Browner Benched in the first half.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
If any of you thought Browner could match up on Wright you are insane.

Lanakila

Reaction score
Seahawkx":3kx5swbp said:
UGotHawked":3kx5swbp said:
Schadie001":3kx5swbp said:
I disagree....Thurmond was getting abused in the slot today giving up many 9 and 10 yard gains. Maxwell didn't do much better in the first half either.

Agree on this. I have been underwhelmed by Thurmond in the past 3 games. Perhaps he is better on the outside - we'll see. I am little confused by Browner's tech. He used to abuse guys off the line which gave him the advantage, but now I see him allowing free releases to guys and paying for it. Take away his ability to get physical makes him pretty ordinary.

Exactly!! There is hardly any jamming at the LOS anymore.. Dan Quin needs to understand that our strength was to jam reciever not try to blanked cover them.
This was my impression of the early part of the game today as well. They picked on him often and early today.

kigenzun

Reaction score
UGotHawked":29g6r5b5 said:
kigenzun":29g6r5b5 said:
I thought switching up to Maxwell was a good adjustment, as the Titans obvious strategy was to try and beat Browner over the top (aka Colts).
I think Browner needs to line up 1on1 with the opposing TE; his build, length, and doggedness could shut down that TE outlet action that we have been previously suceptible to.

I was having this discussion with someone as well. I wondered if we may see BB lined up with a TE. It sounds like Talib did a number on Jimmy Graham today before getting injured. Hmmmm.

Exactly.
Belicheck put his biggest corner Aqib Talib on Jimmy Graham today and, lo and behold, zero catches for zero yards.
Browner would be excellent at this idea: covering athletic TE's better than a linebacker.

drdiags

Reaction score
When Pete was asked about BB being pulled in the first half, I thought he said they were concerned about his hamstring giving him problems and the Titans coming after him? Maybe he was covering for having to pull him due to performance or something but that is what I understand for pulling him.

Maybe someone interviewed BB to get his thoughts on what happened? Not saying his play was stellar but I would like to know more about the thinking behind sitting him. Our new DC and DL coaches seem to still be in a feeling out mode. I think Clemons is going to slug the DL coach Jones.

seahawks08

Reaction score
He is recovering from Injury. Give him a break. The physicality he brings to the game cannot be matched by WThurmond or anyone else. Hope he recovers completely and be his self. Officials are calling lot more penalties on the seahawks based on our physical nature of the game. Maybe they are asking BB to play something that is unnatural to him and is struggling. I really like this guy and I think he has a better chance of getting an extension than Sherman + ET combined.

OP
OP
Tech Worlds

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
seahawks08":3m81rywg said:
He is recovering from Injury. Give him a break. The physicality he brings to the game cannot be matched by WThurmond or anyone else. Hope he recovers completely and be his self. Officials are calling lot more penalties on the seahawks based on our physical nature of the game. Maybe they are asking BB to play something that is unnatural to him and is struggling. I really like this guy and I think he has a better chance of getting an extension than Sherman + ET combined.

Put the crack pipe down.

Seahawkx

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2tr8ep24 said:
Double moves hate Browner.

Again, the reciever won't have time to make a double move if he is jammed for a second or so at the line.

themunn

Reaction score
Browner was so bad in the first half the Titans almost scored TWO field goals

Scottemojo

Reaction score
seahawks08":1useptt0 said:
His age and the Hawk preference of young guys says different.

hawk45

Reaction score
Seahawkx":2npvgf1n said:
MontanaHawk05":2npvgf1n said:

Again, the reciever won't have time to make a double move if he is jammed for a second or so at the line.

Can't play press coverage all the time, sometimes not even a majority of the time.

Seahawkx

Reaction score
hawk45":fpjl033y said:
Seahawkx":fpjl033y said:
MontanaHawk05":fpjl033y said:

Can't play press coverage all the time, sometimes not even a majority of the time.

I believe they were playing press majority of the time last year except in Zone coverages in which we gave up 80% of passing yards against us.

OP
OP
Tech Worlds

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Seahawkx":22s9yntn said:
hawk45":22s9yntn said:
Seahawkx":22s9yntn said:
MontanaHawk05":22s9yntn said:

I believe they were playing press majority of the time last year except in Zone coverages in which we gave up 80% of passing yards against us.

Can you back this up with facts or is this just something you "believe"?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seahawkx":c6ugkoj9 said:
MontanaHawk05":c6ugkoj9 said:

You're allowed to jam, which our DB's do a great job of. But you have to let go after five yards. So when our D-line gets a good rush, then Browner's fine. But he's too big to stick with quick receivers for very long.

Also give credit to the other team's we're playing. They're doing a good job of trying to pick on Browner with their speediest receivers matchup wise. Which is what Pete saw, and why he gave Browner a rest. I wouldn't make a big deal about it.

Seahawkx

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":31abbhnt said:
Seahawkx":31abbhnt said:

No I can't, but that wasn't my point. I am saying our strength is press coverage n jamming the receivers. We did it a lot before and very less now. BB couldn't make it into the nfl because he couldn't cover until Pete used him to physically beat up receivers and that's where he succeeded. I don't think I need to give you official stats of this because if you have been watching the Seahawks games last 2-3 years, you should know what i am speaking about.

hawk45

Reaction score
Seahawkx":22n9cvfk said:
Tech Worlds":22n9cvfk said:
Seahawkx":22n9cvfk said:

No I can't, but that wasn't my point. I am saying our strength is press coverage n jamming the receivers. We did it a lot before and very less now. BB couldn't make it into the nfl because he couldn't cover until Pete used him to physically beat up receivers and that's where he succeeded. I don't think I need to give you official stats of this because if you have been watching the Seahawks games last 2-3 years, you should know what i am speaking about.

The point is we cannot play press coverage all the time, and when we are not playing press coverage Browner is vulnerable to double-moves or to quick receivers for that matter. It is understood that Browner's strength is press coverage, but wishing we could play it all the time does not mean that we can play it all the time. The coaches don't just play zone every once in a while to give the other teams a fighting chance.

I like Browner and I want us to continue to find ways to use his strength but geez, the original comment "double-moves hate Browner" was pretty bulletproof. It obviously implies situations where we're not playing press, because you can't put a double-move on a guy if you've been thrown to the ground.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seahawkx":h082ivo3 said:
Tech Worlds":h082ivo3 said:
Seahawkx":h082ivo3 said:

Your point is incorrect though. We play more press coverage than any team in the entire league. The problem this year (and other than the Colts game it hasn't really been a problem IMO) is we haven't been getting enough D-Line pressure on a regular basis, which has allowed the other team's QB to get to his 2nd or 3rd option. THIS is why Browner's been struggling, because he's not good when he has to follow quick receivers out into coverage where they have time to put on double moves.

Bakergirl

Reaction score
The only comment I wish to make here is this: Be careful what you wish for, you may not like the results people.

C-Dub

Reaction score
themunn":3qhx1f2r said:
Browner was so bad in the first half the Titans almost scored TWO field goals
He played as bad as he did against the Colts. The only difference is that the Titans have a bearded midget noodle arm playing QB and the Colts have the younger uglier stud version of Manning (the good Manning).

We were lucky to have the lead with Browner in there.

Latest posts