Can we just admit we got beat fairly out there?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2hzjk0x3 said:
chawx":2hzjk0x3 said:
Yeaaaah nope, I'm not going to admit we got beat fairly...Bevell called a cupcake game as opposed to what he called against the Saints. We didn't want to show all our cards to them because we knew we might see them in the playoffs and this game was just a glorified practice for us but it was their Super Bowl. Had KJ not been injured, it would have been a different story:

Bevell didn't call yesterday's game any different than he normally does, the difference was we played a VERY good defense on the road, compared to a weak defense at home (Saints).

Nothing wrong with giving the Niners credit, they obviously came in fired up and were not going to let Russell get outside the pocket and make plays.........and they had the personnel to pull off that game plan.
I disagree, very vanilla for the most part. Run run pass was his predictable pattern. When he got away from that pattern they had drives that ended in TD's, you cannot be predictable against a good defense and win games on the road.

jblaze

Reaction score
The only way we can lose is if we beat ourselves and that's just what happened due to dumb penalties and missed assignments at inopportune times.

We'll get it cleaned up and we'll be fine. KJ being out though kinda scares me.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
jblaze":2kjg1de8 said:
The only way we can lose is if we beat ourselves and that's just what happened due to dumb penalties and missed assignments at inopportune times.

We'll get it cleaned up and we'll be fine. KJ being out though kinda scares me.

agree... way too much overreaction here.

We are 11-2, took the Super bowl runner up and bitter rivals most desperate game at their house to beat us by 2 points.

We may struggle at New York, but we are winning. If you ever had faith in this team before there is no reason it should have waivered yesterday.

Heard a few national media breaking the game down and each said they felt it showed even more how Seattle is the best team in the NFC. they now feel as though we could go anywhere any win, and are unbeatable at home.

Not the result we wanted, not the consistency or focus, but it was our game to take. Just didnt

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
You bet, the Niners beat the Hawks fair and square. They are a good team and they were at home. I was very pleased with the fact that the Hawks were relevant in the game until the end at that RW and Lynch were not injured. That is all.

Basis4day

Reaction score
As far as the refs go, they were equally bad for both teams. Felt like the entire game was letting something slide to pay back a team for a mistake that happened a series prior.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
What is the point of this thread? Is it to somehow rub it in or what?

Sure we got beat fair and square, sort of, b/c there were a few penalty calls against the team that were totally dubious. That said the D gave up a huge play that should have been stopped when it counted. It wasn't as if they laid a smack down on the team and the point spread by Vegas wasn't covered by them.

Congrats 49ers, good game, see you next time. Button your chinstraps!

rsm650

Reaction score
chawx":1fgkstds said:
Yeaaaah nope, I'm not going to admit we got beat fairly...Bevell called a cupcake game as opposed to what he called against the Saints. We didn't want to show all our cards to them because we knew we might see them in the playoffs and this game was just a glorified practice for us but it was their Super Bowl. Had KJ not been injured, it would have been a different story.

19-17, i can take that loss...but I'm not going to admit it was fair and square. On top of us holding back on the playcalling - yes, we got shafted a couple crucial times by the refs while the refs kept a scoring drive for them going with some bull$#!t holding call on Sherm on 3rd and long.

Ahem...

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=81497

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":j8m7est3 said:
Sgt. Largent":j8m7est3 said:
chawx":j8m7est3 said:
Yeaaaah nope, I'm not going to admit we got beat fairly...Bevell called a cupcake game as opposed to what he called against the Saints. We didn't want to show all our cards to them because we knew we might see them in the playoffs and this game was just a glorified practice for us but it was their Super Bowl. Had KJ not been injured, it would have been a different story:

Bevell didn't call yesterday's game any different than he normally does, the difference was we played a VERY good defense on the road, compared to a weak defense at home (Saints).

Nothing wrong with giving the Niners credit, they obviously came in fired up and were not going to let Russell get outside the pocket and make plays.........and they had the personnel to pull off that game plan.
I disagree, very vanilla for the most part. Run run pass was his predictable pattern. When he got away from that pattern they had drives that ended in TD's, you cannot be predictable against a good defense and win games on the road.

So how was this different than the Saints game? Other than the outcome?

SF: 23 rushes, 25 passes
Saints: 38 rushes, 28 passes

So we actually ran more last week then this week. Therefore your "run, run pass" predictable comment is incorrect. We passed more than we ran yesterday, and lost.

Again, the difference wasn't Bevell, it was stupid penalties and giving up big plays on defense.

TwilightError

Reaction score
The niners deserved to win. Hawks were not at their best, and niners were better. Yes there were bad calls, but they went both ways and it usually is the losing team who feels worse about them.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3uxqr47l said:
Sports Hernia":3uxqr47l said:
Sgt. Largent":3uxqr47l said:
chawx":3uxqr47l said:

So how was this different than the Saints game? Other than the outcome?

SF: 23 rushes, 25 passes
Saints: 38 rushes, 28 passes

So we actually ran more last week then this week. Therefore your "run, run pass" predictable comment is incorrect. We passed more than we ran yesterday, and lost.

Again, the difference wasn't Bevell, it was stupid penalties and giving up big plays on defense.

the series after Tate's punt return was unfortunate. A TD there and I think we win the game. Not going to put the blame on Bevell, but I hated the 2nd and long run play. I know why they did it, just didnt like it.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2fkq5fo0 said:
the series after Tate's punt return was unfortunate. A TD there and I think we win the game. Not going to put the blame on Bevell, but I hated the 2nd and long run play. I know why they did it, just didnt like it.

I agree, this was the only criticism of the playcalling I had yesterday. I thought we got too conservative and was playing for the FG, instead of trying to score the TD.

seedhawk

Reaction score
I would say we looked fairly lost, and thus lost fairly.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
In my opinion, times like these I rather be passionate over political.

We lost, many of us know this, but it was a 2 point loss that really could have gone either way. People are acting like the 49ers smacked us around and blew us out.

I have no problem looking at this game objectively and saying the officials were horrible. Why can't I say? Yeah, they called a bad game on both sides and were wildly inconsistent with their calls.

The only problem I have with it all is flags were thrown literally after every time the Seahawks started rolling momentum in their favor or gave a the 49ers offense a 2nd wind.

Flags were called in a way that took the Seahawks out of their winning element and that being more physical than other team.

If you're going to call a hold on Okung after Lynch's 15 yard scamper how are you not going to call more egregious holds that were made against Bennett and Lane who were in position to prevent the 9ers from gaining crucial first downs. Is that fair, sometimes football and making plays and winning games comes down an individual effort in a key moment whether you want to say "Oh, well... we squandered many other opportunities on our own"

F that.

But I think what pisses everyone off the most, at least the ones complaining about the officiating is the Crabtree fumble. This is where you can see the obvious refereeing bias. This call is 200x worse than the Immaculate/Golden Reception/Fail Mary call (because the officials actually got that right)... but as a fan, how do you sit there and process the Crabtree fumble. Replays showed he wasn't down, he was still fighting forward as he didn't concede is progress if he did, he would have just sat down, and replays also showed that coughed it up.

Everyone one knew Carroll was going to challenge and win, however for some reason the Refs thought they could change the ruling on the field from "down by contact" to "forward progress was stopped" and make the ruling unchallengeable.

I'm not taking anything away from the 49ers they made enough plays to win but it doesn't mean I or anybody for than matter can look at the horrible officiating and see it had an influential outcome on the games especially in key moments for the Seahawks that took away momentum changing plays.

I don't think any Seahawks this year as complained about the Refs... not even in the Indy game when Hilton was flopping all over the place. Richard Sherman didn't say anything then, and the only thing I can remember is Tate's lockerroom interview where he alluded to it by saying he can't say what he wants to say or he'll get fined.

So Sherman even remarking about it, tells me everything I know, and he's one of the smartest guys on the field. I don't think he said that to detract anything the 49ers did but he was just making a fair assessment on really bad, inconsistent, seemingly lop-sided officiating.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
It is very frustrating when all of our drives were killed by penalties. I personally felt we had all day to throw the football and their were holes to run through. Harbaugh really worked the refs and it seemed like it worked. Bogus hands to face mask penalty against Robinson wiping out Marshawns run. Smith crying to the refs after he got owned by Okung, Tate with the offensive pass interference penalty, all drive killers.

Hawks46

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2fumjpw2 said:
Yeah, not sure what the drama is. The officials had nothing to do with Gore's 51-yard run or us only putting up 3 points in the second half.

In this series, I would expect the home team to hold serve every time...and that's the way its been the last few years. It's asking a LOT to come off of a huge MNF game on a short week and go into SF and beat a very good team.

Best news of all...the Niners fan base is blowing a load over it because they know it's probably their last hurrah this season. We still have a 2 game lead, will win the NFC West and get HFA and everyone knows what happens to whomever gets the privilege of coming to C Link in January to try and beat us in the playoffs.

We are fine.

This. If Gore doesn't bust that run, do we really think Kaepernick beats us with his arm ? I don't think so. Say every penalty was bad, which they weren't. These games with the Niners always come down to a few plays. Look at earlier in the year. THe game was 5-3 at halftime. Fans act like they don't remember that fact, only that it was 29-3.

Our few plays this game (non penalty related):

Gore's run. Obvious.

THe blocked punt. That led to a FG. We lost by how many ?

Wilson flat out missed 2 first down throws. One to Tate. Who knows how those drives go, but one can surmised we could've scrounged a FG somewhere if we made a few more plays.

These teams mirror eachother. You don't always have glaring mismatches. We have to make plays if we want to win games. We didn't make enough, and allowed one too many. It's why the NFL and MMA is so good: one small thing can turn a game and that can be it.

HawkWow

Reaction score
I think most of us agree we were not the better team yesterday. SF's A game beat our B game, as expected.

IMO, the few calls that we felt were unjust, were negated by the defensive lapse that allowed Gore, the dinosaur, and Kaep, the giggling imbecile, to exploit. Unsure if we can get 100% of our fan base to accept this loss as just or not. I don't anticpate the world to implode whether they do or don't.

BTW...I'm not ragging on our D's performance yesterday. Sure they could have been better, but this loss goes on the offense, IMO. The D gave up a total of 23 pts to two of the NFL's top top 5 teams in less than a week. Both NO and SF were fighting for their lives, one a divisional rival on the road. Let's cut the D a little slack.

4BlatantAgent9

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":14d4jfxd said:

We lost, many of us know this, but it was a 2 point loss that really could have gone either way. People are acting like the 49ers smacked us around and blew us out.

I have no problem looking at this game objectively and saying the officials were horrible. Why can't I say? Yeah, they called a bad game on both sides and were wildly inconsistent with their calls.

The only problem I have with it all is flags were thrown literally after every time the Seahawks started rolling momentum in their favor or gave a the 49ers offense a 2nd wind.

Flags were called in a way that took the Seahawks out of their winning element and that being more physical than other team.

If you're going to call a hold on Okung after Lynch's 15 yard scamper how are you not going to call more egregious holds that were made against Bennett and Lane who were in position to prevent the 9ers from gaining crucial first downs. Is that fair, sometimes football and making plays and winning games comes down an individual effort in a key moment whether you want to say "Oh, well... we squandered many other opportunities on our own"

F that.

But I think what pisses everyone off the most, at least the ones complaining about the officiating is the Crabtree fumble. This is where you can see the obvious refereeing bias. This call is 200x worse than the Immaculate/Golden Reception/Fail Mary call (because the officials actually got that right)... but as a fan, how do you sit there and process the Crabtree fumble. Replays showed he wasn't down, he was still fighting forward as he didn't concede is progress if he did, he would have just sat down, and replays also showed that coughed it up.

Everyone one knew Carroll was going to challenge and win, however for some reason the Refs thought they could change the ruling on the field from "down by contact" to "forward progress was stopped" and make the ruling unchallengeable.

I'm not taking anything away from the 49ers they made enough plays to win but it doesn't mean I or anybody for than matter can look at the horrible officiating and see it had an influential outcome on the games especially in key moments for the Seahawks that took away momentum changing plays.

I don't think any Seahawks this year as complained about the Refs... not even in the Indy game when Hilton was flopping all over the place. Richard Sherman didn't say anything then, and the only thing I can remember is Tate's lockerroom interview where he alluded to it by saying he can't say what he wants to say or he'll get fined.

So Sherman even remarking about it, tells me everything I know, and he's one of the smartest guys on the field. I don't think he said that to detract anything the 49ers did but he was just making a fair assessment on really bad, inconsistent, seemingly lop-sided officiating.

I'll match your passion over political correctness approach. You and many (not all) of your Seahawk fan brethren are engaging in a ridiculous game of finger-pointing and flat out poor sportsmanship. I'm not even gonna mention the calls/no calls that went Seattles way, it's pointless. Rather I'll break it down like this. All week/year you've laid claim to being "unstoppable". Led by a magical QB ,who in his second season is widely touted as the next Joe Montana. You gave the Niners "no chance" this week. There were posts claiming we wouldn't score more than 10 points, and even suggesting that Russel would be resting up on the bench by the third qtr. This was our Super Bowl, and nothing more than a "glorified practice" for Seattle. And whether you truly believed that or not, it's a mindset that is beyond offensive for ANY pro football team, much less a divisional rival fighting for a playoff spot. And then there's the HFA thing. The Clink is hands down the toughest place to get a win. You know it, we know it, everyone knows it. But you guys use it as a double-edged sword, I'll elaborate.....When an opponent is slated to make a trip to SEA the response from Hawks' fans is almost always."Pfft, good luck! Nobody can beat us in our house!" Which is largely true. However if there's an indication from the opposition that crowd noise hindered their play, this is what they get," Oh excuses, excuses. Just man up and admit the better team won. Don't be poor sports." etc etc....So next time you want to assess a game,officiating,players,penalties/non-penalties,opposing coaches,field conditions,or any of the like, try not to look so much like a sore loser. Or even worse, a hypocrite

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
4BlatantAgent9":1gslnzvv said:
Pandion Haliaetus":1gslnzvv said:

F that.

I'll match your passion over political correctness approach. You and many (not all) of your Seahawk fan brethren are engaging in a ridiculous game of finger-pointing and flat out poor sportsmanship. I'm not even gonna mention the calls/no calls that went Seattles way, it's pointless. Rather I'll break it down like this. All week/year you've laid claim to being "unstoppable". Led by a magical QB ,who in his second season is widely touted as the next Joe Montana. You gave the Niners "no chance" this week. There were posts claiming we wouldn't score more than 10 points, and even suggesting that Russel would be resting up on the bench by the third qtr. This was our Super Bowl, and nothing more than a "glorified practice" for Seattle. And whether you truly believed that or not, it's a mindset that is beyond offensive for ANY pro football team, much less a divisional rival fighting for a playoff spot. And then there's the HFA thing. The Clink is hands down the toughest place to get a win. You know it, we know it, everyone knows it. But you guys use it as a double-edged sword, I'll elaborate.....When an opponent is slated to make a trip to SEA the response from Hawks' fans is almost always."Pfft, good luck! Nobody can beat us in our house!" Which is largely true. However if there's an indication from the opposition that crowd noise hindered their play, this is what they get," Oh excuses, excuses. Just man up and admit the better team won. Don't be poor sports." etc etc....So next time you want to assess a game,officiating,players,penalties/non-penalties,opposing coaches,field conditions,or any of the like, try not to look so much like a sore loser. Or even worse, a hypocrite

Your whole post is laughable.

1. Niner fans are their own worse hypocrites.

Everything we are doing, scratch that, I'll take sole possession of my own opinion, and not act as if I'm the voice of all the 12's. Everything I'm doing and fans that share the same opinion as me are doing has already been done twice fold by Niner fans after 42-13 and 29-3.

Its exactly the same, the only difference is Seahawks fans of similar opinion to mine, are doing it after a mere 2 point lost and not after 26-29 point blowout.

Niner fans just don't like the taste of their own poison. You guys been talking mad shit since 2010, and when you guys went 13-3... you guys acted like douchebags and jerks with "poor" sportsmanship and its been non-stop.

So excuse us Seahawks fans if we refuse to bow down in your greatness... I don't have to respect your team, or its accomplisments, past or present.

2. As for complaining about the Officiating and being humble? How did that workout for your fanbase after the Saints lost a few weeks ago. Your fanbase "whined" and "cried" and acted like "sore losers" and I would say it it was much of your fanbase that did it.. at least on WZ.

1. How many of your fans complained about Brook's penalty?
2. How many of your fans complained that Kaep had the same thing happened to him and it was not called.

At least here on .Net 2/3rds of the majority thinks the 49ers played a better game and gave your team props. The other 1/3rd in which myself included said the officiating was bad.

Personally, imo I'm pretty pissed at my fanbase that they could easily admit the 49ers were better but whatever, I didn't really think so. 49ers won the game, yeah, but they aren't better than the Seahawks... that's for damn sure.

Your team needed everything to happen the way it did, ticky-tack fouls that sucked the momentum out of the Seahawks, or ticky-tack fouls that gave the 49er's a second wind. Its cool though... the Refs won't be able to help you win in every match-up , no matter how much Hardouche complains.

Here is to seeing you in 6 weeks for a 3rd rematch in Seattle.... and if you haters dislike our home crowd in mere regular season games and whose passion for the game doesn't need to be prompted or encouraged... just wait for what its going to be like for the NFC CG.

Even Beats by Dre won't be able to help Krapperdick.