Camps to OPEN

Uncle Si

Reaction score
beastalamode":fgrxeal4 said:
Uncle Si":fgrxeal4 said:
beastalamode":fgrxeal4 said:
Not one person in this thread is sticking up for essential workers. I've never seen so much coddling of rich people in one place, the excuses being made for them are hilarious!

Meanwhile poor people are being forced to:

pick your fruits and veggies

make your food for you at restaurants while they are surrounded by others

drive you places

deliver you packages after spending their days in warehouses surrounded by others

Whats that have to do with this?

It shows how many people give no s***s about poor people, yet have bleeding hearts about rich people who can afford the best medical treatment money can buy. I mean people SAY they care, but they only say that when their friends are close enough to hear. So virtuous!

No it doesnt..

This is a football forum, people talking about football. Its context is always far removed from real life, as is the discussions surrounding it.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Florio's saying he heard there won't be any preseason games, whereas FieldGulls is saying there will be one preseason game only. All players/core personnel are supposed to be tested daily and any positive case is supposed to go on modified IR for three weeks, test negative, and then return to practice.

It's akin to what the White House has been doing in terms of testing. But even there, there have been cases. Its by no means foolproof. There still isn't a plan on what happens when someone pops positive right after a game in which they were involved in a scrum pile. It takes 3-5 days for positives to even register, so what happens to all those guys in the meantime?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Its a pandemic... of course there will be cases. But routine testing and isolation procedures will minimize the numbers drastically.

NHL has done a good job so far, as well.

12th Dimension

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":2donhifk said:
Florio's saying he heard there won't be any preseason games, whereas FieldGulls is saying there will be one preseason game only. All players/core personnel are supposed to be tested daily and any positive case is supposed to go on modified IR for three weeks, test negative, and then return to practice.

It's akin to what the White House has been doing in terms of testing. But even there, there have been cases. Its by no means foolproof. There still isn't a plan on what happens when someone pops positive right after a game in which they were involved in a scrum pile. It takes 3-5 days for positives to even register, so what happens to all those guys in the meantime?

Why would they test right after a game. Testing should be done remotely, before accessing the main facility. Like all things in life, there are no guarantees. To answer your question, I would imagine when they pop a positive, they would be isolated for a period of time deemed sufficient by a NFLPA physician and the team doctor.

Other sports are up and running.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
12th Dimension":39fl9l3f said:
SantaClaraHawk":39fl9l3f said:

Why would they test right after a game. Testing should be done remotely, before accessing the main facility. Like all things in life, there are no guarantees. To answer your question, I would imagine when they pop a positive, they would be isolated for a period of time deemed sufficient by a NFLPA physician and the team doctor.

Other sports are up and running.

And doing it exactly as you described.

Not sure why its not sinking in with some.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":60uk7jf4 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/dkm14/status/1284907099747540992[/tweet]

https://twitter.com/dkm14/status/1284907099747540992

Talk about a "fear factor"!!! Big strong Professional NFL players totally afraid of a disease that hasn't killed one NFL player all year!! Even those who have tested positive have not been hospitalized ....to my knowledge. The average age of someone killed by this disease is 78 years old.

poly1274

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2cbh0qrs said:
Its a pandemic... of course there will be cases. But routine testing and isolation procedures will minimize the numbers drastically.

NHL has done a good job so far, as well.

With today's PFT article it makes a big difference.

If they play just 1 game out of the entire season, they are entitled to all their salary for this year. IMO with this factor being in place, I think they are going to shut down this season, unless there's an agreement from both sides meaning how much money they will get paid.

poly1274

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":1vdeb536 said:
SantaClaraHawk":1vdeb536 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/dkm14/status/1284907099747540992[/tweet]

https://twitter.com/dkm14/status/1284907099747540992

Talk about a "fear factor"!!! Big strong Professional NFL players totally afraid of a disease that hasn't killed one NFL player all year!! Even those who have tested positive have not been hospitalized ....to my knowledge. The average age of someone killed by this disease is 78 years old.

+1 Agree with you and also some of the players are so worried about it, but they want to play football and also get paid. There are people that are laid off in America because of the covid, and these selfish babies want everything right to them.

knownone

Reaction score
This is the least excited I've been for a season in as long as I can remember. I'm already mentally preparing for the talk of covid overshadowing the games. Don't get me wrong, I miss football. This all just feels like an unnecessary head ache for a kids game.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
knownone":35efsnas said:
This is the least excited I've been for a season in as long as I can remember. I'm already mentally preparing for the talk of covid overshadowing the games. Don't get me wrong, I miss football. This all just feels like an unnecessary head ache for a kids game.

What, you're not excited for more arguing between the NFLPA and owners about safety and salary, then 16 weeks of delays and 10 starters out each game because they tested positive.

Unfortunately the NFL can't do what the other pro leagues are doing, which is set up a bubble to control the environment and venues to minimize infections and players not adhering to protocol.

You can't let 1,000 guys between the ages of 21-40 go back to their homes and lives in 32 different cities and not expect a VERY large percentage of them to be stupid and not follow the rules.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2zd91tze said:
knownone":2zd91tze said:

You can't let 1,000 guys between the ages of 21-40 go back to their homes and lives in 32 different cities and not expect a VERY large percentage of them to be stupid and not follow the rules.

Yes you can!!

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Of course you can but the results will likely not be as happy as you'd like them to be.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2mxdwff6 said:
knownone":2mxdwff6 said:

What, you're not excited for more arguing between the NFLPA and owners about safety and salary, then 16 weeks of delays and 10 starters out each game because they tested positive.

Unfortunately the NFL can't do what the other pro leagues are doing, which is set up a bubble to control the environment and venues to minimize infections and players not adhering to protocol.

No you can't.

Andrew Whitworth got together with his family. Everyone was masked and it was mostly outside. Nine people in his family got infected including him.

Johnny Dimes

Reaction score
There’s going to be lots of movement from the FO I bet we pick up Logan Ryan or Everson Griffen before too long