Britt out the rest of the year.

The Breh

Reaction score
Well he's out for the rest of the year, you say?
Pretty fair to say, yes-it's bad.

massari

Reaction score
Wonder if the Seahawks would prefer a guy like Billy Price from the Bengals over Pocic and Hunt?

He's been rumored to be on the block and the Seahawks hosted him on a pre draft visit in 2018.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
massari":1dgeoy2s said:
Wonder if the Seahawks would prefer a guy like Billy Price from the Bengals over Pocic and Hunt?

He's been rumored to be on the block and the Seahawks hosted him on a pre draft visit in 2018.

Price probably commands a 2nd round pick in a trade -- Hunt played pretty well. I think you go with Hunt, and bring Pocic off IR in 4-5 weeks.

I would much rather get a TE or pass rusher than a center

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Come on, you can't just say "should have traded him" after a guy gets injured. So now it's the front offices fault???
And WHY would they trade him anyway????

HawkFreak

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":yobramrw said:
-- Hunt played pretty well. I think you go with Hunt, and bring Pocic off IR in 4-5 weeks.

I'm not so sure how well Hunt played. It felt like the run game turned to crap after Britt was hurt. Hunt seems a little on the small side for a C no?. My fear is he gets steamrolled when we play tougher lines like the Niners. And we are all good with Pocic as a solid Oline player?

But who knows...

had2bhawk

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":39ctvg45 said:
massari":39ctvg45 said:

Price probably commands a 2nd round pick in a trade -- Hunt played pretty well. I think you go with Hunt, and bring Pocic off IR in 4-5 weeks.

I would much rather get a TE or pass rusher than a center

I think PC goes with this.
Hunt had to come in and adjust quickly and I too believe he did alright. The biggest adjustment will be OL/ OC adjusting to make up for Britts absence.
Tampa Bay will be a good adjustment period before the big one with 9'ers Monday night.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And clearly Brown shouldn't be out there. He did what he could but is clearly playing hurt. Losing Britt was huge.

rcaido

Reaction score
Britt is just an average center that's getting paid 8 million a year. The problem is that he's going to make 12 million next year. I doubt the Seahawks are going to pay that, so that's probably the reason why they were shopping him beginning of the year for Clowney. Houston ended up bending over for Schneider instead...My guess Pocic injury delayed it.

Trade value dropped significantly now. We might end up just releasing him and take the cap hit and get nothing. Im hoping Schneider can work his magic again.

bbsplitter

Reaction score
rcaido":2wvfdnoh said:
Britt is just an average center that's getting paid 8 million a year. The problem is that he's going to make 12 million next year. I doubt the Seahawks are going to pay that, so that's probably the reason why they were shopping him beginning of the year for Clowney. Houston ended up bending over for Schneider instead...My guess Pocic injury delayed it.

Trade value dropped significantly now. We might end up just releasing him and take the cap hit and get nothing. Im hoping Schneider can work his magic again.

Judging how the O-Line market and FA signing have gone for other teams over the last 5 years, even being just 'average' I would sign that deal again in a second. And pay him the 12 without batting an eye.

Bob Loblaw

Reaction score
I think Pete works out and even signs Joshua Garnett, he’s healthy, just turned 25 and is able to play center of need be. He can take over at guard as well if Caroll moves another o lineman to center

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/1188946321551413249[/tweet]

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":av2e94qi said:
Even though Britt has been an important part of the O-line for years, I do not see him making the Ring of Honor.

LOL Hass and Alexander haven't made the ROH. Britt is nowhere close. I hope this was sarcasm.

I suspect we will try to re-structure Britt's deal and I suspect he will actually take a re-structure extension vs. being cut and trying to get a deal as a FA with recent surgery.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
HawkFreak":n9bc1mwr said:
WestcoastSteve":n9bc1mwr said:
-- Hunt played pretty well. I think you go with Hunt, and bring Pocic off IR in 4-5 weeks.

I'm not so sure how well Hunt played. It felt like the run game turned to crap after Britt was hurt. Hunt seems a little on the small side for a C no?. My fear is he gets steamrolled when we play tougher lines like the Niners. And we are all good with Pocic as a solid Oline player?

But who knows...

It did not turn to crap after Britt got hurt. He got hurt on the first drive. Carson had 2 carries for 7 yards and Penny had 1 carry for 1 yard at that point.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
A bigger loss than people think. He may not be a great pass blocker, but he’s a solid run blocker and is great with communications.

That said, I think Pocic will do well when he gets back from IR. Which is essentially his natural position