Camps to OPEN

Uncle Si

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":3ahjeodk said:
poly1274":3ahjeodk said:
Uncle Si":3ahjeodk said:
chris98251":3ahjeodk said:
That's what they were saying in January or February, so far it's worked great, right?

Im not sure what youre asking. It's working for 4 different professional soccer leagues in Europe?

Europe.

USA is different.

Exactly.

Our curves keep going up. That's exactly not what's going on in Europe.

Not only does American football require more contact, it requires more people.

Whats that have to do with testing the player before training?

Britain is a mess.. biggest spectator league in sports is almost finished their season there.. less than 25 positives.

Its amazing how easily someone can convince themselves something can't be done.

Players want a plan. So did soccer. They got it. Pretty quickly.

chris98251

Reaction score
Uncle Si":i201e7gq said:
SantaClaraHawk":i201e7gq said:
poly1274":i201e7gq said:
Uncle Si":i201e7gq said:
Im not sure what youre asking. It's working for 4 different professional soccer leagues in Europe?

Europe.

USA is different.

Exactly.

Our curves keep going up. That's exactly not what's going on in Europe.

Not only does American football require more contact, it requires more people.

Whats that have to do with testing the player before training?

Britain is a mess.. biggest spectator league in sports is almost finished their season there.. less than 25 positives.

Its amazing how easily someone can convince themselves something can't be done.

Players want a plan. So did soccer. They got it. Pretty quickly.

Except we are in a country where the President wants to kill off most the population by ignoring the Virus.

beastalamode

Reaction score
What's really sad is that the stars are the ones complaining about the situation for the most part, not the rooks. Russ and DeMarcus are afraid about their pregnant wives, ok then dont be around them for 4 months. Harsh? Some times tough choices must be made if you wanna make big money.

I guarantee you 90 percent of the rooks wanna play, they know their nfl window is small and they wanna cash in. If they dont play this year it will be basically 20+ rooks in camp next year.

Again it's the privileged ones that have made bank who want out, not the young unproven players.

beastalamode

Reaction score
Not a good look, rich privilege.

How many essential workers with pregnant wives have no choice but to work thru this crisis?

Throwdown

Reaction score
beastalamode":5xuht214 said:

How many essential workers with pregnant wives have no choice but to work thru this crisis?

when was sports essential?

The players don't have to show up, if the league isnt keeping them safe, they shouldn't show up.

DK Metcalf is a 2nd year guy and said something, its not just the stars. If they aren't safe, they shouldn't play.

xray

Reaction score
i get a feeling that some of the star players will refuse to show up unless the NFL lays out a plan of virus safety that makes sense to everyone .

xray

Reaction score
Throwdown":49qwnhl7 said:
beastalamode":49qwnhl7 said:

The players don't have to show up, if the league isnt keeping them safe, they shouldn't show up.

DK Metcalf is a 2nd year guy and said something, its not just the stars. If they aren't safe, they shouldn't play.

That's correct . Sports is entertainment and not a necessity . Movie and TV productions have been suspended long ago because of the virus . None of that is essential .

Mad Dog

Reaction score
xray":2jwhhou0 said:
Throwdown":2jwhhou0 said:
beastalamode":2jwhhou0 said:

That's correct . Sports is entertainment and not a necessity . Movie and TV productions have been suspended long ago because of the virus . None of that is essential .

I'd say for some people that sports is a religion and religion has been made essential. So there's that. If people can gather to sing songs and pray (something that is easily doable in your home quarantined) to soothe their psych, then I'm not sure why sports aren't being made essential for the large group that uses sport to ease their psyche.

But as an aside I think opening both churches and sports in an out of control pandemic is foolish. Someone needs to step up and say: " Hey people of the US, we will only open things up if you can collectively get your testing positivity rate down to less that 5%. Until you do that, nothing normal happens. So take some responsibility and wash your hands, stay at home as much as you can and wear masks when in busy places. Enough already."

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1jv4fbkw said:
chris98251":1jv4fbkw said:
I would be surprised to see them get thru a week of camps without a few hits which will create a domino effect.

Isolatate the positives, test regularly, move on.

Not sure why this is a struggle

Well so far we have seen 7 months of the federal government dropping the ball at pretty much every single possible turn with this crisis... and you're expecting it to suddenly become perfect just before football? Give me a break.

Football isn't happening this year.

beastalamode

Reaction score
Not one person in this thread is sticking up for essential workers. I've never seen so much coddling of rich people in one place, the excuses being made for them are hilarious!

Meanwhile poor people are being forced to:

pick your fruits and veggies

make your food for you at restaurants while they are surrounded by others

drive you places

deliver you packages after spending their days in warehouses surrounded by others

Mad Dog

Reaction score
beastalamode":31vlxhrx said:
Not one person in this thread is sticking up for essential workers. I've never seen so much coddling of rich people in one place, the excuses being made for them are hilarious!

drive you places

deliver you packages after spending their days in warehouses surrounded by others

well largely because farm work, warehouse work, restaurant work is unrelated to football and this is a football forum.

The biggest disregard in this whole business has been to health care workers if you want to talk seriously about this. It's been estimated that over 1000 doctors and nurses have died globally of COVID19. That's a pretty big carnage for non-combatants merely doing their jobs to try to save peoples lives. They must be sick to death watching what's going on in Miami, Houston and Phoenix.

But back to football season: if we want it to come back, a serious reckoning needs to be had. And time is running out. EU soccer leagues came back because people followed health recommendations and got their test positivity rates down low enough to meet WHO guidelines.

Throwdown

Reaction score
beastalamode":2vykvzo0 said:

drive you places

I am an essential worker, I work in the emergency department of a hospital in the South sound. The longer this spreads the longer I’m at risk. Thats why I’m saying we shouldn’t do any of this, nothing, nada, zilch. I wish we were still on lockdown and forced everyone to wear a mask as well.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Also what do you think happens with these delivery people, and grocery store people during game day? They get to run around more than usual and expose themselves to this potentially. So I don’t understand what point you’re trying to make.

beastalamode

Reaction score
The season is happening.

NFL and the players union just came to an agreement on testing, and the NBA just announced that ZERO out of 346 players tested positive in the latest round of tests.

chris98251

Reaction score
beastalamode":2x54xm4g said:
The season is happening.

NFL and the players union just came to an agreement on testing, and the NBA just announced that ZERO out of 346 players tested positive in the latest round of tests.

Are those from the CDC or the WH numbers?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
beastalamode":10o38ihg said:

drive you places

Whats that have to do with this?

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
chris98251":yvizq3p9 said:
beastalamode":yvizq3p9 said:
The season is happening.

Are those from the CDC or the WH numbers?

COVID-19 is a political disease.....period. We can "beat out gums together" until Christmas and not resolve how humanity ought to react to this disease.

beastalamode

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1us5bdmt said:
beastalamode":1us5bdmt said:

drive you places

Whats that have to do with this?

It shows how many people give no s***s about poor people, yet have bleeding hearts about rich people who can afford the best medical treatment money can buy. I mean people SAY they care, but they only say that when their friends are close enough to hear. So virtuous!