Burelson "Bold" Seahawks Prediction

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Pandion Haliaetus":3c1xg7mq said:
Even with all the youth, injuries, turmoil, and some complacency... Seahawks went 10-5-1 in 2016. Sure they could have lost some games they won but they were also in every game save for @GB. 12-13 wins was possible last year even with all the issues.

Exactly. We were a few bounces and bad plays from a few more wins last year, in spite of the turmoil. To think we could bounce back from what many consider to be a "bad" year isn't a stretch. And if you "bounce back from a bad year" after winning ten games, where does that put you?

With how we've reloaded, and as long as we stay healthy--hell, at least healthier than last year, a dozen wins are not out of the question by any stretch of the imagination. Nate's not off base here.

nash72

Reaction score
Aros":2rxcl1bw said:
nash72":2rxcl1bw said:
10 - 6 if Russ stays healthy.

Yet we won 10 games with him NOT healthy last year.

Give me a healthy Russell this season and that should give us an improved record this season. 11 or 12 wins.

Yet we won 10 games in 2015 when Russ was healthy so whats your point? Our Oline is too bad for more than 10 or 11 wins.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I'll say 12 because even with the historical bad line last year a healthy Wilson probably nets us another win last year. I'm confident the line will be better. Probably not good but definitely improved plus the schedule sets up better this year.

StoneCold

Reaction score
I'll revise mine up to 12 just because we got rid of that dead legged Hauschka and his jam collection.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
StoneCold":293scz79 said:
I'll revise mine up to 12 just because we got rid of that dead legged Hauschka and his jam collection.

But we kept the Long Snapper and replaced him with Walsh so IMO that's just a wash.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
austinslater25":29g3ji08 said:
I'll say 12 because even with the historical bad line last year a healthy Wilson probably nets us another win last year. I'm confident the line will be better. Probably not good but definitely improved plus the schedule sets up better this year.

I do believe a 16 game healthy Wilson would improve the chances of winning and last year we would have won more if he had been closer to 100%, but at this time of the year, I always assume we are going to lose 2 games we shouldn't do to injuries or some other issues that are out of anyone's control.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I'll admit I'm always way too optimistic injury wise when making my predictions and I'm almost always proven wrong in that regard.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
austinslater25":xrn1lzcu said:
I'll admit I'm always way too optimistic injury wise when making my predictions and I'm almost always proven wrong in that regard.

I'm hoping to be proven wrong myself. I still think 10 - 12 is very realistic and that we'd need a little luck for 13 or better and some very bad luck to hit 9 or less this season.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Right now I see the Hawks as a play-off team that is more than likely winning the division again. If the O-line can manage to be at least mediocre then we have a decent shot at the SB. 11-5 as the 3rd or 4th seed sounds good to me. Anything less would be a let down and anything better than that would be great.

original poster

Reaction score
I'm struggling to see us not win our division, getting the 1st or 2ns seed and a ticket to the Super Bowl. We've added serious depth to an already league leading squad, as ever an element of luck, injuries and calls comes in to play but I'm calling 13-3 and still playing in February. Graham as SB MVP.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
original poster":rwar7bx8 said:
I'm struggling to see us not win our division, getting the 1st or 2ns seed and a ticket to the Super Bowl. We've added serious depth to an already league leading squad, as ever an element of luck, injuries and calls comes in to play but I'm calling 13-3 and still playing in February. Graham as SB MVP.
I could definitely get behind this :irishdrinkers:

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Based on not seeing a single scrimmage....I'd say that if after playing the Rams on Oct. 8th we are 4-1, then we are in good shape.....maybe 12-4. However, if we are 3-2, then more likely 10-6 since we tend to play better in Nov. - Dec.
If we start 2-3, then we are in a fight for our lives to make the Playoffs.

xgeoff

Reaction score
I really don't know how this team will do this year, but I took a look at the 2016 schedule and I firmly believe that if the Offensive Line had been capable of providing even average protection for Russ, the Seahawks would have gone 15-1. The only game they weren't really in was the Packers game at the end of the season. Other than that, they could have, and should have, won every other game:

L 3-9 Rams -- The Rams were a joke last year, and all it would have taken was some modest blocking success to pull this game out.

T 6-6 Cardinals -- The line actually blocked a little in OT and the result was an easy game-winning FG that Hausch$ biffed. If there had been any blocking throughout regulation, this would have been a blowout win.

L 20-25 Saints -- Just looking at the score, one might think that the offense did OK here, and that it was the defense that lost this game. Not true. Even though they took a 14-13 halftime lead into the locker room, the offense was abysmal against a Saints Defense that was pretty terrible. The Seahawks needed a trick play to set up their second score, but were totally and completely outgained by the Saints. Throughout the game the Seahawks D forced 4 FG's. Even with all this, the Seahawks had a chance to win it at the end, with Kearse catching a TD pass on the final play but coming down out of bounds.

L 5-14 Bucs -- This game was a mirror image to the Rams game at the beginning of the year, only the Bucs have a better Offense. Offensive Line got totally and completely dominated by a Bucs Defense that had given up 36 pts to the Bears a couple of weeks prior. Even halfway decent blocking would have completely changed the complexion of this game as the Seahawks were 1/11 on 3rd down. Brutal to watch.

L 10-38 Packers -- I don't think much would have changed this game, except maybe having Earl Thomas available. Aaron Rodgers was at his best, the Pack was on a roll.

It is amazing, however, to think how close we were to 15-1 last year. Just a little blocking here and there. One made FG from point blank range.

This is what gives me hope for this year, but it's also what gives me cause for concern. Our big need was OL. Yes, we took two Offensive Linemen in the draft and signed some promising free agents. If those guys work out, or if some of the guys we have (Fant, Glowinski, Ifedi) develop and get better, we have every reason to be optimistic.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":efmwj8fh said:
I'd take the over... 12 wins ... with confidence.

In this same boat. Just feels like this team is ready to reap the benefits of guys coming into their 2nd/3rd years. I actually liked the additions of Aboushi and Joeckel. And am really intrigued by the Pocic selection. He's really an OL prospect the likes of which Seattle hasn't opted for. A player who is not an amazing/raw athlete, but instead a smart, skilled technician intimately versed in the concepts of the zone blocking scheme in college. Very interested to see if he breaks the Seattle mold in terms of what we look for in future OL candidates.

Schedule seems quite favorable this year. And I have higher hopes heading into this offseason than last year. It's unlikely we have a similar or even worse injury outlook this season.