Calling my shot: Seattle is hosting the NFC Championship

seahawksny

Reaction score
If we host the NFC title Game, I think it will be agianst the Giants, not Green Bay.
Im not convinced Manning can be beaten in playoffs yet. Dont think GB Defense is good enough

If we get past Detroit, the one thing that would be give me confidence is that we always play up or down to our lever of competition. I could see us playing them in a shoot outs, which doesnt work in our favor, but I dont see us beating them any other way

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I'm not sure we host it, but I like our path. Probably the easiest and most open path to the SB for the NFC in the past few years.

seahawksny

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1xe63ouo said:
I'm not sure we host it, but I like our path. Probably the easiest and most open path to the SB for the NFC in the past few years.

Quite honestly
The only team i see us beating is detroit
Without earl, and not much of a running game, I'd say it's the toughest we have faced in years

nash72

Reaction score
We just lost to a 5 win team and should have lost to a 2 win team and we're all of sudden going to go into Atlanta and beat the Falcons in round 2 of the playoffs? Yeah, that'll happen.

ACFan

Reaction score
JSeahawks":4okf46uu said:
We're going to be a 9 point favorite or so vs Detroit. Then we have to go into Atlanta, which will be really tough, but we've beat them once this year.

If Green Bay stays hot they beat the Giants next week, Rodgers vs a rookie in Dallas... i like Green Bay.

In that scenario its Green Bay at Seattle for the NFC Title.

I'm on board with you bro. and we'll beat GB.

and if we end up having to go to Dallas instead, we'll beat them too. Falcons or anyone else that's in the way.

heck yea. I'm in.

ACFan

Reaction score
We can't do it the way we've been playing.

But we can change and play better, just watch..

IndyHawk

Reaction score
ACFan":1ft4enzz said:
JSeahawks":1ft4enzz said:
We're going to be a 9 point favorite or so vs Detroit. Then we have to go into Atlanta, which will be really tough, but we've beat them once this year.

If Green Bay stays hot they beat the Giants next week, Rodgers vs a rookie in Dallas... i like Green Bay.

I'm on board with you bro. and we'll beat GB.

and if we end up having to go to Dallas instead, we'll beat them too. Falcons or anyone else that's in the way.

heck yea. I'm in.
The only way we play at Dallas is if we win 2 games and they win their first game..

ptisme

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":3tumrzf8 said:
I have to disagree... This is a very tough NFC field... From my perspective (Packers) if the other teams that are supposed to win do so you're looking at:
NYG
ATL
Dallas.....

That's Brutal...

You get Detroit but then you have to go to Atlanta and then to Dallas if it plays out the way it's supposed to... At Atlanta and at Dallas does NOT sound "easy"....

And If Green Bay upsets Dallas you will be facing a team that has manhandled you up front on both sides of the ball the last two years...

idahohawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":so6fv9ag said:

Grumpy-Cat-NO-1.jpg

bighawk

Reaction score
Unless Earl Thomas can comeback and play on defense then I can't see it happening. I hope it happens but my confidence level in the o-line and the defense is too low.

ptisme

Reaction score
seahawksny":d37ovkoh said:
If we host the NFC title Game, I think it will be agianst the Giants, not Green Bay.
Im not convinced Manning can be beaten in playoffs yet. Dont think GB Defense is good enough

If we get past Detroit, the one thing that would be give me confidence is that we always play up or down to our lever of competition. I could see us playing them in a shoot outs, which doesnt work in our favor, but I dont see us beating them any other way
NY has the combination of rush defense and pass defense to beat both Green Bay and Dallas... It's their pass protection that could allow the wheels to come off....

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
HawkerD":2fzl6lbg said:
Hasselbeck":2fzl6lbg said:
TwistedHusky":2fzl6lbg said:
We barely beat Atlanta AT HOME with a healthy Earl Thomas, but you think we beat a Falcons team that is firing on a lot more cylinders than we are going into the playoffs?

OK well it sounds like a fantastic dream, but it sounds more like a dream than a reality.

Hope you are right but it doesn't sound likely.

The playoffs have produced crazier results. Definitely a challenge but the Falcons defense is not good. Stranger things have happened.

Who cares if the Falcon's DEF is bad? We played a horrible defense yesterday and won only because SF turned the ball over. SEA offense is HORRIBLE. No Rhythm, No Run Game. No Pass Protection. Where was the evidence that this OL was going to be able to play at anything resembling an NFL level. Thankfully we do not design airplanes the way the front office built this team.

The 2008 Patriots are going to murder the Giants. Why even watch?

A 7-9 Seahawks team against the defending Champs?! Why even watch?

The 73 win Warriors are up 3-1 on the Cavs.. Well this is over. Why even watch?

Sports have a funny way of providing the unexpected. Is it likely we beat the Falcons, Cowboys, Packers or Giants the way we've been playing lately? No. But that doesn't mean it's impossible.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
ptisme":2gg4i3f5 said:
seahawksny":2gg4i3f5 said:

NY has the combination of rush defense and pass defense to beat both Green Bay and Dallas... It's their pass protection that could allow the wheels to come off....

That and the fact their entire offense is pretty much "throw to OBJ"

The Packers are the better team at this point.

ptisme

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2vq1wh7x said:
ptisme":2vq1wh7x said:
seahawksny":2vq1wh7x said:

That and the fact their entire offense is pretty much "throw to OBJ"

The Packers are the better team at this point.
Don't underestimate the effing mess that is the Packers secondary...

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Largent80":3ec9ksht said:
The NFC is anything but brutal. Anything Is possible.

I would have agreed with you a month ago, but Dallas, Atlanta and GB are playing very well right now, and you could make a case for the Giants as well.

Not impossible by any means, but every team other than the Lions are playing better than us right now.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I'm sorry, but if the Hawks get past Detroit they are gonna get straight murdered by the Falcons the following week.

NJlargent

Reaction score
I think the only chance we have in the playoffs is for the D-Line to play out of their minds and have constant pressure. I would be surprised if that happens based upon recent history. If it does, we have a shot.

Assuming we win against Detroit, I think the NFCCG is Green Bay/NY winner at Atlanta. I think the Giants beat Atlanta, but I think Atlanta beats Green Bay. If we lose to Detroit, Its going to be GB/NY winner at Dallas and I think the Giants beat Dallas, whereas GB loses that matchup in a shoot-out.

I could see GB blowing the Giants doors off too, but if NY wins that game I think they are winning the owl. They are a good coached team, winning without superstars and staying together.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
JSeahawks":27icgcw7 said:

Hope so. This team can win or lose to any team, anywhere. I have confidence in them.