Business Week - 49ers' new stadium is a dud

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
It is the default response for Marvin.

When NegaNiner talk occurs, Marvin's feelings are hurt, he doesn't want you to agree with him, he just wants to be understood.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Laloosh":386408xn said:
Marvin49":386408xn said:
Wait.....

Hold up....

uh.....YA KNOW WHAT!?! I'M PISSED!!! THE STADIUM IS HORRIBLE!!!!! Whatever you guys do, don't buy any tickets and stay home when the 'hawks come here.

Total waste of money. Food horrible and overpriced. Yup...not worth the trip.

;)

As long as it doesn't smell like urine, it's probably a far better road game experience from what I hear.

It smells like urine. Stay away. :D

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Marvin49":2zzrffr6 said:
Sarlacc83":2zzrffr6 said:
Marvin49":2zzrffr6 said:
Sarlacc83":2zzrffr6 said:
I think the point of the article us that 1.3 billion should buy more than just another stadium 2 particularly given the audacious claims. Probably a really nice park that could've cost less.

Should at least inspire feelings other than "meh" right?

Lol. It's NOT "meh".

That's one guys account.

There is documented evidence that if you believe you will love something, you will. It's the mind's way of covering disappointment.

You are so right. I don't know what I was thinking. Stay home. Worst Stadium in the NFL.

Straw man. You haven't actually given a real opinion of the stadium; it would have been easy to display your awe through description. If you really liked it, that would've been your first recourse.

Marvin49

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":1e639cwn said:

When NegaNiner talk occurs, Marvin's feelings are hurt, he doesn't want you to agree with him, he just wants to be understood.

Yup...I want you to understand me when I say the stadium is a pit. Avoid it at all costs.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":2bloq4p4 said:
Marvin49":2bloq4p4 said:
Sarlacc83":2bloq4p4 said:
Marvin49":2bloq4p4 said:
Lol. It's NOT "meh".

That's one guys account.

There is documented evidence that if you believe you will love something, you will. It's the mind's way of covering disappointment.

You are so right. I don't know what I was thinking. Stay home. Worst Stadium in the NFL.

Straw man. You haven't actually given a real opinion of the stadium; it would have been easy to display your awe through description. If you really liked it, that would've been your first recourse.

I know. I'm so disappointed. You nailed it. I'm masking my disappointment by saying I hate the place.

You sir are smart one. Can't get anything past you.

(BTW, if you want my real opinion of the place I'd be more than happy to give it to you, but something tells me you aren't really all that interested).

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Marvin49":2dvyupyo said:
loafoftatupu":2dvyupyo said:

Yup...I want you to understand me when I say the stadium is a pit. Avoid it at all costs.
Did I say it was a pit? Did I even say ANYTHING bad about it?

Classic Marvanism.

I was pointing out the power that the words "I hear you Marvin and I understand" carry.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Marvin49":29ufsf9q said:
Sarlacc83":29ufsf9q said:
Marvin49":29ufsf9q said:
Sarlacc83":29ufsf9q said:

I know. I'm so disappointed. You nailed it. I'm masking my disappointment by saying I hate the place.

It must embarrass you to have been so easily caught lying if this is how you're going to react. You could have at least tried to convey where the 1.3 billion went. (Hint: contractor's pockets. ) But you couldn't even offer a token defense. Either you haven't been there or you've gotten your impression spoon fed to you.

Sad.

Marvin49

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":17roa5jg said:
Marvin49":17roa5jg said:
loafoftatupu":17roa5jg said:

Classic Marvanism.

I was pointing out the power that the words "I hear you Marvin and I understand" carry.

I think you misunderstand me.

No, you never said its a pit. I'm telling you a pit so that Seattle fans will never want to come and see it. :)

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":3n0wdevl said:
Marvin49":3n0wdevl said:
Sarlacc83":3n0wdevl said:
Marvin49":3n0wdevl said:

It must embarrass you to have been so easily caught lying if this is how you're going to react. You could have at least tried to convey where the 1.3 billion went. But you couldn't even offer a token defense. Either you haven't been there or you've gotten your impression spoon fed to you.

Sad.

LOL....

uh.....what exactly am I lying about? I don't have the first clue what you're talking about.

EDIT: oh...misread. I just got that last part. Do you really wanna see my defense? If you want it I'll post it. I was just having fun with it to "convince" (not really) you guys to never buy a ticket and ensure nothing but red and gold in the stands. :)

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Marvin49":5nq9aa4a said:
loafoftatupu":5nq9aa4a said:
Marvin49":5nq9aa4a said:
loafoftatupu":5nq9aa4a said:

Classic Marvanism.

No, you never said its a pit. I'm telling you a pit so that Seattle fans will never want to come and see it. :)

Don't worry about characterizing it as a pit. We won't want to come see it because we have no need for being stabbed by unbalanced 49er fans, stadium located in Santa Clara or no.

By the way, telling Californians that it always rains in Seattle hasn't kept you all from moving here, so why would you think that strategy would work with anyone else? :lol:

Marvin49

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":3a3ie41q said:
Marvin49":3a3ie41q said:
loafoftatupu":3a3ie41q said:
Marvin49":3a3ie41q said:

Classic Marvanism.

Don't worry about characterizing it as a pit. We won't want to come see it because we have no need for being stabbed by unbalanced 49er fans, stadium located in Santa Clara or no.

By the way, telling Californians that it always rains in Seattle hasn't kept you all from moving here, so why would you think that strategy would work with anyone else? :lol:

I don't really. :D Was just having fun with it...but I think a few peeps took me a bit too seriously. LOL.

Sherminator

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1tbrnpuy said:
It must embarrass you to have been so easily caught lying if this is how you're going to react. You could have at least tried to convey where the 1.3 billion went. (Hint: contractor's pockets. ) But you couldn't even offer a token defense. Either you haven't been there or you've gotten your impression spoon fed to you.

Sad.

This is where a big portion of the money went, actually pretty cool if you are into environmental science.
One thing I would like to point out, that the writer of the posted article also failed to realize is that Levi Stadium is the first professional stadium to achieve gold certification from LEED.

http://inhabitat.com/levis-stadium-beco ... struction/

Since it looks like most of you are title readers only, I'll share the details

What you should know
Levi’s Stadium achieved LEED certification for its practical and sustainable site development, water savings, energy efficiency, materials selection and indoor environmental quality.

1. Measures include the installation of 1,162 photovoltaic panels around the stadium
2. three NRG Energy Bridges for ticket holders to enter the venue
3. a 27000-square foot NRG Solar Terrace on the west-side suite tower
4. The Bermuda Bandera grass playing field consumes 50 percent less water than other fields
5. 85% of the water used throughout the stadium is recycled
6. . These features allow the venue to achieve net zero energy performance, and the 10 scheduled 49ers home games per season will be completely powered by the site’s year-round collection of solar energy.

Now lets compare that to the article posted (that all of you are using as evidence)
And that green roof? It’s a tiny patch of shrubs on top of suites that I never even noticed while at the Earthquakes game.

Man this journalist sure is a credible source.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I thought the article was mean. Course, I might feel mean if it took me hours to get home on the train.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Sherminator":cff96pfl said:
Sarlacc83":cff96pfl said:

Sad.

This is where a big portion of the money went, actually pretty cool if you are into environmental science.
One thing I would like to point out, that the writer of the posted article also failed to realize is that Levi Stadium is the first professional stadium to achieve gold certification from LEED.

What you should know
Levi’s Stadium achieved LEED certification for its practical and sustainable site development, water savings, energy efficiency, materials selection and indoor environmental quality.

1. Measures include the installation of 1,162 photovoltaic panels around the stadium
4. The Bermuda Bandera grass playing field consumes 50 percent less water than other fields
6. . These features allow the venue to achieve net zero energy performance, and the 10 scheduled 49ers home games per season will be completely powered by the site’s year-round collection of solar energy.

Now lets compare that to the article posted (that all of you are using as evidence)
And that green roof? It’s a tiny patch of shrubs on top of suites that I never even noticed while at the Earthquakes game.

He'd probably have felt great about all of that, were it not for being stuck in the parking lot for two hours after the event. Would have been easier for him to pass the time by reading about all of those new features on his phone but he couldn't connect to the stadium's wi-fi and his data plan had just run out.

It's like buying a new big screen that won't turn on and when you take it back the sales rep just wants to tell you about how energy efficient your broken TV is... but they'll be sure to improve the experience for the next guy.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Damn, I'm impressed with the activity this thread had seen in the few hours since I posted it. I'm not gonna lie, about 85% of the reason I created it was to see Marvin's responses.

Really though, regarding the stadium, a new homeless man's cardboard box would have been an upgrade to Candlestick at this point; so no matter what, it's a considerable improvement.

Sherminator

Reaction score
Laloosh":3jdfrwx3 said:
Sherminator":3jdfrwx3 said:
Sarlacc83":3jdfrwx3 said:

Sad.

What you should know

He'd probably have felt great about all of that, were it not for being stuck in the parking lot for two hours after the event. Would have been easier for him to pass the time by reading about all of those new features on his phone but he couldn't connect to the stadium's wi-fi and his data plan had just run out.

It's like buying a new big screen that won't turn on and when you take it back the sales rep just wants to tell you about how energy efficient your broken TV is... but they'll be sure to improve the experience for the next guy.

Remember when I claimed most people on here were title readers?
Just got my evidence, thanks laloosh :lol:

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Sherminator":20qqfqww said:
Remember when I claimed most people on here were title readers?
Just got my evidence, thanks laloosh :lol:
Then what's that make 49ers fans, most of whom say "TL;DNR" in response to any post or even a reply by someone more than about 1.5 paragraphs long?

Marvin49

Reaction score
Just since peeps seem to think I'm lying that I've been there or something...

My boys in my seats from the Open House last Friday...

0203487868849918 2174029314939858436 n zps534a89e5

Views from my seats....

009 zps0381064c

006 zps7e7886cf

002 zpsb1c0dbfd

What do I LOVE about the stadium?

1) Stadium App: (Once all the wifi issues are solved) Order food or drink to your seat. Order food and pick it up in an express line. All ticketing on my phone including using tix, transferring tix, etc. I'll be able to watch whatever replays I want from my phone. I already have the App on my phone BTW. The Season Tix package came with Sony Headphones and a USB Power Tank to recharge my phone battery from my seat. Also came with pretty good gym bag and a few other things.

2) OPEN: Most open stadium I've ever seen. Can see the field from every place in the building I buy food. No corners to walk around. The number of places to get food is astounding. (The training of the staff at the moment is an issue, but that's fairly common with a new place. The staff is all new).

3) Sightlines and proximity to field: No obstructed views. All of the suites are on one side, so they were able to move a lot more of the seats closer to the field. The stadium is huge, but the fans actually closer than at Candlestick.

4) Team Store: The thing is like half a Toys'R'Us. Its freakin enormous. I hear the Museum is cool too, but haven't been in there yet.

5) The food: Some peeps haven't liked the food...have to admit that. I had the Frank, the Garlic Fries, the Pretzl and the Tortas. I liked them all. Some peeps don't like the burgers or the hot dog (which I liked...dunno what their problem is there) and say the Nachos aren't worth it. Can't speak for all because I haven't tried everything yet.

4) Scoreboards: Holy Sh*t the pictures don't do them Justice. The north scoreboard is actually wider than the one in Dallas....and they have another slightly smaller on one the other side of the stadium. IN-SANE. Attaching a chart of scoreboard sizes....that one in Jacksonville is ridiculous.

NFL_SCOREBOARD4ers-02_3000px.png

I could go on and on but this is the gist of it. I absolutely LOVE my section too. Second deck on the Suite Tower side. Nice little alcove with our own food and bathrooms for only 4 small sections. Pretty cool.

Wait...what am I saying. THE PLACE SUCKS!!! NEVER GO THERE!!!!

In all seriousness tho....what most peeps are responding badly to is the traffic, parking, service of new workers, and inability to get connected to the new wifi network. All of that stuff is gonna be fixed. All those peeps who went to the Soccer game were guinea pigs. That's even mentioned in the original authors article.

Of course it ain't smooth. Its HUGE building and it'll have its growing pains....and will always be a horrible experience for anyone not wearing red and gold. :)

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Well, at least your phone will be charged while you wait several hours to get home after each game. :)