Bronco's board Luck vs. Wilson debate

Anthony!

Reaction score
kpak76":1qmfpvzo said:
Jacknut16":1qmfpvzo said:
Wilson is better prepared and has a better supporting cast. Hence he is going to have an easier time of it for now anyway.
I think Luck has the higher upside, but if Wilson brings home another ring in the next 5 years I would take that in this championship starved city all day long.

I think that Wilson will be among the league best QBs as long as he has the quickness in his legs, which should be for the next 6-8 years.

Andrew Luck has a chance, if Indy does it right to be one of the greatest ever. There is a long way to go before you can have that conversation however.

LOL the hate with Wilson will never end with you will it? Even after we won the SB you say stuff like this LOL.

If a "Hawk fan" doesnt put him at elite then no one should.

Dude for Jack that is nice, compered to most of the crap he says on the other board, like the other board he is wrong here too.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Luck's first 2 years:
682/1197 57.0% 8,196 yards 46TD/27INTs (1.7 TDs per INT) 81.5 QB rating

Dalton's first 2 years:
629/1044 60.2% 7067 yards 47TD/29INTS (1.6 TDs per INT) 83.9 rating

A comparison between Andrew Luck and Andy Dalton is close enough so that this should never be in discussion again. But Luck was the #1 overall draft pick so he must be better. Of course, if he was the #1 overall draft pick, maybe his stats should be a bit better than Andy friggin' Dalton's.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":1yu1zij2 said:
Luck's first 2 years:

Dalton's first 2 years:

A comparison between Andrew Luck and Andy Dalton is close enough so that this should never be in discussion again. But Luck was the #1 overall draft pick so he must be better. Of course, if he was the #1 overall draft pick, maybe his stats should be a bit better than Andy friggin' Dalton's.

Well you see...CLEARLY the colts were a worse team so Luck had it worse. I mean Dalton got to go to a powerhouse team in cincy that was 4-12 the year before. Clearly the 2-14 colts were vastly inferior lmao

El Caliente

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":1n0qjwey said:
Luck's first 2 years:

Dalton's first 2 years:

If you really want to crap your pants, put Peyton Mannings stats (over his first two years) up next to those two. Take into account Manning had the same stats as Luck and Dalton with Marshall Faulk and Marvin Harrison.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
El Caliente":2q1jgptk said:
So how do you keep him, and that defense?
By being the best-drafting franchise in the league, and occasionally - but regularly - finding starters in other teams' trash. That's what our recent success has truly resulted from; it all comes back to the talent that John Schneider and Pete Carroll are able to find. We'll have to let some guys go next off-season that we don't want to, but I don't think it'll hurt us much.

Look at how the "legendary" Ted Thompson in Green Bay has drafted since we took his protege, John Schneider, away from them in 2010. I guess we know who really had the brains of that operation.

olyfan63

Reaction score
kpak76":2kpghjfv said:
Ramfan128":2kpghjfv said:
...if I was starting a franchise and could pick any QB in the NFL, Wilson would be below several QBs. It's all a matter of opinion.

I'd wager that Seahawk fans are pretty much the only people that would actually call him elite right now.
Also, as a Rams fan and playing Seattle twice a year, I am just flat out not afraid of Wilson. And before I get flamed let me say, I know Bradford was worse than Wilson, and that I go into the games knowing that our offense wont score and that we will probably lose............but I'm just not afraid of Wilson.

I guess it's just a gut feeling. He's had some good performances against us (300 yds and 2 TDs 2nd game his rookie year). But it's just not the same. I don't know how to explain it. When you don't have an elite defense (which the Rams haven't had in my generation, although hopefully we're getting close), you expect to lose when playing an elite QB. I never expect to lose to Seattle. I think we probably will - because of the defense. But it's completely different than if Green Bay was coming to town, because I know we wouldn't be able to stop them. All about match ups I guess.

First boled point. ... He is elite and if you don't think so its because your head is stuck under the sand.

About the second bolded point, I sure hope the Rams think like this also. It will be fun watching Wilsin abuse the shiet out of the Lambs because they thought Wilson won't win the Hawks games. For someone who has watched Wilson at least 4 times, you should be ashamed of your football acume.

Look at it from Ramfan point of view, and it makes sense.
With our crappy held-together-by-chewing-gum-and-baling-twine O-Line last year, Wilson was running for his life seemingly the whole game, both games, against the Rams last year. The Rams DL and LBs are very, very fast, especially Robert Quinn. Against most teams, Wilson would roll out and then run if nothing was on. Against the Rams, Wilson got caught from behind several times, particularly by Robert Quinn. The Rams simply have a ridiculously fast defense, and they got pressure on Wilson almost instantly in both games, and made him look mortal in the process. However, our defense made the Rams offense look as bad or worse, so we won both games.

An Arizona Cardinals fan could make a similar statement based on the final regular season game.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
"higher upside" Fanspeak for "in my fantasy imagination I am clinging to the idea that he's just better because I want him to be."

Jacknut16

Reaction score
kpak76":2qladg7k said:
Jacknut16":2qladg7k said:
Wilson is better prepared and has a better supporting cast. Hence he is going to have an easier time of it for now anyway.
I think Luck has the higher upside, but if Wilson brings home another ring in the next 5 years I would take that in this championship starved city all day long.

I think that Wilson will be among the league best QBs as long as he has the quickness in his legs, which should be for the next 6-8 years.

Andrew Luck has a chance, if Indy does it right to be one of the greatest ever. There is a long way to go before you can have that conversation however.

LOL the hate with Wilson will never end with you will it? Even after we won the SB you say stuff like this LOL.

If a "Hawk fan" doesnt put him at elite then no one should.

First off, there is no Hate, NONE.
I have his Jersey and he has HELPED bring to this city a superbowl championship.
You are taking what I said two years ago and still clingling to it like a small child. I said I was wrong when I thought he would be a backup QB in the league, and never did I show any HATE towards him, not in the least.

Wilson benefits from the leagues best defense and from Marshawn Lynch. Those are facts my friend.
We will know if Wilson is more Tom Brady or Troy Aikman when we have a decline in the defense in the next several years ( I hope it never comes, but odds are it will).

Before you go bringing up words like "Hate" again, there is nothing wrong with having Aikmans Career.

Another thing: the scheme here in Seattle, the plan , the front office, the defense, the running game is far and away better than what Luck gets to deal with. So this whole comparison means basically ZERO.

Luck is always going to have a tough time with the way they just throw him back there and say here you go kid, move us down the field. Wilson has had to deal with that aspect of the game much much less than Luck.

This doesn't mean that Luck is better, its just an apples to oranges comparison right now.

One thing is for sure however, I think Russell Wilson is possibly (probably) the best prepared player I have ever seen in my 35 years of watching football, and that accounts for something as well.