Cap situation next few years

seahawks-in-qc

Reaction score
Hi,

It was probably a subject discuss before, but I can't seem to find it.
I'm curious about what is going to happen in the next few years with our rookie deals coming to an end.

I know Earl Thomas, Sherman, Chancellor, Wilson and Unger (I guess?) (not sure about Okung) will have their rookie contract ended in the next 3 years.
Do we have enough cap space to make for everyone? Or we might have to let someone go?

Thanks!!! (sorry if it is a repost)

GO HAWKS!
(live from Quebec, Canada!)

drdiags

Reaction score
Someone had posted a link to spotrac (or whatever the name of the site is) that listed each player's cap hit for the next 3-4 yrs, with dead money hits as of today. If you can find that link it is a good start for answering some of your questions.

EDIT:

Here is a link for our current salary cap discussion

http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=64716

In that discussion the sportrac link is in the first post

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Unger was already resigned last year. Tate will be coming up soon.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
You can expect Kam to be extended before the season. ET is next in line and Schneider said they've already taken him into account as far as numbers go.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
The rule of thumb in the NFL - there is ALWAYS cap space to sign the players you really want to keep. They have a short and a long range model that they work off. Sometimes, the unexpected (like Harvin becoming available) pops up and they have to re-wicker the plan.

You can't keep everyone, but you can make it work.

If I had to guess, of the current core group of our stars, Browner and Tate are on the outside looking in - not because they are not good, just because they can be replaced relatively easily from within.

JKent82

Reaction score
Just follow Davis Hsu on twitter. It's all you'll need.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
JKent82":2tnhllm8 said:
Just follow Davis Hsu on twitter. It's all you'll need.
This.

FieldGulls.com runs the occasional cap article as well which usually helps explain the current situation.

Latest posts