Too soon to call the rest of the season?

toffee

Reaction score
I expect to start the season slow, then finish strong, so many rookies and a QB adapting to starting in NFL. Well, we started strong, and I am now expecting to finish even stronger. I expect to take 6 of the remaining 9 games, that will make it 11 wins.

Chuckwow

Reaction score
Many excellent replies ....but one thing we know, we're definitely not going to sneak up on anybody. I see us winning 10, but anything over .500 I'll feel pretty good about.

Reactions: FPD

FPD

Reaction score
Many excellent replies ....but one thing we know, we're definitely not going to sneak up on anybody. I see us winning 10, but anything over .500 I'll feel pretty good about.

Agreed. I am a long suffering Hawks fan (since opening day baby!). I even still get the jitters when we're up big in the 4th quarter and the game's almost over. (For example, in Super Bowl XLVIII, even after Harvin returned the second half opening kickoff for a touchdown, I was still nervous that the Broncos would come back and win lol). I say this to let you know why, even though it may not be reasonable, I lean toward 9-10 wins. But I definitely have high hopes for 11-12 wins! ✌️ :cool:

acer1240

Reaction score
If this team gets to 10 wins and Pete doesn't win coach win of the year it's a travesty. Some like Rainger predicted us to be competitive but I didn't see anyone saying that we would actually be good.

I'm still in shock.

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
I have a feeling 10-7 or possibly 11-6 will win the division. The good news is 4 out of our last 5 games are at home but by then I think Carolina will be the only team we play with a losing record.
Well I hope Carolina runs out of steam before we see them. They've been playing a bit like a team possessed after the trade.

Own The West

Reaction score
Oh no! Pete just went from saint to sinner... again, just like that. You either have total faith in him, or none at all, there is no half way unless perhaps for the wishy washy...
I don't bother to guess future wins or losses, I go into every game expecting to win. Negative is not my style. Less to worry about that way, easier on the nerves...
Not at all. It's just a quirky thing with him, even at USC. They'd absolutely crush in "the big game", then come out flat and lose to cupcake state. It was so weird. Think Superbowl against the Broncos vs losing at home against the Cardinals 10-17 that same year.

It's just a funny thing his teams seem to do.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
This team is on a heater right now and the temperature might go down a bit from this point forward but if so, it won't go down by a lot. Imo, we finish at 11-6 and win the division edging out the 40-Whiners.

Do you realize that the Hawks players had only two (2) penalties vs. the Giants. When was the last time that happened!! This team is playing solid, balanced team football. Really solid.

Enjoy the ride, everybody. My wife and I sure will.

toffee

Reaction score
We will likely drop 2 heartbreakers after the break. So I have us at worst case, 10-7. Best case, 12-5. Injuries not withstanding.
If I remember correctly, you were the only one on dot net that predicted over 10 wins before the season started. I ceilinged wins at 9.

You da man.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
With what I’ve seen thus far this season, I have no reason not to think Seattle can win out the remaining games.

Cardinals - win
Tampa - win
Raiders - win
Rams - win
Panthers - win
49ers - win
Chiefs - win
Jets - win
Rams - win

This is the only correct answer to the remaining games!

Yes, I said it!

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Maybe I'm just being a homer, but these past three games Seattle is playing as well as any top 5 team in the league, possibly better. If we keep playing like this we are contenders.

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
I saw something that said based on win percentage we have one of the easier remaining schedules. I took that with a grain of salt. I hope I am wrong but I think Tampa and the Rams are better than their records so those games are tough.
You are CORRECT sir! (best Ed McMahon impression here).

cards - 3-5
tampa - 3-5 (and they are WORSE than their record IMO).
radiers - 2-5
rams - 3-4
panthers - 2-6 (better than their record - psycho in fact).
9ers - 4-4 (McCaffre = wildcard).
Chiefs - 5-2 (ugh)
Jets - 5-3 (worse than their record)
rams redux - 3-4

So, I'd say it's pretty soft. Nothing is a cakewalk - but soft.

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
I really don't want them to get swept by the Lambchops again, I'm optimistic that they have a chance this year to win at least one... Imagine Seattle sweeping THEM, oh man would that be sweet, haven't seen that since 2013, please Seattle, PLEASE!
I still say the lambs are a shell of themselves.

Happens when you blow your WAD for a rigged owl ;) Salary cap? Anyone? Bueller? Anyone? ;)

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
I still say the lambs are a shell of themselves.

Happens when you blow your WAD for a rigged owl ;) Salary cap? Anyone? Bueller? Anyone? ;)
That's why I think it's possible they can turn the tables and sweep them. Despite them not looking so scary anymore, it would still be awesome to sweep them, cause they gave us a hard time even before McVay came around.