remember watching Alvin Bailey in the 2015 preseason and wondering if he was even going to make the team. He was horrible on the field and seemed to be pouting off of the field, as evidenced by his tweet that there were "31 other cities" he could play in, or some such. Britt may have not been all that great at left guard but starting Bailey there would have been a disaster.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":255oilor said:

Yeah.... I'm gonna bet they didn't hope he failed at guard and tackle so they could move him to center. Doesn't really make sense to me.

Jville

Reaction score
cst_am4i7793_0.jpg

Source >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/galleries/2017/08/17/best-seahawks-center-justin-britt#515091[/urltargetblank]

StoneCold

Reaction score
hawk45":nbq2frn5 said:
100% credit for masterful design would have been if the plan didn't involve poor years at tackle and guard while Drew friggin Nowak started at center until you pull Lewis back in. If this was all by design, it was a poor job of sacrificing wins in their window.

Nevertheless, establishing Britt at center is a feather in the cap of Cable, maybe the first unvarnished one since his fiddling actually produced a player worth a second contract. As testament to Britt's effectiveness, I was prepared to revolt if Britt was not extended or re-signed.

One anchor down on the OL, just have to find that 2nd anchor, then we can let the other positions remain fluid in deference to the cap. Maybe Pocic at RT - but able to pinch hit elsewhere - will be that 2nd guy.

I know people weren't happy with him at Tackle or Guard, but he may still have been the best option we had at the time. If he doesn't play Tackle/Guard someone else would be. Perhaps they just didn't have the personnel to make the move until last year.