Broncos very near deal for Colin Kaepernick

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
I don't think that he'll turn it around until he loses his starting job. Just too thick-headed and arrogant.

But I think that when he DOES get his head screwed on straight, he could be a pretty damn good player. I think his chances are much more likely than RGIII or Manziel anyway.

rlkats

Reaction score
Hello all. So the season is near. Thank God no niners going to jail yet lol. Anyways a couple of things.

1. How many flip flop opinions can we post here? One minute Kap is pure Garbage now some are stating he would do ok in Denver. Kap still has the same issues. 500mph fast ball to a receiver or rb 5 yards away.

2. Still unable to read a defense. Period. No need to explain just watch Seattle and Arizona bait him into dumb ass throws.

3. He is a running qb and is unable to advance his thinking and ability to go to read number 2. Good qb throw the receiver open. He waits until he sees it.

4 The league has figured out how to stop his gazelle like running. He is fast but not elusive. If he has a hole he will kill you but as of the last 2 years there are no holes. Teams are keeping a guy on him. If he was accurate and could read a D the running would be a threat.

I don't think the kid has it. I watched a TON of his games. While he makes the throws that make you say don that was sweet. They are to few to often. Besides the game against Seattle that pass to Boldin. When was the last time he made a throw like that. Bottom line. Time to part ways. It's better for both parties. Kap with the niners is a distraction. And the Niners with Kap is a headache for Kap. The front office did him no favors. But his bs did them none also. So this is best. Just get it done. So we can watch a train wreck continue to happen. Later all.

rideaducati

Reaction score
OkieHawk":3vv84odi said:
MizzouHawkGal":3vv84odi said:
OkieHawk":3vv84odi said:
Tical21":3vv84odi said:
I don't expect him to beat out Sanchez.

Go home, you're drunk.
Well you might not be but you are being ridiculous.

Because I don't think Sanchez could beat out Krapernick? You're high if you think otherwise.

Sanchez is hot garbage, like Foles and Keenum.

Kaepernick is worse than hot garbage.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
rideaducati":9kpt8x3m said:

Yes he is. I would be lying though if I said that I didn't miss the epic battles he "led" between our two clubs

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
pehawk":2efsbv7p said:
It makes sense to have a running threat with a great defense. I have to think that's the logic. Bootlegs and stretch with a running option for Kaep. Keep the clock ticking. If that wasn't the logic, Glennon would make alot more sense in a traditional Kubiak offense.
Yeah Glennon makes way more sense to me. Good post.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
49ers are going to be stuck with him even though they don't want Kaep and Kaep doesn't want them. This is glorious.

chris98251

Reaction score
Kaep showed up today so now he is on track to collect his bonus and the 49ers on the hook for salary, so the game of chicken has begun, if Kaep is still injured and can't throw or do anything he is collecting a paycheck watching everyone work, wonder how his presence at the facility makes everyone feel, basically he is an expensive decoration and distraction now.

rlkats

Reaction score
chris98251":3699cdyv said:
Kaep showed up today so now he is on track to collect his bonus and the 49ers on the hook for salary, so the game of chicken has begun, if Kaep is still injured and can't throw or do anything he is collecting a paycheck watching everyone work, wonder how his presence at the facility makes everyone feel, basically he is an expensive decoration and distraction now.

Agreed. They need to take the hit and cut him. Better for the team. He lost the team last season and there is a chance he will not be able to regain their trust. Oh well. The circus continues.

rideaducati

Reaction score
OkieHawk":amjzc0rn said:
rideaducati":amjzc0rn said:
OkieHawk":amjzc0rn said:

So you also think he couldn't beat out Sanchez...SANCHEZ!

BLL33

I believe Sanchez would win that competition. When Sanchez had a good team around him and good coaching, he was damn good. Kaepernick was, at best, average with a good team around him. Kaepernick's success was related to his running ability and teams now know how to contain him. When asked to be a QUARTERBACK, Kaepernick is unable fill the role.

Inaccuracy, poor footwork, zero touch, very long throwing motion, staring at his first read, VERY rarely making it to his second read, and obvious tells as to where he is going with the ball after 5 years in the league tells me that Kaepernick is uncoachable and will never get it. He didn't think he needed to work on any of these things for the first few years because his TEAM was having success. Once his team NEEDED him to be a QB, he finally realized that he DID need to work on these things, so his work ethic comes into question too. Then, he is arrogant enough to actually believe he can fix ALL of his issues in ONE six week period of ONE off-season.

Basically, Kaepernick is an arrogant, uncoachable, 29 year old rookie with a poor work ethic and a LOT of mechanical issues. Good luck with that.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Kaepernick throwing a screen pass...

[youtube]YOmPPmr1PVA[/youtube]

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
There's really no reason for Kaep to accept a pay cut. Because he'd be traded, his signing bonus wouldn't apply to Denver, therefore his cap hits in each of the next three seasons for Denver would be less than $17.5m in each season. After that it rises a bit to $19.2 and $21.4m, but by the year 2020 a $21.4m salary will likely be Alex Smith money.

I don't think money is a hangup, I think it's more a case ofJohn Elway trying to squeeze every last cent he can out of a deal. If Kaep refuses to cave his contract would still be pretty favorable to Denver if they acquired him. Elway is a tough negotiator but he is not an idiot, he'll take Kaep at full price if he has to (and it would probably still be less money than what Fitzmagic will get).

chris98251

Reaction score
kearly":2thsymda said:
There's really no reason for Kaep to accept a pay cut. Because he'd be traded, his signing bonus wouldn't apply to Denver, therefore his cap hits in each of the next three seasons for Denver would be less than $17.5m in each season. After that it rises a bit to $19.2 and $21.4m, but by the year 2020 a $21.4m salary will likely be Alex Smith money.

I don't think money is a hangup, I think it's more a case ofJohn Elway trying to squeeze every last cent he can out of a deal. If Kaep refuses to cave his contract would still be pretty favorable to Denver if they acquired him. Elway is a tough negotiator but he is not an idiot, he'll take Kaep at full price if he has to (and it would probably still be less money than what Fitzmagic will get).

True, IF Elway is sure that Kaep would be the starter, I don't think he is all that sure.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
OkieHawk":2z3pwt24 said:
MizzouHawkGal":2z3pwt24 said:
OkieHawk":2z3pwt24 said:
Tical21":2z3pwt24 said:
I don't expect him to beat out Sanchez.

Go home, you're drunk.
Well you might not be but you are being ridiculous.

Because I don't think Sanchez could beat out Krapernick? You're high if you think otherwise.

Tical21 said so not you. We're in total agreement so just relax you will live longer. :)

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
chris98251":219dd3ej said:
kearly":219dd3ej said:

True, IF Elway is sure that Kaep would be the starter, I don't think he is all that sure.
Man, I'd say that be a terrible position to be in regardless of it actually having possible validity. If you're the Broncos that is.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
chris98251":3kv1ua2c said:
As you see, Justice may be blind, our quarterback too short (like the rapper that did just fine) but the law isn't. What goes around comes around sometimes hilariously for the peanut gallery.