Can Lockett hold up as slot receiver?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
chris98251":3grhbx79 said:
Slot receivers ON THIS TEAM are expected to block for the run game, Locketts size makes this prohibitive or risky, yeah he can run routes there but it stifles some other offensive aspects, Pete likes the run game, he wants blocking.

ALL receivers on this team are expected to block for the run game, what's your point? You don't think Lockett can block.

Slot receivers are also required to run VERY precise routes, know when to break and know how to read defenses in order to sit down in the right zone and be exactly where Russell expects them to be.

It takes rookies years to learn all those nuances, that's why you don't see very many rookie slot receivers.........it's a veteran position, because veterans are the ones who know the system backwards and forwards in order to succeed.

You guys act like Lockett's some fragile bird. He WILL be in the slot, quite often. Get used to it.

toffee

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":zcs0hmty said:
chris98251":zcs0hmty said:
Slot receivers ON THIS TEAM are expected to block for the run game, Locketts size makes this prohibitive or risky, yeah he can run routes there but it stifles some other offensive aspects, Pete likes the run game, he wants blocking.

ALL receivers on this team are expected to block for the run game, what's your point? You don't think Lockett can block.

Slot receivers are also required to run VERY precise routes, know when to break and know how to read defenses in order to sit down in the right zone and be exactly where Russell expects them to be.

It takes rookies years to learn all those nuances, that's why you don't see very many rookie slot receivers.........it's a veteran position, because veterans are the ones who know the system backwards and forwards in order to succeed.

You guys act like Lockett's some fragile bird. He WILL be in the slot, quite often. Get used to it.

Doug was good from the very get go, and stay good with amazing consistency.

D

DomeHawk

toffee":dui6u9t9 said:
Sgt. Largent":dui6u9t9 said:
chris98251":dui6u9t9 said:

Doug was good from the very get go, and stay good with amazing consistency.

Doug has been an incredible Seahawk, one of the best. Both he and Richard Sherman entered the league with a chip on their shoulder that partly was due to their time at Stanford and how Jim Harbaugh treated them.

toffee

Reaction score
Largent80":3q8cji2e said:
Here is something to consider. With a legit deep threat the middle will be softer.

With Metcalf and lockett at x and z, whoever in the middle will enjoy having an easier time.

chris98251

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3elbyxwz said:
chris98251":3elbyxwz said:

So Mister I want to show my large penis how long will Lockett last taking on Linebackers and Safety's that read a play and know he is blocking and know it's a free shot. I would take his ass out in a hot second and save my CB'S the hassle of having to cover him deep as well as eliminate a Special teams return guys.

How many times do you think he could take on Clay Matthews on a run play when he is needing to go thru him to make a tackle.

Get USED to it if they use him there are run plays IR Lockett.

mrt144

Reaction score
chris98251":2hlxdu5t said:
Sgt. Largent":2hlxdu5t said:
chris98251":2hlxdu5t said:

So Mister I want to show my large penis how long will Lockett last taking on Linebackers and Safety's that read a play and know he is blocking and know it's a free shot. I would take his ass out in a hot second and save my CB'S the hassle of having to cover him deep as well as eliminate a Special teams return guys.

How many times do you think he could take on Clay Matthews on a run play when he is needing to go thru him to make a tackle.

I mean, if that's what Schotty has him doing...wait...who are we supposed to be mad at even if this happens? Lockett for strapping on his helmet? Schotty and Pete for once again putting someone illsuited for the rigors of the position as they see it in their minds?

I'm just kinda baffled as to where the ire is going here. Lockett is a good WR, he has wandered into the role of Slot at times, he might not be capable of doing it exactly the way as imagined and he could suffer and the team could suffer. Can the season start tomorrow?

chris98251

Reaction score
mrt144":1pqau9ej said:
chris98251":1pqau9ej said:
Sgt. Largent":1pqau9ej said:
chris98251":1pqau9ej said:

I mean, if that's what Schotty has him doing...wait...who are we supposed to be mad at even if this happens? Lockett for strapping on his helmet? Schotty and Pete for once again putting someone illsuited for the rigors of the position as they see it in their minds?

I'm just kinda baffled as to where the ire is going here. Lockett is a good WR, he has wandered into the role of Slot at times, he might not be capable of doing it exactly the way as imagined and he could suffer and the team could suffer. Can the season start tomorrow?

Could be why they are trying to find someone with a bit more anchor in their bottom to take on that roll, Doug was not a big guy but he was pretty solid top to bottom and we seen the wear and tear it took on him receiving and taken hits inside and blocking.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3prq2jv9 said:
Largent80":3prq2jv9 said:
Sgt. Largent":3prq2jv9 said:
Largent80":3prq2jv9 said:
So?.....Lockett is NOT a true slot WR. In a league full of roll players he is a Swiss army knife. There is no reason at all to assign HIM as a slot receiver only when he's been an outside guy. Especially since he is slight in physicality.

My contention is play a few snaps there, move outside and let the rookies get bruised over the middle.

He's both ...and we will need him as both this year. Since when can't a small, quick smart receiver with great hands play inside?

It's silly to pigeonhole him as only an outside receiver, as evident by him playing inside plenty last year with success.
Crap dude, can you actually read an entire post before responding?...Your response WAS my post.

Maybe don't start off your take with "Lockett is not a slot receiver" and I won't get confused next time.

A couple times in the slot? Only some times? He's not a slot receiver? He's not a traditional slot receiver (what does that even mean) but then he's a Swiss army knife?

Yeah dude I'm the one who's all over the road and confused.

We're saying the same thing, I'm the only one who's being clear and not putting limitations on how often he can play in the slot. How often should he be in the slot? As often as we need him to be, that's the answer.
He's not the only one confused. I was expecting somebody named Sgt Largent 80 to join your conversation at some point.

Own The West

Reaction score
This is the most ridiculous thread I've ever read on .Net

All of you need to go into timeout, and that means no posting on your phone either! :141847_bnono: