C Mike traded to Dallas for Conditional 7th rounder

The Dirty Truth

Reaction score
Have any of you guys ever watched C Mike play? He isn't very good and he won't be any good in Dallas. As a matter of fact I can't wait to hear all of you when Dallas has nothing for a running game this year.

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
The Dirty Truth":1s7h6ta2 said:
Have any of you guys ever watched C Mike play? He isn't very good and he won't be any good in Dallas. As a matter of fact I can't wait to hear all of you when Dallas has nothing for a running game this year.
Even Dallas is concerned. The conditional 7th rounder is based on him staying on the team for enough games. I think even they have doubts he is good enough.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
The 2013 Draft Revisited

(1) traded for Percy Harvin
(2) Christine Michael
(3) Jordan Hill
(4) Chris Harper
(5) Jesse Williams
(5) Tharold Simon
(5) Luke Willson
(6) Spencer Ware
(7) Ryan Seymour
(7) Ty Powell
(7) Jared Smith
(7) Michael Bowie

Love JS ... But yikes... This is shaping up to be one dreadful class.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1b25927z said:
The 2013 Draft Revisited

(2) Christine Michael
(3) Jordan Hill
(4) Chris Harper
(5) Jesse Williams
(5) Tharold Simon
(5) Luke Willson
(6) Spencer Ware
(7) Ryan Seymour
(7) Ty Powell
(7) Jared Smith
(7) Michael Bowie

Everyone's 2013 draft was pretty bad. On a positive note . . .

Jordan Hill and Tharold Simon BEASTED this preseason. And Luke Willson wasn't bad.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
HawkFan72":3bdprrx4 said:
Tical21":3bdprrx4 said:
So when Marshawn wins a Super Bowl this season and retires, I guess it's Rawls time?

I don't think our next RB is on the roster right now.

I think that Tical was TRYING to be funny, it should be obvious to everyone by now, that when Marshawn Lynch decides to hang up his Beast Cleats, that JS & Co. are going to be on an almost impossible mission to finding another
Once In A Decade RB to take his place.
Rawls (in the meantime) will be apprenticing behind one of the best, I just hope that he picks up some of what ML is laying down.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
scutterhawk":edmed4ev said:
HawkFan72":edmed4ev said:
Tical21":edmed4ev said:
So when Marshawn wins a Super Bowl this season and retires, I guess it's Rawls time?

I don't think our next RB is on the roster right now.

I think that Tical was TRYING to be funny, it should be obvious to everyone by now, that when Marshawn Lynch decides to hang up his Beast Cleats, that JS & Co. are going to be on an almost impossible mission to finding another
Once In A Decade RB to take his place.
Rawls (in the meantime) will be apprenticing behind one of the best, I just hope that he picks up some of what ML is laying down.

If and when Marshawn hangs it up, we will draft and/or trade for a good RB.

blkhwk

Reaction score
I think everyone needs to relax. Can't think of many PC/JS cuts ( and that's what this really is), who b have become great after leaving Seattle.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I agree with Kearly that his move may be something done as a favor to Michael. Going to his hometown team where he has a chance to start. I think this deal is a win-win-win situation for all those involved. The Seahawks got some value for a player who didn't fit their team or system. The Cowboys got a running back with tremendous potential and talent which they need since no one has taken or solidified that position. And Christine Michael has a chance to become a starting running back. Maybe this is a case where getting more reps, etc helps him. Which he wasn't going to do in Seattle with Lynch here.

In essence, I think the Seahawks showed they will do the right thing in a player's interest as well. If it's not working for the player here, they will look at a situation and do what's right for both parties. This trade was done with the hopes of helping Michael out than anything else. He's from Texas and he's going to a playoff contender team not a cellar dweller. Another item that makes coming here more attractive for other players. This is the PC/JS way....could they have gotten more than they did? maybe or maybe not. Maybe they were offered more but the situation was not good for Michael. They've been with this player for 3 years. Maybe they genuinely like Michael and want him to succeed so they give him a chance to do so with another team.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
hawknation2015":8lcloe0u said:
Hasselbeck":8lcloe0u said:
The 2013 Draft Revisited

(2) Christine Michael
(3) Jordan Hill
(4) Chris Harper
(5) Jesse Williams
(5) Tharold Simon
(5) Luke Willson
(6) Spencer Ware
(7) Ryan Seymour
(7) Ty Powell
(7) Jared Smith
(7) Michael Bowie

Everyone's 2013 draft was pretty bad. On a positive note . . .

Jordan Hill and Tharold Simon BEASTED this preseason. And Luke Willson wasn't bad.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing after looking back at the 2013 draft. Missed out on DeAndre Hopkins by trading for Percy.
The player I was hoping for back in that draft was Tyrann Mathieu... drafted 7 spots after Michael.

Ty Powell has stuck around with Buffalo, currently on IR, I think. Part of the problem with the 2013 Seahawks draft is that the 2012 Seahawks draft was one for the ages.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
blkhwk":a2u9zc0d said:
I think everyone needs to relax. Can't think of many PC/JS cuts ( and that's what this really is), who b have become great after leaving Seattle.

Justin Forsett seems to be doing ok but he's not great. So you're correct that not many are doing that great. .

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I would have kept him for the price we got back. Clearly no one else in the league thought that highly of C-Mike either. Man, our RB depth seems iffy going into next year now................

chet380

Reaction score
Fade":2941dmei said:
Ahman Green part 2.

100% agreed -- the kid never had a real chance here.

With that elite Dallas O-line, he will have his chance to prove himself and if he comes back to haunt the Hawks in a post-season game, the haters here will go wild.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
chet380":1odfrk9k said:
Fade":1odfrk9k said:
Ahman Green part 2.

100% agreed -- the kid never had a real chance here.

With that elite Dallas O-line, he will have his chance to prove himself and if he comes back to haunt the Hawks in a post-season game, the haters here will go wild.

:179417:

Happy

Reaction score
He couldn't or wouldn't learn how to secure the rock. that ain't gonna get it done on a pete carroll football team. it seems like they tried to coach him up and he didn't take to it.

whatevs. at least jackson is a good blocker, net gain.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
The flip side of this coin is that rawls now has it all to play for! Turbin was never going to be a proper replacement for Lynch. Michael was to be that guy. Next man up.

SeaToTheHawks

Reaction score
I have to chuckle at the overreaction. There's a chance Christine Michael will barely even see the field for Dallas this year and won't even be on the team next year. Sure, good line, bla bla, but Michael really never showed anything in our system, so what's to say he will there. All you picking him up in your fantasy leagues thinking you're geniuses, I bet you drop him by week 4 and if you don't, it's just stubbornness.

In fact, I'm making the above my signature.

Latest posts