Canfora reporting Payton wants to move on from ME3

Torc

Reaction score
Payton should’ve done a little homework before jumping in.
Payton is in it for the long haul, and the current ownership didn't agree to Russ' contract. He'll be rid of the lead weight as soon as it is feasible.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Anyone see Wilson taking a pay cut so he can be traded to a team that wants him as the starter? I don’t, but I think it’s the only way he plays past his current contract.
Chicago might lol if the contract can be reworked or something financially can be done on the next yr or two I think.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Payton is in it for the long haul, and the current ownership didn't agree to Russ' contract. He'll be rid of the lead weight as soon as it is feasible.
Current ownership is the one who traded for him and gave him that contract.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Russ is quietly having a great year 16 touchdowns, 4 picks, 102 passer rating etc lol. This anti Russ stuff is goofy. Hell he's having a much better year than Geno with a worse supporting cast. There are probably 3-4 guys playing objectively better or on par as Russ this year. I just don't get this obsession with him or seeing him fail. I have my theories why its the case

Ozzy

Reaction score
QB A 16/4 TD/INT, 1613 yards and a 102 passer rating
QB B 17/8 TD/INT, 2165 yards and a 102 rating
QB C 9/6 TD/INT, 1645 yards and a 91 rating.

Any guess who's who? And how would you rank these in order? I would rank them how I have him and it goes Russ, Josh Allen and Geno.

Torc

Reaction score
Current ownership is the one who traded for him and gave him that contract.
we're both wrong.

russ was traded in march 2022.
Sale to the waltons was approved by the NFL in August 2022.
Russ signed his new contract in September 2022.

So they didn't trade for him but they were the fools who renewed his contract. :)

bileever

Reaction score
Not exactly news. I've got to think that Sean Payton is feeling okay about Russ's performance at this point, overall, even though it's been a little up and down.

The Broncos are 3-5 with a lot of winnable games on their schedule against the Patriots, the Vikings (minus Cousins), the Texans, the Raiders and the Chargers. I don't think they're going to sneak into the playoffs, but they might have a respectable season.

@PNW25: I don't think it's any secret why we want Russ to fail. No elaborate theories needed. But no matter what happens--even if the Broncos end up winning--Russ has already failed. He wanted to go to a team where he could dictate the offense and throw 50 times a game, and that's not happening for him.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Anyone see Wilson taking a pay cut so he can be traded to a team that wants him as the starter? I don’t, but I think it’s the only way he plays past his current contract.
You're right. I don't see me3 ever taking any kind of pay cut His self esteem wont allow this. Let's just say I don't see it happening but I've been wrong before.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Russ is quietly having a great year 16 touchdowns, 4 picks, 102 passer rating etc lol. This anti Russ stuff is goofy. Hell he's having a much better year than Geno with a worse supporting cast. There are probably 3-4 guys playing objectively better or on par as Russ this year. I just don't get this obsession with him or seeing him fail. I have my theories why its the case
Wilson is having exactly the same kind of season this year that he had so many years in Seattle, where he puts up great stats that look good in isolation. He still can't carry the team to a win, when the load is put on his shoulders. He stacks up the stats when things are going well, but isn't making the critical plays that are needed for wins.

It took one of Mahomes' worst performances, for Wilson to eke out a win against the Chiefs, and the win came by way of a 12/19 for 114 yards passing performance coupled with a 40 for 153 yd rushing attack.

So reminiscent of the many years here, when you look at his stats and think, "damn, why do the Hawks look so anemic when Wilson's stats look so good?"

DJMOBEY

Reaction score
Wilson is having exactly the same kind of season this year that he had so many years in Seattle, where he puts up great stats that look good in isolation. He still can't carry the team to a win, when the load is put on his shoulders. He stacks up the stats when things are going well, but isn't making the critical plays that are needed for wins.

It took one of Mahomes' worst performances, for Wilson to eke out a win against the Chiefs, and the win came by way of a 12/19 for 114 yards passing performance coupled with a 40 for 153 yd rushing attack.

So reminiscent of the many years here, when you look at his stats and think, "damn, why do the Hawks look so anemic when Wilson's stats look so good?"
Completely disagree.

Yes as he aged he became less able to put the team on his shoulders, but for many years he did just that.

There isn't a better QB Denver could get this year than the way Wilson is playing.

Latest posts