Can't take a loss

Brett

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":2c44ur9n said:
To put it in perspective consider that RW had some of the most heartbreaking losses in the last few years.
I'm talking about the near comeback in Atlanta, last minute loss in Rose bowl, hail Mary losses to Ohio State and against Michigan state. He lead the comebacks only to have luck screw him in final seconds.
How is he so strong? As Lynch and Wilson says it's just football. As much passion as they have for football they have a bigger perspective.
The year RW lost his father he continued to play with the passion his father instilled in him.
Every game is an opportunity and is a in essence a loss until it is won. Every win RW dedicates to his beloved father. He plays for his team, his father, the vertically challenged athletes and for his maker.
That is probably why he is so strong.
Be like Russell. Be courageous. Be epic. It's only football.

Well said.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
mouser":sjjmptf3 said:
But I seriously couldn't handle a loss. I'm not even over XL yet. I live, in all places, Denver (actually referred to as "a chickens**t" in the office today by a belligerent Broncos fan "discussing" the game). I am a life-long fan and I REALLY want a Seahawks SB win more than I can describe.

Deep down, I just want to stick my head in the sand for about a month and then peek out to see what the score was. Right now, I just want to move out of Denver to someplace sane. I feel like I need to drink more or something. A loss in the SB...and against the Broncos to boot? Unfathomable!!!

Excited and scared to death.

Please tell me that on some level, some of you feel this way.

GO HAWKS!

Still not over XL yet? Come on, bro, get past that one and it'll change your perspective! And keep your head up and smiling to all your Bronco buddies.

I just KNOW the Seahawks are gonna win. Not sure how, but I just feel it. And I'm a lifer too. I've been through all those years of hand-wringing and constantly being doubtful
about the Hawks.
But no more. I've never been more happy and confident about my team. Yeah, its a strange feeling, but I'm gettin' used to it. :thirishdrinkers:

Cheers to ya!

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
It's entertainment. Enjoy the victories, don't dwell on the losses. Life is a gift.

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
Good post and I like the honesty. I must admit it would be crushing emotionally for me if we lost this. We are in our window but as has been pointed out before, it's not guaranteed we'll ever get back. When we went to XL, I kept thinking to my self 'man if the Bucs won one, damn it so can we.' Seattle has a cloud hanging over the city after the 'loss' at XL, the loss of the Sonics and the failed flirtations with getting the Kings to move up here. IMO, this fanbase and this city needs this win. However, despite any trepadation I think the team understands how much this win will mean for us and will respond in kind. The Broncos may play football but they've never played against a team like this. We're taking this title.

ariel9302

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":63u4okv0 said:
To put it in perspective consider that RW had some of the most heartbreaking losses in the last few years.
I'm talking about the near comeback in Atlanta, last minute loss in Rose bowl, hail Mary losses to Ohio State and against Michigan state. He lead the comebacks only to have luck screw him in final seconds.
How is he so strong? As Lynch and Wilson says it's just football. As much passion as they have for football they have a bigger perspective.
The year RW lost his father he continued to play with the passion his father instilled in him.
Every game is an opportunity and is a in essence a loss until it is won. Every win RW dedicates to his beloved father. He plays for his team, his father, the vertically challenged athletes and for his maker.
That is probably why he is so strong.
Be like Russell. Be courageous. Be epic. It's only football.

but everyone tells me it's manning that deserves this. :pukeface:

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I used to be very selfish when it came to my beloved Seahawks. It was always about how I felt, or how that win or loss made ME feel. These days, I feel the heart and pulse of the 12's as much if not more than my own feelings anymore about this team. I want this Super Bowl not just because it's at the top of my Bucket List, but because I know the immense joy that a Super Bowl Championship will bring to all 12's everywhere, especially those of us who have spent year-after-year sticking by the team when it wasn't fashionable or hip to do so.

I love how this team has transformed the city, the region and beyond Washington State's borders.

A loss will be painful indeed. But yes Anastasia, it really is just entertainment.

drdiags

Reaction score
I am hoping the football gods smile on this team and I have a good feeling about the outcome.

But I do stop and think about those franchises that went to multiple Superbowls and lost them all. The Vikings were the big bad Purple People eaters, yet never won a Superbowl, going 0-4. The Buffalo Bills went 4 years in a row and lost them all. If only a FG goes through, they probably win 2 of the 4. They had mad talent. Even the Broncos were 0-4 during Elway's heyday. They won the last 2 mostly due to T Davis and a grizzled Elway.

Fate is fickle. Does Wilson play the game all his supporters know he is capable of or does he fail to get the offense to perform like they have in the past? Does Manning prove too much for the defense? Who knows?

It will be a tough game, but the team wouldn't want it any other way. If they are up to the task, the world ends on Monday. Hang in there my good man.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
I've been saying with absolute 100% certainty that the Hawks are winning the Super Bowl this year. I still think so. But IF they don't (Any Given Sunday), then I think that this is only the beginning of a dynasty that's going to last for 4-5 years. We'll be back and we'll win at least two SB's before Pete's run is over.