Cable on the 49ers radar

firebee

Reaction score
Question is... Who do we replace Bevell and Cable with if Bevell lands an HC gig somewhere else and Cable lands an HC gig in San Fran? Who are the candidates out there that can take over our offense and make it effective?

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
firebee":2ar7qre9 said:
Question is... Who do we replace Bevell and Cable with if Bevell lands an HC gig somewhere else and Cable lands an HC gig in San Fran? Who are the candidates out there that can take over our offense and make it effective?

I'm sure that there will be several "knocking on Pete's door" should the opportunity come up. :roll:

Seymour

Reaction score
firebee":uopr0cyb said:

My vote would be for Dorf. He'd be a serious improvement!

51qMrWapsiL SY300

Mojambo

Reaction score
Hoping and praying. Would love to see the big athletes they've collected for this line in a less complicated man blocking scheme.

Speaking of which, is there any indication that Pete Carroll has an affinity for the ZBS that goes beyond Cable's influence?

Seymour

Reaction score
soohawk":1uzaw6tn said:
He is a worthless piece of shit....a shit stain on society

he should be shot for hitting a woman and dead for doing it multiple times

+1000.
No, not too harsh IMO. You don't stoop or crawl much lower than the snake....and Cable is THE snake. Big tough man, and bigshot beating on women.

chris98251

Reaction score
Not just Cable, two front office guys as well in personnel and scouting I believe, they are also looking at Green Bays Front office guy Eliot Wolf, two teams that have had their number over the last few years, guess if you can't beat them hire them.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Mojambo":3r993giy said:
Hoping and praying. Would love to see the big athletes they've collected for this line in a less complicated man blocking scheme.

Speaking of which, is there any indication that Pete Carroll has an affinity for the ZBS that goes beyond Cable's influence?

Didn't Carroll hire somebody his first year that was a ZBS person but then he retired/quit and then hired Cable? My memory might well be hazy.

chris98251

Reaction score
HawkGA":17whno0q said:
Mojambo":17whno0q said:

Didn't Carroll hire somebody his first year that was a ZBS person but then he retired/quit and then hired Cable? My memory might well be hazy.

Alex Gibbs I believe.

Alex Gibbs is a former NFL offensive line coach and former assistant NFL head coach

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Niners will interview Cable next week.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/817027288046960640[/tweet]

pcbball12

Reaction score
Largent80":2jyvvehq said:
Popeyejones":2jyvvehq said:
sdog1981":2jyvvehq said:
Cable is lucky to have job at all, IMO, and even considering him for a HC gig is a stain on any organization.

Yeah, his "stain" took us to two superbowls while your team regressed into the pile of Hank it is right now. That being said, I can't stand his ZBS and I hope you get him.
Unfortunately for you, I think we will stay with a ZBS even if Cable leaves. It is one of Pete's core philosophies, going back to USC. Before going there, he studied Denver's ZBS with Gibbs and Shanahan and knew if he ever got a shot again that was going to be a staple for him. It is why he hired Gibbs when he got to Seattle to implement it, and then went after Cable who also ran a ZBS. So if Cable goes, I believe the ZBS will still be here with whoever he brings in to replace him.

Largent80

Reaction score
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: please take him. We had Gibbs and he stunk too. Whatever, we don't have Lynch so this isn't going to work. The coaches are the coaches, and will do whatever, but I'm not renewing my Sunday Ticket next year. Tired of paying to watch this handling of an o-line, such an important part of offensive success.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Just as an update, as predicted a bit above, Jed York is already getting crap in local media and 9ers coverage for bringing in Cable for an interview.

Even the beat reporters (who don't really express opinions, as is their job) seem to making a point of including his multiple domestic violence accusations in their summary of him.

Another thing that I didn't think of that's being brought up a fair amount:

Despite being on I.R. for forever Ian Williams is really popular in the 9ers locker room, and bringing in Cable would likely cause a lot of discord with the defensive line unit at least, if not wider (it was the Cable coached JR Sweezy who effectively probably ended Williams' career on a dirty cut block in '13 -- cut blocks are legal of course, but practically everyone in the NFL thinks they're pretty dirty too).