Calling my shot: Seattle is hosting the NFC Championship

Foghawk

Reaction score
Jimjones0384":272tyy6z said:
This team can win or lose to any team, anywhere. I have confidence in them.

:lol:

That's horrible! What an awesome thing to say!

ptisme

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1md7aybi said:
Largent80":1md7aybi said:
The NFC is anything but brutal. Anything Is possible.

I would have agreed with you a month ago, but Dallas, Atlanta and GB are playing very well right now, and you could make a case for the Giants as well.

Not impossible by any means, but every team other than the Lions are playing better than us right now.
Whoever comes out of the NFC is going to be extremely battle tested...

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
Another thing we are over looking is, that teams usually don't run their standard high flying attacks in the playoffs. It truly does come down to the T.O ratio. Teams will run a lot more and play the field position battle.

Yes some of the teams have scary offenses, but they're either un tested or have been absolutely horse manure in the playoffs in the past few years.

Green Bay is notorious for choking in the playoffs. A-rod has been playing ungodly but I don't think he even survives the Giants this week. Outside of our Hawks, I believe only the Giants have the right formula to play playoff style football.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
I would like to believe the philosophy of coach Carroll that "next man up" and "this is your big chance" to propel us through the lions game. I refuse to consider any possible game until after we secure and dispose the task in hand.

ptisme

Reaction score
ApnaHawk":12ezxekf said:
Green Bay is notorious for choking in the playoffs

Give me one example of this... Wait... Nevermind....

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No team in the NFC is w/out a weakness. It's wide open. Hawks are as capable as anyone. And if they get that NFC Championship, boom. We don't lose NFC Championship games at home.

ptisme

Reaction score
ApnaHawk":wwalvvtq said:
Another thing we are over looking is, that teams usually don't run their standard high flying attacks in the playoffs. It truly does come down to the T.O ratio. Teams will run a lot more and play the field position battle.

Yes some of the teams have scary offenses, but they're either un tested or have been absolutely horse manure in the playoffs in the past few years.

Green Bay is notorious for choking in the playoffs. A-rod has been playing ungodly but I don't think he even survives the Giants this week. Outside of our Hawks, I believe only the Giants have the right formula to play playoff style football.
I think there might be some truth to that but I'd also say defenses tend to not take as many chances as well...

Vetamur

Reaction score
ABirdOfPrey":3dxzoudd said:
My Falcons played the 49ers recently and destroyed them soundly. The Seahawks struggled. Falcons will embarrass them in Atlanta. Can't wait for some payback for that no call....

I mean, I guess you gotta hang your hat on something..but if you actually took this line of thought anywhere except for the time it indicates what you need it to, youd just go insane. Thats not how football works. Its not some super simple algebra equation.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
This was so close to being true, our team just had to hold our end of the bargain *sigh*

HawkFan72

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2vhtsloh said:
Ah well. It was a fun shot to call.

Damn KPL.

Yeah. Basically you can point to that penalty as the one that caused the game to unravel. Would love to see an alternate reality version of this game to see how it would have played out without the penalty.

Latest posts