C Mike traded to Dallas for Conditional 7th rounder

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2yosutyv said:
I just don't get it.

We are dropping 5th and 6th rounders for journeymen and JAGs and yet can't pull anything better than a conditional 7th for a guy who has some pretty legit pro tape (even if he might be a headcase).

We should've just cut him and not given Dallas the satisfaction of destroying us on this trade.

First, it takes two teams to consummate a trade. Our perceived value of a player and their perceived value of a player have to align somewhere. It's obvious we are getting what we can in these deals. He wasn't going to stay on the roster after we sign Jackson, so get what you can for him.

Second, what "legit" pro tape (regular season games, since pre-season doesn't count) does Michael have?

:roll:

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2wpmenn6 said:
Siouxhawk":2wpmenn6 said:
He might not even see much time there. McFadden looked good in the preseason and Randle at this point looks better than C-mike in his stolen underwear and cologne

All three suck.
Hope so

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":6344xrte said:
He might not even see much time there. McFadden looked good in the preseason and Randle at this point looks better than C-mike in his stolen underwear and cologne
LOL. :th2thumbs:

Ozzy

Reaction score
Seahawks fans are going to hate this trade down the road. He's going to be a monster in Dallas.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
kearly":2x81b6du said:
Keep in mind that DeMarco Murray has long had a fumble problem, and he led the NFL in RB fumbles last season. It still worked out pretty well for the Cowboys as a trade off to Murray's awesome running ability. There are some teams who are adamant about ball security and there are some who view it as a trade off thing.

I think Dallas is the best place Michael could've gone and not just because their line is ridiculous. They will forgive all sins, as long as you make yards. Murray has a very unorthodox running style and has also been criticized frequently for carrying the ball recklessly. Didn't matter to Garrett. If there's one team that can live with Michael's lack of fundamentals, it's probably them.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
We now have absolutely zero starting RB potential outside of Marshawn. Rawls' talent level is that of a career backup and Jackson is the consummate career backup. Hopefully we can claim some high level talent.

12thbrah

Reaction score
Those on the Cowboys board are going bananas over this. Idiots think we got f-jax to be lynch's replacement someday.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2gnchgil said:
First, it takes two teams to consummate a trade. Our perceived value of a player and their perceived value of a player have to align somewhere. It's obvious we are getting what we can in these deals. He wasn't going to stay on the roster after we sign Jackson, so get what you can for him.

Second, what "legit" pro tape (regular season games, since pre-season doesn't count) does Michael have?:

Well, it takes two sides consummate a car sale too, but I'm not sure everyone walks out of the dealership with the best deal for that reason alone.

For purposes of reviewing talent, why wouldn't preseason tape matter?

kearly

Reaction score
If you're gonna give Michael away for free, then literally any team would be better than Dallas.

Part of me thinks that Pete did this as a favor to Michael. There is absolutely no better situation for him in the NFL than the Cowboys.

I hate to root for failure, but I hope like hell this trade doesn't haunt us. Would never be happier in my life to miss out on a 7th round pick if he bombs there.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
austinslater25":3pm3cde8 said:
Seahawks fans are going to hate this trade down the road. He's going to be a monster in Dallas.
Yep, it's Green all over again. Except we don't have any high talent player after Lynch is gone so it's not like an Alexander scenario. We'll need to HEAVILY invest in RB next year and pray that Lynch stays healthy this year.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3420vp8w said:
kearly":3420vp8w said:
Keep in mind that DeMarco Murray has long had a fumble problem, and he led the NFL in RB fumbles last season. It still worked out pretty well for the Cowboys as a trade off to Murray's awesome running ability. There are some teams who are adamant about ball security and there are some who view it as a trade off thing.

I think Dallas is the best place Michael could've gone and not just because their line is ridiculous. They will forgive all sins, as long as you make yards. Murray has a very unorthodox running style and has also been criticized frequently for carrying the ball recklessly. Didn't matter to Garrett. If there's on team that can live with Michael's lack of fundamentals, it's probably them.

And probably speaks to why they were presumably the only takers.

SUhawk

Reaction score
This must mean that the black beast is looking GREAT!

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
vin.couve12":2q4gqvut said:
We now have absolutely zero starting RB potential outside of Marshawn. Rawls' talent level is that of a career backup and Jackson is the consummate career backup. Hopefully we can claim some high level talent.
C'mon Vin. You know all we need is Marshawn. And his boy Freddy to give him a breather. It's all good brother

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
DavidSeven":afqp7w3l said:
FlyingGreg":afqp7w3l said:

Second, what "legit" pro tape (regular season games, since pre-season doesn't count) does Michael have?:

Well, it takes two sides consummate a car sale too, but I'm not sure everyone walks out of the dealership with the best deal for that reason alone.

For purposes of reviewing talent, why wouldn't preseason tape matter?

You are missing the point. We got what we got for Michael because that's the league's perceived value of him. We may think we should get more than a conditional 7th, but that's not how it went down.

Pre-season tape does matter, just like Rawls pre-season tape matters.... and Rawls looks much more suited to our system than Michael has, and that's without the three years of experience in the system that Michael has. They have been high on Rawls all off-season.

But to call Michael's tape "legit" is a stretch. Michael had his chances and he didn't get it done here. He had a nice game against the Giants last season, including that long run he almost took to the house. But there is a reason he didn't see any action in the post-season.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Really not looking forward to facing him this season or potentially the post season. Everybody spewing about how bad he was, but now were essentially back to ground zero as far as life after Lynch goes. Rawls impressed in preseason play, but I worry what happens the first time he messes up in a game situation. Will we be seeing the same things being said about Rawls. Hope not.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
kearly":20sfzlqt said:
If you're gonna give Michael away for free, then literally any team would be better than Dallas.

Part of me thinks that Pete did this as a favor to Michael. There is absolutely no better situation for him in the NFL than the Cowboys.

I hate to root for failure, but I hope like hell this trade doesn't haunt us. Would never be happier in my life to miss out on a 7th round pick if he bombs there.

I don't understand why he wasn't just cut and let a bottom team pick him up. I feel it's worth the 7th just to make sure he's not with Dallas.

OTOH, we all know how to strip the ball from him, we know he's not going to switch, we've read his book.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1nvjd5g5 said:
vin.couve12":1nvjd5g5 said:
C'mon Vin. You know all we need is Marshawn. And his boy Freddy to give him a breather. It's all good brother
Part of Lynch's being the league best RB the last 4 years really has been the health part of his toughness.

He's always there.

I get what you're saying and hope it continues. I hope...

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":3fzsaa4o said:
Really not looking forward to facing him this season or potentially the post season. Everybody spewing about how bad he was, but now were essentially back to ground zero as far as life after Lynch goes. Rawls impressed in preseason play, but I worry what happens the first time he messes up in a game situation. Will we be seeing the same things being said about Rawls. Hope not.
Rawls impressed when he was given a run lane and could get N/S. Not unlike Turbo, he also showed an inability to create when the running lane wasn't there.

He's a career backup.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Just wait til' Michael either fails to pick up a blitzing LB and Romo gets creamed, or he fumbles the ball on a crucial drive.

One or both of these WILL happen, and I will be the first to :lol: