Seahawks Quest for the #1 Seed (Updated 11/20/13)

Keyhawk

Reaction score
Tonight's game: Saints at Falcons

We all become Falcons fans tonight.

OP
OP
Hawkscanner

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Keyhawk":5kgrs3kd said:
Tonight's game: Saints at Falcons

We all become Falcons fans tonight.

You got that right. I would probably fall out of my chair and would probably end up going on the DL if the Falcons actually knocked off the Saints tonight ... but you bet I'm a Falcons fan tonight.

OP
OP
Hawkscanner

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2h4x3jh3 said:
How long does it take you to write these things up?

Mmmmm ... I peck away at these things an hour or so a night and then just whenever I get the chance. Way too much time definitely.

SalishHawkFan":2h4x3jh3 said:
Don't forget the refs, taking games away from us like they're wont to do. It ain't over till the fat lady sings.

Holmgren: "I didn't know we were going to be playing the guys in the striped shirts as well."

No way I've forgotten that. Still probably considered the worst officiated game in Super Bowl history. Grrrrrrrr.

Ad Hawk":2h4x3jh3 said:
Even the second seed has home-field advantage until the NFCCG, and keeps it if the first seed gets knocked off in the 2nd round of the playoffs, right?

Anything can happen at that point, but the Saints have a strong home-field advantage. I'd like to keep it in Seattle if we have to see them again.

You're correct. The Hawks WOULD have HFA until the NFCCG if they ended up with the #2 Seed. Obviously the #1 is much better, as playing the NFCCG at the Super Dome wouldn't be my first choice.

BlueTalons":2h4x3jh3 said:
Think about this for a second...if we had LOST to the Panthers (all else being the same,) they would be 8-2 and us 9-2. Glad we had them to start the season!

Yep. Yep. Yep. And don't look now -- if the season ended today, the #4 Seed would be the Eagles and the #5 Seed the Panthers. Guess who Seattle would most likely play in the 2nd Round? They're looking MUCH stronger now. Sure glad we'd be playing at game at Century Link.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":2b046f1f said:
HawkFan72":2b046f1f said:
How long does it take you to write these things up?

Mmmmm ... I peck away at these things an hour or so a night and then just whenever I get the chance. Way too much time definitely.

Well you do a great job with them. I just was distracted by thinking about how much work it must take. Thanks for doing it!

Zorn76

Reaction score
Hello Everybody,

It's looking real good for HFA. Beating the Saints is obviously the key, and I feel this team's collective focus will trump the issues of bye week's past. Can't take anybody lightly, but clearly we're working from an advantage by hosting New Orleans at The Clink.

OP
OP
Hawkscanner

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Zorn76":3q8qzwf8 said:
Hello Everybody,

It's looking real good for HFA. Beating the Saints is obviously the key, and I feel this team's collective focus will trump the issues of bye week's past. Can't take anybody lightly, but clearly we're working from an advantage by hosting New Orleans at The Clink.

I'll tell you what, I absolutely expected Drew Brees and the New Orleans offense to be able to move the ball pull this game out tonight -- and they did. Jimmy Graham is a force to be reckoned with and stopping him is going to be a real focal point of this game. What I didn't expect however, was that the New Orleans defense was going to decide to take the night off. Sure they were able to get 5 sacks and 10 QB Hits ... but they also allowed almost 300 yards passing and nearly 400 yards of total offense to a Falcons offense that frankly isn't all that good at the moment. I'm certainly encouraged by that. Those are good signs heading in to this upcoming game.

i5roadrunner

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":2xgv8kxb said:
Zorn76":2xgv8kxb said:
Hello Everybody,

I'll tell you what, I absolutely expected Drew Brees and the New Orleans offense to be able to move the ball pull this game out tonight -- and they did. Jimmy Graham is a force to be reckoned with and stopping him is going to be a real focal point of this game. What I didn't expect however, was that the New Orleans defense was going to decide to take the night off. Sure they were able to get 5 sacks and 10 QB Hits ... but they also allowed almost 300 yards passing and nearly 400 yards of total offense to a Falcons offense that frankly isn't all that good at the moment. I'm certainly encouraged by that. Those are good signs heading in to this upcoming game.
Jimmy Graham, meet Mr. Earl Thomas. BOOM!!!

5280Hawk

Reaction score
Meh, the saints won, but not handily. Yes it's a rival game, so Atlanta was stepping up but the thing to remember is the Atlanta atmosphere is nothing compared to the 12th man.

And The Hawks just smashed the Falcons in there. Dammit we still have to wait 11 days!!

RiverDog

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":2ps556l0 said:
sutz":2ps556l0 said:
The joy of leading the pack is that all the Seahawks have to do is keep winning games, somehthing they've proven to be pretty good at this year. :)

I dunno. Maybe it's just me, but I much rather prefer being the hunter rather than the hunted. While it's cool that the Seahawks are leading the pack and garnering some national attention, I'd almost rather be that team that's laying in the weeds who will rise up during playoff time and bite you. It sure doesn't sound as if all this front runner stuff is getting in to the players' heads. Hopefully it stays that way and they keep in mind what Pete keeps preaching to them -- we haven't truly won or accomplished anything yet.

That's a legitimate concern.

Think about this for a minute. Suppose we beat the Saints and Niners and the Panthers lose this weekend to Tampa Bay and then beat the Saints in Week 14. That would wrap up HFA for us with three regular season games to play. Throw in a first round bye and we have an entire month off between meaningful games. The last team that happened to, the 2005 Colts, were one-and-done that season, bounced at home by a #6 seed that had to scratch and claw their way into the playoffs.