Browner suspended a year for non-PED drug abuse per ESPN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
Brandon Browner and Walter Thurmond get suspended for weed.

Aldon Smith gets a DUI with weed and pills in his car, crashes his car, and shoots guns off in public, and is playing.

Sure the Niners made Smith pretend to go to rehab for a few weeks to soften the blowback from the league. Still though. Rather amusing to juxtapose the two.

rsm650

Reaction score
Yeah, I think Pete should assign a Seahawks official to each active player and make those officials follow the players around 24/7 making sure they don't smoke weed or drink alcohol while driving. It's all Pete's fault.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
It's times like these that I am SOOOOOOOOOOO thankful that we have a goody-two-shoes bible thumper as our franchise qb. :pray:

KK84

Reaction score
SeaTown81":1z795g8g said:
It's times like these that I am SOOOOOOOOOOO thankful that we have a goody-two-shoes bible thumper as our franchise qb. :pray:

In before Dangeruss gets suspended for a combination of horse steroids, cocaine, and rabies.

BillHawks

Reaction score
KK84":2lf6pyl1 said:
SeaTown81":2lf6pyl1 said:

In before Dangeruss gets suspended for a combination of horse steroids, cocaine, and rabies.

I don't think anyone would even be mad.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
KARAVARUS":1nv17wfx said:
How big of a distraction is this for the rest of the team do you suppose?

With how much other players, Doug and Sherm to be exact, have gone to twitter to discuss these events I really believe that this could/is already affecting them negatively.

Reaction score
MANUNITED23":2x1vz426 said:
After the season is over, regardless of superbowl win or not Paul Allen needs to seriously consider Pete's future as Seahawks head coach . These kind of things been happening for way too long and way too often under his leadership.

And the hate starts now....

You need to go to drug rehab( with Browner and Thurman) if you think Pete should go , serious have you been under deep cover; like hiding under a big pile of dumbass!

SeaTown81

Reaction score
Blitzer88":322a2pob said:
KARAVARUS":322a2pob said:
How big of a distraction is this for the rest of the team do you suppose?

With how much other players, Doug and Sherm to be exact, have gone to twitter to discuss these events I really believe that this could/is already affecting them negatively.

Or it could serve as the impetus towards the "US AGAINST THE WORLD!" rallying crazy that pro athletes everywhere go out of their way to use as motivation. Who knows really.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
chris98251":w0kx0tdp said:
MANUNITED23":w0kx0tdp said:
After the season is over, regardless of superbowl win or not Paul Allen needs to seriously consider Pete's future as Seahawks head coach . These kind of things been happening for way too long and way too often under his leadership.

And the hate starts now....

What more can he do, he had a meeting last season and this season about this stuff, he instituted a program for the players to have a mediator and person to talk to if players had issues, he has his leaders addressing the team about this stuff.

If you want to bail then bail on the team, were looking for a Superbowl, Pete and John have done nothing short of miracles here.

Look at the Cowboys and tell me that Irvin and others that had issues or the Raiders and that team in the 70's and 80's did not have thier problems. They weathered them and moved on. The Patriots have a history of bringing in guys with issues and molding them into a winner. Pete has showed us that he has little tolerance for not buying in, I have to beleive these situations are going to be part of it. He also understands the culture and background these players come from, not our suburbia mentality of everyone is a Thug from intercitys that seems to dominate things.
Michael Irvin was and is a crackhead. He is lucky the testing wasn't around or was inept back in the day. He would have been out on his ass before most of the lombardi's under today's testing/policies.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
So the last image we will have of Brandon Browner playing in the NFL is him limping off the field and holding his crotch.

Schadie001

Reaction score
BGHawk":2zofjz9h said:
somebody is lying

No he didn't get popped for 'peds' he didn't violate the pedis policy he violated the substance abuse policy...so he popped positive for drug use, not performance enhancing drug use. So technically BB isn't lying nor are the reports. Word play...he said he didn't take peds didn't say he didn't take drugs.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
have fun in winnipeg in the cfl. a real pos move and great way to end your career. where are these guys heads at besides up their ass. how does this not comeback to haunt this team? legion of boom is done....

Decimation

Reaction score
Schadie001":7ttzhwjw said:
Seeker":7ttzhwjw said:
its legal.

Ya...but as an employer I'd fire you for smoking your "legal" pot. The NFL is no different.
Because pot is SO bad.

Browner and Thurmond should have knew what they were getting into though. Shame on them! They should both be embarassed for screwing us over like this.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Cyrus12":2c64lzz7 said:
have fun in winnipeg in the cfl. a real pos move and great way to end your career. where are these guys heads at besides up their ass. how does this not comeback to haunt this team? legion of boom is done....

BB was the weakest part of the LOB hands down, no way they are done. Next man up.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
Lob is done? Come on, man! That's just insane. They lost the weakest link. Next man up who will leave no doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts