Butt hurt Niners

RichNhansom

Reaction score
4freakin9":2ivcxu7s said:
loafoftatupu":2ivcxu7s said:
Whiner butt - hurt will be the gift that gives all year long. Diminishing the accomplishments of others, especially the Seahawks is their craft. No one can have success except the Niners. There are a rare few and I mean 1 in 200 that will say "team x just beat us". The Niners only lose to outside factors that don't include their own mistakes.

It is known.

Dont act like its different for any other teams fans in the nfl though. I for one have no problem admitting that Seattle won fair and square. They had the better regular season record and home field for the playoffs so its not like Seattle didn't work for it. Other than the Iupati and Bowman injuries, it was a hell of a game. You gotta admit that after years of hearing how craptastic the NFC west was that now its nice to know every division in football is shaking in their boots to face this division.

Here's to one hell of a rivalry next season

It is different by sheer volume and high percentage of idiot posters. The overwhelming opinion on the webzone is the Brees roughing the passer cost you guys the super bowl. Without that bogus call you guys win the division and get the #1 seed which immediately translates to trophy #6. The problem with that logic is it goes both ways.

To start with bitching about a call that would get called in any game against any team likely 100% of the time is beyond blind homerism and borders on idiocy. This is in a game that they let the teams play racking up a total of 9 penalties combined. Worse is that it is one of the only calls that gets bitched about. Most of the whining comes from calls the fan base feels they are entitled to but didn't get all the while ignoring everything they should get called for. A couple head butts in the Panthers game comes to mind, especially when you factor in the Panthers actually got called for the only one they did and it was equal or less than either of the Niner head butts that were right in front of an official. Had that happened the other way around there would be no end to the whining and you absolutely know it.

But I digress. Lets look at the last Seahawks game at Candlestick. That game did in fact come down to one bad call. The fumble that was originally ruled that the player (Crabtree IIRC) touched the ground and was evidenced by the official that made the call actually patting his ass to indicate his but touched the ground before the ball came out was a bad call and there is no dispute about it. The problem is after the replay was shown and Carroll threw the challenge flag the official changed the call to forward progress and the call became unchangeable.

Think about that and let it sink in. That call led to a field goal but also took momentum away from Seattle as well as another possession and that field goal was the difference in that game as you won by 2 points.

Now take it a notch farther. Had you lost that game the next week you were traveling to AZ who were playing there best ball of the season and would have had serious reason to bring their A game. Could you have beat AZ in AZ if that had happened? I don't know but it would have been a much tougher game IMO if AZ had a reason to play. If you lose you don't even make the playoffs let alone the NFCCG.

This isn't an isolated opinion either. 90+% of the webzone absolutely believe that Brees call cost you the division. Most fan bases that I have read and followed have a few that go beyond the boarders of reality to make their case but it is usually the minority. In Niner world it is nearly unanimous and in that regard it is absolutely different and much much worse.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RichNhansom":1uhsxmxs said:
4freakin9":1uhsxmxs said:
loafoftatupu":1uhsxmxs said:
Whiner butt - hurt will be the gift that gives all year long. Diminishing the accomplishments of others, especially the Seahawks is their craft. No one can have success except the Niners. There are a rare few and I mean 1 in 200 that will say "team x just beat us". The Niners only lose to outside factors that don't include their own mistakes.

It is known.

Dont act like its different for any other teams fans in the nfl though. I for one have no problem admitting that Seattle won fair and square. They had the better regular season record and home field for the playoffs so its not like Seattle didn't work for it. Other than the Iupati and Bowman injuries, it was a hell of a game. You gotta admit that after years of hearing how craptastic the NFC west was that now its nice to know every division in football is shaking in their boots to face this division.

Here's to one hell of a rivalry next season

It is different by sheer volume and high percentage of idiot posters. The overwhelming opinion on the webzone is the Brees roughing the passer cost you guys the super bowl. Without that bogus call you guys win the division and get the #1 seed which immediately translates to trophy #6. The problem with that logic is it goes both ways.

To start with bitching about a call that would get called in any game against any team likely 100% of the time is beyond blind homerism and borders on idiocy. This is in a game that they let the teams play racking up a total of 9 penalties combined. Worse is that it is one of the only calls that gets bitched about. Most of the whining comes from calls the fan base feels they are entitled to but didn't get all the while ignoring everything they should get called for. A couple head butts in the Panthers game comes to mind, especially when you factor in the Panthers actually got called for the only one they did and it was equal or less than either of the Niner head butts that were right in front of an official. Had that happened the other way around there would be no end to the whining and you absolutely know it.

But I digress. Lets look at the last Seahawks game at Candlestick. That game did in fact come down to one bad call. The fumble that was originally ruled that the player (Crabtree IIRC) touched the ground and was evidenced by the official that made the call actually patting his ass to indicate his but touched the ground before the ball came out was a bad call and there is no dispute about it. The problem is after the replay was shown and Carroll threw the challenge flag the official changed the call to forward progress and the call became unchangeable.

Think about that and let it sink in. That call led to a field goal but also took momentum away from Seattle as well as another possession and that field goal was the difference in that game as you won by 2 points.

Now take it a notch farther. Had you lost that game the next week you were traveling to AZ who were playing there best ball of the season and would have had serious reason to bring their A game. Could you have beat AZ in AZ if that had happened? I don't know but it would have been a much tougher game IMO if AZ had a reason to play. If you lose you don't even make the playoffs let alone the NFCCG.

This isn't an isolated opinion either. 90+% of the webzone absolutely believe that Brees call cost you the division. Most fan bases that I have read and followed have a few that go beyond the boarders of reality to make their case but it is usually the minority. In Niner world it is nearly unanimous and in that regard it is absolutely different and much much worse.

Come on dude...that's just hyperbole.

90% of the zone hasn't even commented on the topic let alone made that statement. Your numbers are just made up.

I could say the same thing here that a vast majority of people believe X, but its just cherry picking.

If the case were reversed and Seattle had lost on that hit, there would have been a very similar outcry here. You guys won the division, the conference, and the Championship. Just be happy with that. You don't need to make stuff up to slam the other fanbase as well. Just take the win and be happy.

Living well is the best revenge.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Any and all variations on the "The fans of [insert speaker's rival's team] are all/disproportionately [insert pejorative statement]" invariably tells you MUCH more about the claimant than the people they're claiming to speak about.

It doesn't matter if it's a Hawks fan disparaging 9ers fans, a 9ers fan disparaging Hawks fans, a Vikings fan disparaging Packers fans, etc., etc., etc. It's the same every time. The accusations are always exactly the same too (homers, engage in conspiratorial thinking, jerks, showoffs, won't give credit, too big for their britches, excuse their players' bad behavior, whine about the refs more than anyone, cherry pick stats, etc., etc., etc.). And the evidence is always the same too (some idiot on facebook, some idiots in a comments section, the low hanging fruit of bad posters on a team board; in the claim these people instantly become "all" or "almost all" or "most" or "disproportionately").

Gosh it's boring.

I dunno, when folks do this and purport to be speaking about me as a 9ers fan I just ignore it, recognize it for being as dumb as it is, and use it as yet another reminder that making claims like these says much more about the speaker than the target, and that I shouldn't ever do stuff like that. Beyond treating it as a personal reminder, I don't take it personally, because despite the claim it's not about me to begin with. :)

RichNhansom

Reaction score
This is where I have a problem with you Marvin. I'm not making anything up and you know it. Go to the webzone and read unbias and you will see that my statement is both true and correct.

We all know you would like to convince every Seahawks fan that there is never anything to see and we are all just imagining things, christ it's your entire mo for being here and you appear to have made it your cause in life but the reality is almost always the opposite of your minimizing.

I am pretty sure most here that have been to the webzone know I am not making anything up and you again are trying to minimize the subject by accusing me of it.

Face facts. If the webzone is a reflexion of your fan base you have a majority of idiots ad fans. Coming to a Seahawks fan forum and minimizing everything while accusing posters of making stuff up lumps you right in with them.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Ok popeye and Marvin here is a little test for you. Find me one ssingle post on the webzone that acknowledges the fumble was a bad call. You fon't even have to show it cost the game just a bad call.

I csn pull at least 50 posts that say tthe Brees call cost uyou the game as well as Seattle can't win at your house.

Go for it prove me wrong. I am not exagerating or making this up. I get a kick out of the level of ignorance on that site. It makes for hours of laughter.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Let me guess what Marvin and Popeye's spin will be.....

Unsubstantiated rumors, and the source isn't on the "approved niners reporters list" , but there is a 5% chance of it being true, but it was coming from one of the niners benchwarmers as they have an ax to grind because they are not starting.

Minimize at all costs when it comes to any bad things when it comes to the whiners right Marvin and Popeye?
Spin, spin, spin away whiners trolls! :)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RichNhansom":2u7oxps1 said:
Ok popeye and Marvin here is a little test for you. Find me one ssingle post on the webzone that acknowledges the fumble was a bad call. You fon't even have to show it cost the game just a bad call.

I csn pull at least 50 posts that say tthe Brees call cost uyou the game as well as Seattle can't win at your house.

Go for it prove me wrong. I am not exagerating or making this up. I get a kick out of the level of ignorance on that site. It makes for hours of laughter.
Bigtime spin coming from Marvin and Popeye coming in 3.....2......1.........

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3udqb70h said:

Unsubstantiated rumors, and the source isn't on the "approved niners reporters list" , but there is a 5% chance of it being true, but it was coming from one of the niners benchwarmers as they have an ax to grind because they are not starting.

Minimize at all costs when it comes to any bad things when it comes to the whiners right Marvin and Popeye?

One funny thing is that if a Hawks fan tried to spin anything and everything on a Niner board, especially the Webzone it would be bannable. I am talking about bringing up stuff like fact.

I won't even bother with the Webzone, I used to read it but there is literally no point. These guys had thrown in the towel in week 3, knew the division was lost and yet when it happens they ride the butt-hurt even in the offseason.

They get the 5 seed, Hyde drops a pick 6, get away with garbage in Carolina, kick a strip fumble forward which is recovered by a Line player, score a TD following it, get lucky enough to hold the Hawks to 3 points on 2 turnovers in their territory and yet they were robbed of their entitled Super Bowl run. Then they ride that mantra through the offseason when the simple fact is the Hawks were better on the field.

There are a few of them that have just taken their medicine and moved on. A rare few.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":21xvgcnh said:

Sorry man, but I just don't think your ceaseless efforts in trying to get a rise out of me by characterizing me as a troll or some irrational buffoon reflects more poorly on me than it does on you.

Not that I think this post is worth responding to but for the record, as for the claim you're making:

1) It wouldn't surprise me at all if this were true.

2) We have a source from inside the org that says Harbaugh has grated on some players, and no sources saying that this isn't true. So not only would this not surprise me at all, but on top of that, of course I'd defer to the information I have on it.

Sorry to disappoint, but you should stop doing this. It's just kinda pathetic, IMO.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
RichNhansom":2j1o80vn said:

:lol: :lol:

So after reading my post two above yours you seriously believe:

a) that I discovered the internet yesterday and am delusional enough to believe that if I took my time to find you a post you'd even remotely change your mind and wouldn't just ignore it or write it off as just a single post?

b) that I even remotely care that you actually believe what you're saying?

c) that I take what you're saying seriously enough to spend my own time responding to some silly challenge you've cooked up?

C'mon dude. It's just really not gonna happen. LOL at thinking Marvin is dumb enough to jump on bait like this either.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but you, SportsHernia, and a couple other folks give Marvin and I way too much power. You spend way more time on us than either of us deserve.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Popeyejones":olkoni6w said:
RichNhansom":olkoni6w said:

a) that I discovered the internet yesterday and am delusional enough to believe that if I took my time to find you a post you'd even remotely change your mind and wouldn't just ignore it or write it off as just a single post?

c) that I take what you're saying seriously enough to spend my own time responding to some silly challenge you've cooked up?

C'mon dude. It's just really not gonna happen. LOL at thinking Marvin is dumb enough to jump on bait like this either.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but you, SportsHernia, and a couple other folks give Marvin and I way too much power. You spend way more time on us than either of us deserve.

You could have just typed I can't. Would have saved you the several hours of searching the webzone only to find what I said is true and accurate.

As for the power thing I think it is pretty obvious you are feeling your Niner roots of entitlement. You respond to every post in every thread related to you, Marvin or the Niners. Getting responses and called out as trolls may feed you but only a delusionally entitled troll thinks they are getting some kind of power from it. Unless you somehow equate laughing at you two is some form of power.

It's been several hours you should help your buddy out and let him know he won't find anything on the webzone about the fumble either. That poor guy is probably tearing his hair out right now searching every post in every thread trying to find some scrap of proof that it possibly happened.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Ok...didn't expect that much reaction. Lol.

All I'm sayin is that 90% is a completely made up number. If you go to the zone and you see a thread on that topic there is a very good chance that most of them feel that penalty cost the division. Hers the problem tho... 90% of the zone doesn't even comment on that thread. Many (like myself) don't even engage in the conversation. We move on to another thread that's more interesting.

If the uninitiated comes to this site they'd get the impression that 90% of you are raving Niner hating lunatics who literally think Harbaugh is Satan and Kaepernick is the biggest douche to ever walk the earth and he likes to have sex with turtles.

(queue .net poster saying that those are in fact the truth)

I know that 90% of you don't think that, but if I'm in a thread called "Kaepernick is a douche" it will sure as hell look that way. Are there looms on the webzone? Hell freakin yes. They embarrass me sometimes and I even tell them so.

The thing is tho that you make it out like there is a grand canyon of difference between the zone and .net and the biggest difference is loyalty... IE who you root for. There are some posters her whom I really respect even tho we most often disagree. The same can be said of the zone. There are also posters who provide mostly noise and they also exist on both sites.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Popeyejones":kwg0s8r7 said:
Sports Hernia":kwg0s8r7 said:

Sorry man, but I just don't think your ceaseless efforts in trying to get a rise out of me by characterizing me as a troll or some irrational buffoon reflects more poorly on me than it does on you.

Not that I think this post is worth responding to but for the record, as for the claim you're making:

1) It wouldn't surprise me at all if this were true.

2) We have a source from inside the org that says Harbaugh has grated on some players, and no sources saying that this isn't true. So not only would this not surprise me at all, but on top of that, of course I'd defer to the information I have on it.

Sorry to disappoint, but you should stop doing this. It's just kinda pathetic, IMO.
Well if you don't like me calling you on your trollish BS........ You can always, I don't know, leave?!?! Imagine the power you will feel by just walking away......

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Marvin49":1y4lxyu4 said:
Ok...didn't expect that much reaction. Lol.

All I'm sayin is that 90% is a completely made up number. If you go to the zone and you see a thread on that topic there is a very good chance that most of them feel that penalty cost the division. Hers the problem tho... 90% of the zone doesn't even comment on that thread. Many (like myself) don't even engage in the conversation. We move on to another thread that's more interesting.

If the unmitigated comes to this site they'd get the impression that 90% of you are raving Niner hating lunatics who literally think Harbaugh is Satan and Kaepernick is the biggest douche to ever walk the earth and he likes to have sex with turtles.

(queue .net poster saying that those are in fact the truth)

I know that 90% of you think that, but if I'm in a thread called "Kaepernick is a douche" it will sure as hell look that way. Are there looms on the webzone? Hell freakin yes. They embarrass me sometimes and I even tell them so.

The thing is tho that you make it out like there is a grand canyon of difference between the zone and .net and the biggest difference is loyalty... IE who you root for. There are some posters her whom I really respect even tho we most often disagree. The same can be said of the zone. There are also posters who provide mostly noise and they also exist on both sites.
Ahhhhh the old false equivalency BS, next verse same as the first! :roll: :34853_doh:

Marvin49

Reaction score
RichNhansom":2c7dsu17 said:
Popeyejones":2c7dsu17 said:
RichNhansom":2c7dsu17 said:

You could have just typed I can't. Would have saved you the several hours of searching the webzone only to find what I said is true and accurate.

As for the power thing I think it is pretty obvious you are feeling your Niner roots of entitlement. You respond to every post in every thread related to you, Marvin or the Niners. Getting responses and called out as trolls may feed you but only a delusionally entitled troll thinks they are getting some kind of power from it. Unless you somehow equate laughing at you two is some form of power.

It's been several hours you should help your buddy out and let him know he won't find anything on the webzone about the fumble either. That poor guy is probably tearing his hair out right now searching every post in every thread trying to find some scrap of proof that it possibly happened.

Actually no because...

A) I need all the hair I have left and can't spare any

B) I don't need to look it up because the answer had nothing to do with my response.

I don't need to show you someone who disagreed because the entire implication of your post was that 90% agreed. If only 5% of the posters even responded, your math is fiction. It's as simple as that.

To be honest, I just get tired of the depiction of the zone as a bunch of idiots as though you guys here are on some higher plane.

Please. Every forum has some good and great posters and some posters you really just want to slap.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
If this place was like the webzone, you would have been banned 6 months ago and you know it!
Get that weak sauce out of here!