Browner given pay raise.. Not an extension

Fanatics

Reaction score
I do not understand this pay raise at all, unless the team expects Browner to be gone next season. The team had him in the perfect position to make both sides happy as Browner has not received a big pay day yet and he would love to have one, which the team could of done over a few years to solidify the position. Maybe the age (28), maybe the team believes they have an upgrade on the team already, who knows but a pay raise without a benefit to the team just doesn't feel right.

As for his speed, as some have been talking about here, he is a big guy and the bigger you are it seems you take longer to get up to full speed. I believe the quickness/Change of Direction speed is the question with Browner, not the full speed.

Sac

Reaction score
Fanatics":1vgoj455 said:
I do not understand this pay raise at all, unless the team expects Browner to be gone next season. The team had him in the perfect position to make both sides happy as Browner has not received a big pay day yet and he would love to have one, which the team could of done over a few years to solidify the position. Maybe the age (28), maybe the team believes they have an upgrade on the team already, who knows but a pay raise without a benefit to the team just doesn't feel right.

As for his speed, as some have been talking about here, he is a big guy and the bigger you are it seems you take longer to get up to full speed. I believe the quickness/Change of Direction speed is the question with Browner, not the full speed.

*Could have done, or could've. Because iRo, that's why.

Fanatics

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":giusp6gm said:
Are you kidding...you replied just to correct the grammar of a post? Get a life.

Sac

Reaction score
Fanatics":d0a5se23 said:
SacHawk2.0":d0a5se23 said:
Are you kidding...you replied just to correct the grammar of a post? Get a life.

Actually, yes. I was kidding. I made it pretty clear that I was making a joke at another posters (not yours) expense.

hawkeyerob

Reaction score
Pure speculation, but given it is rare for any team to just hand out a pay raise to a player with no extension, this seems like a thank you from Seattle's brass for Browner dropping his appeal last year. Had both he and Sherman fully appealed, Seattle stood a real chance of losing both their starting corners for the playoffs. When Browner suddenly dropped his appeal, I wondered if he had been asked to drop it from a strategy standpoint to space out what I assumed at the time was a sure suspension for Sherman as well. He gave up a quarter of his salary and watched Sherman win his appeal. Now he's more than made up what he lost last year. I agree he's outplayed his current contract and deserves everything he earned, but just wanted to throw another idea out there for why this may have happened.

mikeak

Reaction score
Tying it to the PED thing is interesting. One issue is he didn't have a case for appeal. The issues with Sherman's test were on record so it isn't like browner could just have claimed the same thing....

Now I could believe it was partially to compensate for list income, partially to create goodwi in the team as a whole and partially as simple as doing what the organization felt was right....

mikeak

Reaction score
Correction everyone. Significantly less money than previously discussed. Probably very close to lost money from suspension. Could be interesting if NFL looks into it

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/651 ... on-browner

Seahawks RCB Brandon Browner's restructured contract gave him a $218,756 raise.
He'll receive $773,756 in 2013. Browner is still severely underpaid considering he's one of the NFL's top press corners, but this was a good-faith gesture by the Seahawks. He'll be a restricted free agent in 2014. Browner received a $125,000 signing bonus and $94,000 roster bonus. He was previously owed only $555,000. The Seahawks are probably lucky Browner isn't staging a holdout. Jul 26 - 7:34 PM

Fudwamper

Reaction score
can we get a gif of the cardinals game with browner laying all three guys out?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
hawkeyerob":1bnyl4gi said:
Pure speculation, but given it is rare for any team to just hand out a pay raise to a player with no extension, this seems like a thank you from Seattle's brass for Browner dropping his appeal last year. Had both he and Sherman fully appealed, Seattle stood a real chance of losing both their starting corners for the playoffs. When Browner suddenly dropped his appeal, I wondered if he had been asked to drop it from a strategy standpoint to space out what I assumed at the time was a sure suspension for Sherman as well. He gave up a quarter of his salary and watched Sherman win his appeal. Now he's more than made up what he lost last year. I agree he's outplayed his current contract and deserves everything he earned, but just wanted to throw another idea out there for why this may have happened.
Let me guess you're a Ninner fan? Not saying you are but this unwarranted pessimism that going on is wearing my patience thin and stances like this are not helpful. My hat of stupidity only has so much room, seriously.

Cartire

Reaction score
To be completely honest. This sounds like Browner might have been in some trouble money wise. He was already making almost league minimum. Lost a ton last year because of the suspension. This could be the team helping him get through this next year till he's a FA. Wouldnt shock me if BB went up to the brass. Told them he was having financial issues, and they helped him out. Its small enough to warrant suspicion in this case.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Fudwamper":mw5d1fr9 said:
can we get a gif of the cardinals game with browner laying all three guys out?

1zlzq7r_jpg_medium.gif

Cartire

Reaction score
the best part about that gif is that it was a fair catch anyway, but 3 cardinals players were in a daze.

Fanatics

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":23qxjsbg said:
Actually, yes. I was kidding. I made it pretty clear that I was making a joke at another posters (not yours) expense.
:229031_cheers: I did not catch that.

Latest posts