Camp Fights

chris98251

Reaction score
vin.couve12":382j5e40 said:
If that's the case then you could go back to the old west and say the same thing. I don't see much difference between gangs and posses then vs now, but that ain't the point.

Yeah but Gangs back then were gangs and posses's were sent out to round up people that had no ethics. Today everyone on the street is now programmed with get a bigger gun or more people to make sure we win at all costs.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
The same kind of chicken shit rationalization it takes to "settle the score" like that, is what it would take to strike a female also. I don't care much for Ifedi (shocking I know), but Clark was wrong here and I suspect we will see more of this type of stuff from him in the future.

Chapow

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":3v9qs2k8 said:

Yikes. He basically hid behind other guys while sneaking up on Ifedi and then just unloaded on him when he got close enough to do so. Those pictures make it look intentional, premeditated, and brutal. He clearly hit him as hard as he could.

I don't even know what else to say. That was really, really bad.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Chapow":lz8qzqda said:
LeftHandSmoke":lz8qzqda said:

Yikes. He basically hid behind other guys while sneaking up on Ifedi and then just unloaded on him when he got close enough to do so. Those pictures make it look intentional, premeditated, and brutal. He clearly hit him as hard as he could.

I don't even know what else to say. That was really, really bad.
Yes, there's no way he let Ifedi see him coming.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
I didn't see this in the thread (and don't care to read 24356 posts telling a kid to get off their lawn), so here's a description of the situation from Greg Bell...

The entire mess began where most training-camp fights do: during the no-holes-barred alley fights that are the one-on-one pass rushing drills between offensive and defensive linemen. The Seahawks were wearing helmets and shoulder pads on Thursday.

Newly acquired defensive tackle Rodney Coe lost his balance while engaged with backup center/guard Will Pericak at the end of a snap. While starting to fall Coe grabbed Pericak near the shoulder and threw him 10 yards behind the drill into a water bucket parked on the grass. Fans about 10 yards away gasped, then started nabbing photos with their smart phones.

Justin Britt and Rees Odhiambo were the first two to come to the defense of Pericak, their fellow offensive linemen. Then all Hades broke loose. Clark got into the fray with a flying punch that glanced off the mosh pit. Pushing and shoving followed. Coaches intervened. For the moment it was calm enough to reset for the next snap.

Then Ifedi, not in for the next snap, charged into a gaggle of defensive ends and tackles standing off the side of the drill. That’s when Clark jumped in, as if off a top rope of a pro wrestling ring.

But his flying punch was absolutely real. And damaging.

http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/nf ... 98092.html

It seems like it's a bit more grey than many thought at the time. Take into consideration that Ifedi has created a pattern at this point of getting into scuffles with VETERAN players (Bennett, Sherman), and then he "charged into a gaggle of defensive ends and tackles standing off the side of the drill," it's really hard to feel sorry for the guy.

Of course sucker punching a teammate, or punching anyone while we're at it,is wrong. The guy lost his head, had to sit some practices and work it out internally. Nothing else to see here.

Edited by Staff.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Major props to Clark for coming out and owning up to it. Don't agree with what he did, but it's still nice to see him come out and make it known he was sorry and in the wrong here.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
JGfromtheNW":12fl76nt said:
It seems like it's a bit more grey than many thought at the time. Take into consideration that Ifedi has created a pattern at this point of getting into scuffles with VETERAN players (Bennett, Sherman), and then he "charged into a gaggle of defensive ends and tackles standing off the side of the drill," it's really hard to feel sorry for the guy.

Of course sucker punching a teammate, or punching anyone while we're at it,is wrong. The guy lost his head, had to sit some practices and work it out internally. Nothing else to see here.

Edited by Staff.

Grey indeed, I'm still not convinced that we're getting the whole story here, I mean we don't really know that there wasn't some bullying by one or two Defensive players going on there.
Personality conflicts happen all the time, especially with clique gatherings, in this case, Defense against Offense wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility.
Could be that Ifedi felt that he was being targeted/bullied, MAYBE, just MAYBE a carry over from last Season, now I'm not saying that's what brought this whole thing about, but, I do believe there's more to the story than Ifedi just having a crap attitude.
Too much info missing to lay blame on Ifedi, could it be that he was fed up with the clique mentality, and was retaliating to something that was being said by the guys that were standing on the sidelines, and not in the play, we do not KNOW, but SOMETHING must have been said or done to set him off.
I could be wrong about this whole gig, but something seemed to have pushed Ifedi's snarky button..... standing up for ones self is suppose to be a good thing, no?
I love Clarks aggressiveness and dirt-bagery, it serves him well, would just like to see a little more professionalism from him.

chris98251

Reaction score
Ifedi was drafted because he had an attitude and was athletic, a Cable guy, somewhat in the Mold of Sweezy, he has been "Bullying guys for years, he just ran into a bigger dog with more fight. Ifedi has had a history of fighting and being chippy. Works fine when your protecting your own QB and players, he just was against our own defense who also has a reputation of being physical, it went to far but Ifedi is no victim in this.