Too soon to call the rest of the season?

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Cardinals - win by 10+
Tampa - win by 10+
Raiders - win by 10+
Rams - Loss. Dunno Why.
Panthers - win by 7+ -
49ers - win by 3+
Chiefs - Loss by 7+
Jets - Win by 7+
Rams - win by 7+

So, 12-5 by the time we're done? I have NO idea why I'm worried about the 49ers. Chiefs - I hate Mahomes. But I respect him and them. I just oon't think that Carolina can keep up the anger management tour. Tampa - he's wearing shirts with pictures of himself to the game. My god - they are imploding. I have to say - Carr is my biggest disappointment this year - I kinda root softly for the Raiders and Browns in the background - but Geez.

And that's just my opinion. It's a little optimistic, I know - but I also mentioned recently i thought that we'd .750 the rest of the games in the season (2nd half) now that we were back on track.

Last edited:

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I can't pull myself away from 9-8 yet. 9-8 is still way above expectations for me, but we are not dominant and I still believe that a lot of the NFL is basically around the same talent level. I do expect most of these games to be close though, so flip a coin.

Slick

Reaction score
9-8 or 10-7 for me:

AZ - W
TB - Toss up
LV - W
LAR - L
CAR - W
SFO - L
KC - L
NYJ - W
LAR - L

EDIT: Both records of which I'd be ecstatic about.

FlyingGunHawk

Reaction score
Something about this upcoming game against the Cardinals doesn't sit right with me. I was more confident in a W against the Giants which I thought was going to be closer game than it was.
I could see a letdown loss vs the Cards, followed by uplifting performance against the Bucs going into the BYE at 6-4. After that, who knows.

The reason for the pessimism is because the Seahawks aren't playing clean football. Turnovers in every game this year.

RobDaHawk

Reaction score
They are playing amazing football right now......but I feel at least one more loss sneaks in there somewhere, if not two. I like the L's you picked and where you picked them. I'd say the Jets is a toss-up and possibly that last 49'er game are close calls. I could see 10-7 through 12-5 as all being outcomes record wise.

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
They are playing amazing football right now......but I feel at least one more loss sneaks in there somewhere, if not two. I like the L's you picked and where you picked them. I'd say the Jets is a toss-up and possibly that last 49'er game are close calls. I could see 10-7 through 12-5 as all being outcomes record wise.
agreed.

i think i've missed 1 L.

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
9-8 or 10-7 for me:

AZ - W
TB - Toss up
LV - W
LAR - L
CAR - W
SFO - L
KC - L
NYJ - W
LAR - L

you think we're gonna drop BOTH games to the Lambs?

?!

Own The West

Reaction score
Cardinals - win by 10+
Tampa - win by 10+
Raiders - win by 10+
Rams - Loss. Dunno Why.
Panthers - win by 7+ -
49ers - win by 3+
Chiefs - Loss by 7+
Jets - Win by 7+
Rams - win by 7+

So, 12-5 by the time we're done? I have NO idea why I'm worried about the 49ers. Chiefs - I hate Mahomes. But I respect him and them. I just oon't think that Carolina can keep up the anger management tour. Tampa - he's wearing shirts with pictures of himself to the game. My god - they are imploding. I have to say - Carr is my biggest disappointment this year - I kinda root softly for the Raiders and Browns in the background - but Geez.

And that's just my opinion. It's a little optimistic, I know - but I also mentioned recently i thought that we'd .750 the rest of the games in the season (2nd half) now that we were back on track.
The only issue I'd take with this is that we will probably blow out the Chiefs and then lose to the Jets like 13-6. Because, that's what always seems to happen with PC coached teams. ::eyeroll::

LeveeBreak

Reaction score
I can't pull myself away from 9-8 yet. 9-8 is still way above expectations for me, but we are not dominant and I still believe that a lot of the NFL is basically around the same talent level. I do expect most of these games to be close though, so flip a coin.
If we end up 9-8...the wheels fell off somewhere. 11-12 is the new expectation I think...and that is not unreasonable.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
Cardinals - win by 10+
Tampa - win by 10+
Raiders - win by 10+
Rams - Loss. Dunno Why.
Panthers - win by 7+ -
49ers - win by 3+
Chiefs - Loss by 7+
Jets - Win by 7+
Rams - win by 7+

I think the Niners win will be heavily dependent on whether or not McCaffery has had his yearly injury yet. Rams have our number lately and division games are weird, hopefully they split at worse but wouldn't surprise me to lose twice to them. Other than the Chiefs, which isn't impossible, every game is quite winnable. Other than the Chiefs and Niners, I think we'd be favored in most of them as well.

Slick

Reaction score
you think we're gonna drop BOTH games to the Lambs?

?!
I do. I never like the Seahawks matchups with them. I think they will “wake up” this season and get rolling.

I will be super happy though if the Seahawks take one or both games.

slateman77

Reaction score
I have a feeling 10-7 or possibly 11-6 will win the division. The good news is 4 out of our last 5 games are at home but by then I think Carolina will be the only team we play with a losing record.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I saw something that said based on win percentage we have one of the easier remaining schedules. I took that with a grain of salt. I hope I am wrong but I think Tampa and the Rams are better than their records so those games are tough.

I am thinking I shouldn't hope for more than about 5-4

Donn2390

Reaction score
The only issue I'd take with this is that we will probably blow out the Chiefs and then lose to the Jets like 13-6. Because, that's what always seems to happen with PC coached teams. ::eyeroll::
Oh no! Pete just went from saint to sinner... again, just like that. You either have total faith in him, or none at all, there is no half way unless perhaps for the wishy washy...
I don't bother to guess future wins or losses, I go into every game expecting to win. Negative is not my style. Less to worry about that way, easier on the nerves...

Ozzy

Reaction score
I’m still in the .500 or close camp but I’m starting to lose confidence in that. Second half of NFL seasons tend to change a lot as teams gather information and adapt. But at this point nothing would really shock me

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
9-8 or 10-7 for me:

AZ - W
TB - Toss up
LV - W
LAR - L
CAR - W
SFO - L
KC - L
NYJ - W
LAR - L

I really don't want them to get swept by the Lambchops again, I'm optimistic that they have a chance this year to win at least one... Imagine Seattle sweeping THEM, oh man would that be sweet, haven't seen that since 2013, please Seattle, PLEASE!

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
I saw something that said based on win percentage we have one of the easier remaining schedules. I took that with a grain of salt. I hope I am wrong but I think Tampa and the Rams are better than their records so those games are tough.

I am thinking I shouldn't hope for more than about 5-4
Tampa I could see, maybe, as better than their record (though they have lost to Carolina AND Pittsburgh and did not look good during either game) but the Rams, if anything, might be worse than their record.

I still say we split the season games just because they are a divisional opponent but that's literally the only reason.

Spohawks

Reaction score
I wonder sometimes if they peaked to soon. But hey, at least they peaked...nobody had them rocking at all this year.