Business Week - 49ers' new stadium is a dud

Sherminator

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1qoiqjt4 said:
Sherminator":1qoiqjt4 said:
Remember when I claimed most people on here were title readers?
Just got my evidence, thanks laloosh :lol:
Then what's that make 49ers fans, most of whom say "TL;DNR" in response to any post or even a reply by someone more than about 1.5 paragraphs long?

I'm sorry, but I had to.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-08-04 at 7.43.21 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-08-04 at 7.43.21 PM.png
    84.6 KB · Views: 2,031
OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
So, you're pointing out that he "Too long; did read"? :)

Loaf's just trolling, though, for real. He doesn't skip posts because they're lengthy.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":18nfbg6y said:
Damn, I'm impressed with the activity this thread had seen in the few hours since I posted it. I'm not gonna lie, about 85% of the reason I created it was to see Marvin's responses.

Really though, regarding the stadium, a new homeless man's cardboard box would have been an upgrade to Candlestick at this point; so no matter what, it's a considerable improvement.

HEHEHEHE

Hook, line, and sinker. :D

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":z7emv6dd said:
Well, at least your phone will be charged while you wait several hours to get home after each game. :)

Not a problem for me. :)

I work 1.3 miles from the stadium and we have a badged parking Garage. Getting home for me will be a breeze. :)

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
After seeing pictures I must say: the inside looks impressively boring. How far away are those third tier seats? Half mile?

I'm glad it has a huge scoreboard though. Nice to know someone is taking the Cowboys and Jaguars seriously as a competitor.

Sherminator

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1pmi2jhp said:
So, you're pointing out that he "Too long; did read"? :)

Loaf's just trolling, though, for real. He doesn't skip posts because they're lengthy.

Haha yes. I also felt it was relevant because he mentions you in that post.
I know, in all fairness that was in the PG so I don't even count that as trolling.

But as far as the other niner fans who argue with you then throw that up I cannot speak for them. I agree with you and realize we have our idiots as well haha

Laloosh

Reaction score
Sherminator":za1insbe said:
Laloosh":za1insbe said:
Sherminator":za1insbe said:
Sarlacc83":za1insbe said:
It must embarrass you to have been so easily caught lying if this is how you're going to react. You could have at least tried to convey where the 1.3 billion went. (Hint: contractor's pockets. ) But you couldn't even offer a token defense. Either you haven't been there or you've gotten your impression spoon fed to you.

Sad.

This is where a big portion of the money went, actually pretty cool if you are into environmental science.
One thing I would like to point out, that the writer of the posted article also failed to realize is that Levi Stadium is the first professional stadium to achieve gold certification from LEED.

http://inhabitat.com/levis-stadium-beco ... struction/

Since it looks like most of you are title readers only, I'll share the details

What you should know
Levi’s Stadium achieved LEED certification for its practical and sustainable site development, water savings, energy efficiency, materials selection and indoor environmental quality.

1. Measures include the installation of 1,162 photovoltaic panels around the stadium
2. three NRG Energy Bridges for ticket holders to enter the venue
3. a 27000-square foot NRG Solar Terrace on the west-side suite tower
4. The Bermuda Bandera grass playing field consumes 50 percent less water than other fields
5. 85% of the water used throughout the stadium is recycled
6. . These features allow the venue to achieve net zero energy performance, and the 10 scheduled 49ers home games per season will be completely powered by the site’s year-round collection of solar energy.

Now lets compare that to the article posted (that all of you are using as evidence)
And that green roof? It’s a tiny patch of shrubs on top of suites that I never even noticed while at the Earthquakes game.

Man this journalist sure is a credible source.

He'd probably have felt great about all of that, were it not for being stuck in the parking lot for two hours after the event. Would have been easier for him to pass the time by reading about all of those new features on his phone but he couldn't connect to the stadium's wi-fi and his data plan had just run out.

It's like buying a new big screen that won't turn on and when you take it back the sales rep just wants to tell you about how energy efficient your broken TV is... but they'll be sure to improve the experience for the next guy.

From the comments (in which a worse commuter experience was described than the 90 minute train ride for the author):
"I was one of the unfortunate souls who parked in a lot near the stadium. It quite literally took 2 hours to get out of the parking lot once we got back to the car. Traffic on the roads running East-West was simply not moving. There seemed to be a major lack of law enforcement (or anyone for that matter) directing traffic.

The stadium holds another +20-25% than what was at the soccer game, and I shudder to think what that means for the traffic.

I am not convinced the infrastructure is even there to support getting people in and out in a reasonable time."

From the spin zone:
Originally posted by susweel:
friend of mine went to the futbol game and said the wifi wasn't even working. 1.2 billion and no wifi, lol

And it's not like there was a lot of people sucking up bandwidth. Everybody was stuck in traffic using up data streaming Pandora because they're too proud to switch to T-Mobile.

Read more at http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niner ... BtQpDvD.99

What did I miss in my sarcastic response to your "CliffsNotes"?

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":yeiy7huj said:
After seeing pictures I must say: the inside looks impressively boring. How far away are those third tier seats? Half mile?

I'm glad it has a huge scoreboard though. Nice to know someone is taking the Cowboys and Jaguars seriously as a competitor.

Much closer the field than most stadiums. Also the largest lower bowl in the NFL.

Ahhh....does someone have scoreboard envy?

You're just mad that you accused me of lying and I proved you wrong. I have more pictures if you want since you seem so interested. :D

Sherminator

Reaction score
Laloosh":63j1q2za said:

Nothing big, and I didn't mean to have any venom towards you in that last post so if it came across that way, apologies.
The publisher of that article wasn't a guy, it was a girl.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Laloosh":33shw8m3 said:
Sherminator":33shw8m3 said:
Laloosh":33shw8m3 said:
Sherminator":33shw8m3 said:
This is where a big portion of the money went, actually pretty cool if you are into environmental science.
One thing I would like to point out, that the writer of the posted article also failed to realize is that Levi Stadium is the first professional stadium to achieve gold certification from LEED.

http://inhabitat.com/levis-stadium-beco ... struction/

Since it looks like most of you are title readers only, I'll share the details

What you should know
Levi’s Stadium achieved LEED certification for its practical and sustainable site development, water savings, energy efficiency, materials selection and indoor environmental quality.

1. Measures include the installation of 1,162 photovoltaic panels around the stadium
2. three NRG Energy Bridges for ticket holders to enter the venue
3. a 27000-square foot NRG Solar Terrace on the west-side suite tower
4. The Bermuda Bandera grass playing field consumes 50 percent less water than other fields
5. 85% of the water used throughout the stadium is recycled
6. . These features allow the venue to achieve net zero energy performance, and the 10 scheduled 49ers home games per season will be completely powered by the site’s year-round collection of solar energy.

Now lets compare that to the article posted (that all of you are using as evidence)
And that green roof? It’s a tiny patch of shrubs on top of suites that I never even noticed while at the Earthquakes game.

Man this journalist sure is a credible source.

He'd probably have felt great about all of that, were it not for being stuck in the parking lot for two hours after the event. Would have been easier for him to pass the time by reading about all of those new features on his phone but he couldn't connect to the stadium's wi-fi and his data plan had just run out.

It's like buying a new big screen that won't turn on and when you take it back the sales rep just wants to tell you about how energy efficient your broken TV is... but they'll be sure to improve the experience for the next guy.

From the comments (in which a worse commuter experience was described than the 90 minute train ride for the author):
"I was one of the unfortunate souls who parked in a lot near the stadium. It quite literally took 2 hours to get out of the parking lot once we got back to the car. Traffic on the roads running East-West was simply not moving. There seemed to be a major lack of law enforcement (or anyone for that matter) directing traffic.

The stadium holds another +20-25% than what was at the soccer game, and I shudder to think what that means for the traffic.

I am not convinced the infrastructure is even there to support getting people in and out in a reasonable time."

From the spin zone:
Originally posted by susweel:
friend of mine went to the futbol game and said the wifi wasn't even working. 1.2 billion and no wifi, lol

And it's not like there was a lot of people sucking up bandwidth. Everybody was stuck in traffic using up data streaming Pandora because they're too proud to switch to T-Mobile.

Read more at http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niner ... BtQpDvD.99

LOL. Come on Laloosh, you've spent enough time on the 'zone to know that Sus trolls everyone. LOL. He was just getting a rise out of people. That's what he does.

Nah...certainly work to do. That's why they did a Soccer Game first.

...but again, the whole place sucks and Seattle fans should never bother to make the trip. Cesspool I tell ya.

Laloosh

Reaction score
OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Marvin49":ne6j7vem said:
Much closer the field than most stadiums. Also the largest lower bowl in the NFL.

You're just mad that you accused me of lying and I proved you wrong. I have more pictures if you want since you seem so interested. :D

Our scoreboard is pretty Crabtree mediocre, there's no doubt about that. However, any fan at a game that does more than occasionally glance at it is a wine & cheeser that ought not be there in the first place, IMO. A huge scoreboard should not be a draw to an NFL game.

Also, the "much closer to the field than most stadiums" bit - got some linkage?

Also, part deux: Sherminator just got wrecked. 8)

Laloosh

Reaction score
Marvin49":114sztc2 said:
LOL. Come on Laloosh, you've spent enough time on the 'zone to know that Sus trolls everyone. LOL. He was just getting a rise out of people. That's what he does.

Nah...certainly work to do. That's why they did a Soccer Game first.

...but again, the whole place sucks and Seattle fans should never bother to make the trip. Cesspool I tell ya.

Not now, Marv. I'm right in the middle of something here...

Sherminator

Reaction score
Laloosh":dte7pt5l said:
Sherminator":dte7pt5l said:
Laloosh":dte7pt5l said:

Nothing big, and I didn't mean to have any venom towards you in that last post so if it came across that way, apologies.
The publisher of that article wasn't a guy, it was a girl.

Uh oh, someone's not reading the details...

http://www.businessweek.com/authors/283-ashlee-vance

Hahaha oh man.
Got me Laloosh,
Wtf who names their son Ashlee?

Laloosh 1
Sherminator 0

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Marvin49":1zbxc2i0 said:
Sarlacc83":1zbxc2i0 said:

I accused you of either lying or having your opinion of the place spoon fed to you. Since you listed a feature that doesn't work, it must be the latter. Congratulations on finally developing a real argument after being prodded twice, though. Real fast thinking. Kaepernick would be proud.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Marvin is funny. He took the tour and it was LOUD!!! Some tour guide told him how a sound wave travels and he bought it hook, line, and sinker and now tries to spew that crap as fact. If the majority of people are in the lower bowl, which they will be, the sound will go up and out of the stadium, not "directly back to the field" like the tour guide told him.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2pdmhpp0 said:
Marvin49":2pdmhpp0 said:

Our scoreboard is pretty Crabtree mediocre, there's no doubt about that. However, any fan at a game that does more than occasionally glance at it is a wine & cheeser that ought not be there in the first place, IMO. A huge scoreboard should not be a draw to an NFL game.

Also, the "much closer to the field than most stadiums" bit - got some linkage?

Also, part deux: Sherminator just got wrecked. 8)

I'll have to look for a link. Essentially, putting all the suites in a stack on one side removed them from the other side of the stadium....IE making it possible to put those seats closer. Its also more vertical than Candlestick so gives you more of a "the stands are on top of you" as commentioned on by a few of the players.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Let's see if the Santa Clara 49ers can beat our Guinness Book of World Records crowd noise record.

BTW, Marvin; I'm not disbelieving you about it, I just want to read up on details. Know thy enemy, and all that. ;)

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
rideaducati":3vy3wx4c said:
Marvin is funny. He took the tour and it was LOUD!!! Some tour guide told him how a sound wave travels and he bought it hook, line, and sinker and now tries to spew that crap as fact. If the majority of people are in the lower bowl, which they will be, the sound will go up and out of the stadium, not "directly back to the field" like the tour guide told him.

As if the lower bowl is going to make noise. Other than SHUT UP! I CAN'T HEAR MY PHONE! Otherwise there will be a noise violation.