Can the Seahawks make it to 10 wins?

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Wow. Interesting how so many thoughts blindly follow the common word of the media here.

Also interesting how some think that they can have it both ways with QBs with the narrative that Russ is an elite QB, but then chalk up a loss just because another elite QB comes to town when said team isn't all that talented overall. It's gotta be one or the other, you can't have both.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Also, careful what you wish for with the passing game. A lot of straight jacket fools got whst they wanted for too long with a pass first offense. Even this season with largely the same OL got torched as a pass first unit.

If you want to go back to 60% passing or more then you're once again asking for offensive sepuku.

If you're bored of them winning then watch some other team.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
vin.couve12":3r2c11fk said:
Also, careful what you wish for with the passing game. A lot of straight jacket fools got whst they wanted for too long with a pass first offense. Even this season with largely the same OL got torched as a pass first unit.

If you want to go back to 60% passing or more then you're once again asking for offensive sepuku.

We can't be pass first because we don't have the personnel for it. Although, the protection Russ is getting now is the best I've seen in a long time.

Schotty is showing however that with a great QB he can do a lot. Russ has been making a lot of tight window throws lately and everyone can see it

chris98251

Reaction score
With pass protection you can read a receiver better and gauge separation and passing windows better, not to mention get more on the ball so it doesn't float and use your mechanics.

It all comes back to the line and running game.

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
I think we trade wins and losses over the next 5, going 3-2, then win 3 of 4 to close it out.

10-6

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
I'm already on record for 11-5 & I'm sticking to it. Our defence is just rounding into form & we're dominating the line of scrimmage on both sides so I'm loving it.

hawks85

Reaction score
Hockey Guy":2s58yccj said:
I'm already on record for 11-5 & I'm sticking to it. Our defence is just rounding into form & we're dominating the line of scrimmage on both sides so I'm loving it.
The only tough away game is the rams but WE will beat them in a couple of weeks. 13-3 we are winning out. As I stated above none of these remaining teams can stop out running game and I don't care about the pass game. It does enough for Wilson to toss some TD's so I am happy. Rams and Chiefs may rack up some yards on us but WE will win both of them. The only threat is the Rams but our running game is as good or better than their pass game, and our defense is better. We have been arguably the best team in football the last 4 weeks. We are very consistent and that will pay off.

toffee

Reaction score
we need 6 wins out of the remaining 9 games? 66% winning? IF we could bully the weak teams, Cardinals and 9ers, we need 3 more wins out of the other 6 games.

Chargers - They have been playing well but it is a home game
at Rams - We have shown we can compete with them but on the road that will be a tough task
Packers - Definitely flaws with this team but Rodgers...
at Panthers - Not sold on Carolina being a good team.

Vikings - Under-performing expectations but still good.

Chiefs - Maybe the best team in the AFC. Really glad it is at home. Maybe they will be resting some guys?

Let's win all the home games?

hawks85

Reaction score
Hockey Guy":2zy4f0k0 said:
The only tough away game is the rams but WE will beat them in a couple of weeks. 13-3 we are winning out. As I stated above none of these remaining teams can stop out running game and I don't care about the pass game. It does enough for Wilson to toss some TD's so I am happy. Rams and Chiefs may rack up some yards on us but WE will win both of them. The only threat is the Rams but our running game is as good or better than their pass game, and our defense is better. We have been arguably the best team in football the last 4 weeks. We are very consistent and that will pay off.

cjcinec56

Reaction score
Next 4 games determine the season. 4-3 so far but The softest part of the schedule. Next 4 games are against playoff caliber teams. Would be amazing to go 2-2 and get to 6-5 entering the last 5 games but 1-3 is more realistic. Seahawks look like a 500 team. The can beat and even dominate the bottom of the pack teams but realistically cannot compete with good teams yet. This four game stretch is brutal and it’s going to test the confidence of this young but improving team.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Scorpion05":1bqbuogl said:
vin.couve12":1bqbuogl said:

We can't be pass first because we don't have the personnel for it. Although, the protection Russ is getting now is the best I've seen in a long time.

Schotty is showing however that with a great QB he can do a lot. Russ has been making a lot of tight window throws lately and everyone can see it
Here's the problem. The real world isn't Madden.

The emphasis on the run game has a severe and direct impact on pass protection. I don't care to repeat myself for the millionth time regarding the symbiotic relationship between the run and pass game as it applies to a defensive front, but you can essentially take it as science. Natural law, gravity, physics in general, etc.

You go back to passing 60% of the time and I guarantee you that pass blocking will break down yet again and the extremely efficient PA passing game will lessen in effectiveness drastically.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
cjcinec56":2t9uqr6a said:
Next 4 games determine the season. 4-3 so far but The softest part of the schedule. Next 4 games are against playoff caliber teams. Would be amazing to go 2-2 and get to 6-5 entering the last 5 games but 1-3 is more realistic. Seahawks look like a 500 team. The can beat and even dominate the bottom of the pack teams but realistically cannot compete with good teams yet. This four game stretch is brutal and it’s going to test the confidence of this young but improving team.

Can't play with the top teams ? We lost to the rams by 2 pts and had a lead 4 times ... They are 8-0 and the TOP team .

vin.couve12

Reaction score
This Seahawks team can compete and win against anyone. They should have won that Rams game. The Seahawks are literally as goodf as anyone in the league because they are balanced and do not rely on any one thing. The Seahawks can beat you in a multitude of ways. THAT is the reality of the situation.

chris98251

Reaction score
The Rams don't want to really have anything depending on the playoffs against the Seahawks, we are like the last team they want to face, watching Green Bay run on them today was nice, the Packers just love Rodgers arm so much they tend to go to it when they have other things working.

I think we give them everything they can handle and we are getting better, win or lose we come out ahead, if we lose and go to the playoffs and face them odds are in out favor to win 1 out of 3 meetings. If we win then the playoff race picture gets a lot more complicated, for them and for us a chance to be seeded better.

Before any of that however we need to take care of business before that and after that game.

Were trending the right direction, teams are erasing that checkmark on their calendars now that was put there at the start of the season also.

Mediots are starting to talk about us again in a light a bit different then at the start of the season.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Chargers - Win
at Rams - Win
Packers - Win
at Panthers - Win
49ers - Win
Vikings - Win
at 49ers - Win
Chiefs - Win
Cardinals - Win

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Not only is this team clearly coming together, the Lambs have barely won 3 games now. That team isn't the unstoppable force so many claim they are. Hawks can play with any team in the league if they keep playing like this. Not saying they are a Super Bowl contender, but they clearly are a playoff contender.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":28tml2ib said:
Not only is this team clearly coming together, the Lambs have barely won 3 games now. That team isn't the unstoppable force so many claim they are. Hawks can play with any team in the league if they keep playing like this. Not saying they are a Super Bowl contender, but they clearly are a playoff contender.
Lambs continue to get lucky.

I hope Seattle punches them in the mouth in LA!

Latest posts