Canfora: Bevell and Quinn "frontrunners" for head coach jobs

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":1a7zx7wq said:
There will be a Pete Carroll coaching tree one day.

Easily. Not just because he's a good coach who puts together good teams. But he's also very eager to allow his coaches to spread their wings under him and is open/encouraging to building their careers.

Coordinators have been drawn to him even at USC for this reason. He is a coach maker because he provides a medium for coaches to do their thing. He creates opportunity and allows those under him to thrive.

Donn2390

Reaction score
Who would possibly want to take the Redskin job? the only person who would stand a chance wold be RG111 or his father, anyone else would be crazy

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
My question is this: Does being a Pete Carroll assistant coach mean that you'll end up being a quality head coach? Here are the list of names of assistants under Pete that have become either head coaches of college programs or NFL teams. Not exactly a who's who of a coaching tree:

Sparky Woods, Walt Harris, Greg Robinson, Bo Pelini, Ed Orgeron, Lane Kiffin, Steve Sarkisian, Gus Bradley

Blitzer88

Reaction score
HawkFan72":3j37e2a7 said:
Losing Quinn would suck. He's a perfect fit as our DC.

Yeah, I would hate to lose Quinn. He just fits what we want to do really well on defense.

morgulon1

Reaction score
The Radish":2ktsu1yd said:
I think Quinn going to the Tits would be a huge mistake this early in his career.

He will get better offers with a year or two more where he is.

:les:

I have never understood why these guys wouldn't want to stay put and stack a championship or two under their belts before
going to a crappy, dysfunctional situation being expected to turn things around. These coaching vacancies are always on bad teams.
No one ever gets canned from a winning team. The only example would be when the owner of the niners kind of forced Bill Walsh
from Santa Clara.

Shock2k

Reaction score
jblaze":1kem3l6g said:
One good thing about this situation is that Pete is churning out head coaches and candidates at this point which should bring top flight talent to the team in the future because it's a fast track to a HC gig. Not to mention, who wouldn't want to coach this team. They make you look really good.

Bad for consistency however. Although I do think Pete does a pretty good job of coaching the coordinators on what we're doing here and how.

Good point, he can basically have his pick of the litter. He just will have to let them go next year.

We are going to start having a yearly coordinator draft.

BASF

Reaction score
morgulon1":1cwqx10o said:
The Radish":1cwqx10o said:
I think Quinn going to the Tits would be a huge mistake this early in his career.

I have never understood why these guys wouldn't want to stay put and stack a championship or two under their belts before
going to a crappy, dysfunctional situation being expected to turn things around. These coaching vacancies are always on bad teams.
No one ever gets canned from a winning team. The only example would be when the owner of the niners kind of forced Bill Walsh
from Santa Clara.

The Bears let Lovie Smith go after his team finished 10-6 with a pathetic offensive line.

CANHawk

Reaction score
BASF":1pj4o7ed said:
morgulon1":1pj4o7ed said:
The Radish":1pj4o7ed said:

from Santa Clara.

The Bears let Lovie Smith go after his team finished 10-6 with a pathetic offensive line.
Bucs fired dungy with a super bowl caliber team...

But yeah, I think if would be bad for everyone if Quinn went to Tennessee. He's only been an NFL DC for one year. He should get more experience before making the jump lest he have a huge letdown.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Titans owner Tommy Smith is so "smitten" with the Seahawks' organization that Seattle defensive coordinator Dan Quinn is expected to be a finalist for Tennessee's head-coaching vacancy, sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

League executives believe Quinn is likely to land a head-coaching job after Seattle's season ends, sources told Schefter.

Quinn already has interviewed for the vacant coaching positions with the Minnesota Vikings and Cleveland Browns. Both teams are still checking into Quinn, according to sources.

Vikings general manager Rick Spielman placed a call this week to Seahawks coach Pete Carroll, who gave a glowing recommendation of the defensive coordinator, sources told Schefter.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10278 ... head-coach

Shane Falco

Reaction score
No matter where you stand on Bevell - that transition in the first year of a new offensive coordinator isn't always instant production. But maybe in this case it will be.. considering. :D

sutz

Reaction score
The thing about losing Bevell that I don't like is that this has been the first time, IIRC, in Wilson's college/pro career when he had the same OC in consecutive years.

Not sure about his early career at NC, but he had one at NC, another at Wisconsin, then here under Bevell. I wouldn't mind them having another year together.

Latest posts