Bubble Screen

Aw Mang

Reaction score
Didn’t get a chance to see the whole game today, just jumped in and out but I think I saw one failed bubble screen play. When was the last time seattle gained more than 5 yard on the bubble screen? Seems like the opponent defenses shut it down quite often.

sutz

Reaction score
It has worked a couple of times in the last few years. 8)

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I saw a screen to the running back get blown up when our right tackle ran his man right into our back.

renofox

Reaction score
brimsalabim":d5jrmcwx said:
I saw a screen to the running back get blown up when our right tackle ran his man right into our back.

Ifedi was on his man. Pocic and/or Britt did not pick up the block on Lee.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Britt was bad today. Ifedi was terrible too. Shocker. I'll take the win though

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Leee-roy

Reaction score
austinslater25":30uhpyb5 said:
Britt was bad today. Ifedi was terrible too. Shocker. I'll take the win though

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
..because Cable is lousy at teaching and inspiring players.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Bubble Screens... They worked great for the University of Oregon with Chip Kelly. They fail miserably at the Pro level. Pro Corners are too smart and too fast to consistently be effective with the bubble screen. Now if Bevell would design a RW run the opposite way after a fake bubble screen, it might gain yardage and freeze the CBs.

getnasty

Reaction score
Funny thing to me about a bubble screen is it's just and extension of the run game with
a better chance of hitting a homerun(on most teams anyway) I bet if you averaged every bubble screen over the last 5 years we'd have a better average then you think. We suck at them but I see It no different then a run of tackle that gains 3 yards.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
getnasty":d8a05maa said:
Funny thing to me about a bubble screen is it's just and extension of the run game with
a better chance of hitting a homerun(on most teams anyway) I bet if you averaged every bubble screen over the last 5 years we'd have a better average then you think. We suck at them but I see It no different then a run of tackle that gains 3 yards.

Was a far more effective play with Lynch and the read option at full swing and Golden Tate catching the ball

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2zxybe4j said:
getnasty":2zxybe4j said:

Was a far more effective play with Lynch and the read option at full swing and Golden Tate catching the ball

I've often wondered we Seattle doesn't try to pick up D'anthony Thomas if they're going to bet on the Bubble Screens. It's literally what he made a college career doing. And that man can RUN.

getnasty

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":ezrawytp said:
Uncle Si":ezrawytp said:
getnasty":ezrawytp said:

I've often wondered we Seattle doesn't try to pick up D'anthony Thomas if they're going to bet on the Bubble Screens. It's literally what he made a college career doing. And that man can RUN.

That's Tyler Lockett. Biggest problem is who is blocking out there.

Seymour

Reaction score
Aw Mang":3ginmrn2 said:
Didn’t get a chance to see the whole game today, just jumped in and out but I think I saw one failed bubble screen play. When was the last time seattle gained more than 5 yard on the bubble screen? Seems like the opponent defenses shut it down quite often.

We need to run those every week so we can see the defenses response. Then we leave them out in the 2nd half so we can gain a first down or 2. :2thumbs:

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":35ibpbaj said:
Uncle Si":35ibpbaj said:
getnasty":35ibpbaj said:

We had Percy Harvin and couldn't make them work either.

Latest posts