Business Week - 49ers' new stadium is a dud

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":20o5pdpg said:
Marvin49":20o5pdpg said:
Sarlacc83":20o5pdpg said:
After seeing pictures I must say: the inside looks impressively boring. How far away are those third tier seats? Half mile?

I'm glad it has a huge scoreboard though. Nice to know someone is taking the Cowboys and Jaguars seriously as a competitor.

Much closer the field than most stadiums. Also the largest lower bowl in the NFL.

Ahhh....does someone have scoreboard envy?

You're just mad that you accused me of lying and I proved you wrong. I have more pictures if you want since you seem so interested. :D

I accused you of either lying or having your opinion of the place spoon fed to you. Since you listed a feature that doesn't work, it must be the latter. Congratulations on finally developing a real argument after being prodded twice, though. Real fast thinking. Kaepernick would be proud.

The features DO work...just dropped the connection a few times.

I've been in the building. I showed you that. I've been in my seats. I've eaten the food. I've looked at the scoreboards. I've looked at the field. I've walked the halls. I've shopped in the team store. Nothing was spoon fed to me. LOL. You are really trying too hard man.

I answered your question because I was joking around about not wanting Seattle fans in the building and you yook me WAY, WAY to seriously. LOL.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Marvin49":17fxquah said:
Sarlacc83":17fxquah said:
Marvin49":17fxquah said:
Sarlacc83":17fxquah said:
After seeing pictures I must say: the inside looks impressively boring. How far away are those third tier seats? Half mile?

I'm glad it has a huge scoreboard though. Nice to know someone is taking the Cowboys and Jaguars seriously as a competitor.

Much closer the field than most stadiums. Also the largest lower bowl in the NFL.

Ahhh....does someone have scoreboard envy?

You're just mad that you accused me of lying and I proved you wrong. I have more pictures if you want since you seem so interested. :D

I accused you of either lying or having your opinion of the place spoon fed to you. Since you listed a feature that doesn't work, it must be the latter. Congratulations on finally developing a real argument after being prodded twice, though. Real fast thinking. Kaepernick would be proud.

The features DO work...just dropped the connection a few times.

I've been in the building. I showed you that. I've been in my seats. I've eaten the food. I've looked at the scoreboards. I've looked at the field. I've walked the halls. I've shopped in the team store. Nothing was spoon fed to me. LOL. You are really trying too hard man.

I answered your question because I was joking around about not wanting Seattle fans in the building and you yook me WAY, WAY to seriously. LOL.

Or are you taking me too seriously?

Mind= blown

Marvin49

Reaction score
rideaducati":30ot87vn said:
Marvin is funny. He took the tour and it was LOUD!!! Some tour guide told him how a sound wave travels and he bought it hook, line, and sinker and now tries to spew that crap as fact. If the majority of people are in the lower bowl, which they will be, the sound will go up and out of the stadium, not "directly back to the field" like the tour guide told him.

Actually that comment was from the reports from the 2/3 full Soccer game. Many, Many tweets from people at the game saying the tower reverberates sound. Didn't experience that one for myself...only going by what others reported.

Also commented on by a few beat writers.

Just to be clear tho...not staking ANY claim whatsoever about being louder that the Clink. No freakin way. That place is ridiculous. Just louder than Candlestick.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Marvin49":2apkacmx said:
Its also more vertical than Candlestick so gives you more of a "the stands are on top of you" as commentioned on by a few of the players.

Heh...They wouldn't know ANYTHING about the stands being on top of the players here for the last 12 years.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":ftk2en3m said:
Let's see if the Santa Clara 49ers can beat our Guinness Book of World Records crowd noise record.

BTW, Marvin; I'm not disbelieving you about it, I just want to read up on details. Know thy enemy, and all that. ;)

LOL. No worries. As I stated above tho, won't get close to matching Clink for sound. My comment about being loud is more about being louder than Candlestick. Not trying to make any claim to being louder than the Clink.

I'll see if I can find a link, but I read that quite awhile ago.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Marvin49":u6eje304 said:
rideaducati":u6eje304 said:
Marvin is funny. He took the tour and it was LOUD!!! Some tour guide told him how a sound wave travels and he bought it hook, line, and sinker and now tries to spew that crap as fact. If the majority of people are in the lower bowl, which they will be, the sound will go up and out of the stadium, not "directly back to the field" like the tour guide told him.

Actually that comment was from the reports from the 2/3 full Soccer game. Many, Many tweets from people at the game saying the tower reverberates sound. Didn't experience that one for myself...only going by what others reported.

Just to be clear tho...not staking ANY claim whatsoever about being louder that the Clink. No freakin way. That place is ridiculous. Just louder than Candlestick.

That soccer game included a Seattle team...of course it was loud. I bet it was the Sounders fans.

Marvin49

Reaction score
rideaducati":2qbbllaj said:
Marvin49":2qbbllaj said:
rideaducati":2qbbllaj said:

That soccer game included a Seattle team...of course it was loud. I bet it was the Sounders fans.

...and they lost. :) Hopefully a sign of Seattle fortunes in the new building. :)

Laloosh

Reaction score
Marvin49":80rngs6o said:
rideaducati":80rngs6o said:
Marvin49":80rngs6o said:
rideaducati":80rngs6o said:

...and they lost. :) Hopefully a sign of Seattle fortunes in the new building. :)

It'll be interesting to hear the collective cries of 70,000 distraught Niner fans reverberate off of their fancy new luxury boxes.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Sherminator":12j0e7aw said:
Laloosh":12j0e7aw said:
Sherminator":12j0e7aw said:
Laloosh":12j0e7aw said:
What did I miss in my sarcastic response to your "CliffsNotes"?

Nothing big, and I didn't mean to have any venom towards you in that last post so if it came across that way, apologies.
The publisher of that article wasn't a guy, it was a girl.

Uh oh, someone's not reading the details...

http://www.businessweek.com/authors/283-ashlee-vance

Hahaha oh man.
Got me Laloosh,
Wtf who names their son Ashlee?

Laloosh 1
Sherminator 0

You know that this dude is biased against the 49ers because all guys with traditionally feminine names stick together, thus Ashlee Vance here is obviously a Christine Michael fan that hates The Greatest Franchise in the History of Sports and Also the Universe.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":28322b3y said:
There is documented evidence that if you believe you will love something, you will. It's the mind's way of covering disappointment. Contrary opinions then set off a natural defense lest the facts get in.

You're referring to confirmation bias, and it's as applicable to a 9ers fan quoting an article saying the new stadium is a marvel as it is to a bunch of Hawks fans having a circle jerk over an article saying that the soft open was a mess. :lol:

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3l32twbd said:
You're referring to confirmation bias, and it's as applicable to a 9ers fan quoting an article saying the new stadium is a marvel as it is to a bunch of Hawks fans having a circle jerk over an article saying that the soft open was a mess. :lol:
Well, if Marvin didn't rush to defend it so quickly, vigorously, and vehemently, we might not have had as much interest in it. ;)

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":13oge5pq said:
Popeyejones":13oge5pq said:
Well, if Marvin didn't rush to defend it so quickly, vigorously, and vehemently, we might not have had as much interest in it. ;)

What do you mean? The place is a pit. Don't ever go there.

Tell a friend.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Marvin49":2co3zje8 said:
RolandDeschain":2co3zje8 said:
Popeyejones":2co3zje8 said:

What do you mean? The place is a pit. Don't ever go there.

Tell a friend.

Perfect for quickly jailing all the barbers who want to be lumberjacks that frequent SF games.

Sourdough #49

Reaction score
Guys place is terrible, I highly recommend any Hawks fans should do themselves a favor and just avoid the place like the plague.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Popeyejones":igtkclzl said:

That's really funny Popeye, the Hawk fans are just riding on the piece written by someone with a forum while you and your Tuesday night, Niner ButtHurt support group members are vehemently fighting opinion. Fulfilling the actual Circle Jerk parameters.

I don't give a shit about the stadium in Santa Clara, the fact that it is even in Santa Clara is a joke. No one really cares what the overhyped place is or isn't. Honestly... Why would it matter? Seahawk fans know what having a nice stadium is like, the crowd and building have already established themselves, known throughout the league. Levi's is nothing as of this point except a bunch of talk.

Oh.. A blog post from a local. http://sfist.com/2014/08/04/first_big_event_at_levis_stadium_cr.php

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Sourdough #49":1m15hbk7 said:
Guys place is terrible, I highly recommend any Hawks fans should do themselves a favor and just avoid the place like the plague.

I will be there for T-Day. Gotta get me one of those "Jeff Garcia" dogs.. that hashed up looking thing that actually sounds good.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Popeyejones":cu6gh6e3 said:
Sarlacc83":cu6gh6e3 said:
There is documented evidence that if you believe you will love something, you will. It's the mind's way of covering disappointment. Contrary opinions then set off a natural defense lest the facts get in.

Actually it's a psychosomatic effect to which I'm referring. It goes beyond only looking for evidence to an actual physical change.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Sourdough #49":25v83kmp said:

*holds up mic*

How insecure does it make you feel to have the urge to try and prevent Seahawks fans from attending your home games in hopes of producing crowd noise that'll get the Seahawks offense to eventually realize they're playing a road game?

Latest posts