Cap Space Update

OP
OP
Hawkstorian

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Latest NFLPA figure is $7,474,618, which does not include Mike Morgan. His contract hasn't been reported anywhere I can tell, but let's just assume it isn't much, and put the team at a nice round $7,000,000 sitting here.

Of course, Marshawn remains on the books. I'm going to assume this gets resolved by the draft, and the Seahawks reclaim $6,050,000 in cap. We also know the draft picks will cost about $2,175,000 in cap.

Which puts available cap at right around $10.875M. There are also off-season workout bonuses which reduce that another $500K or so.

Also, some money does need to be held aside for practice squad and injuries. I don't really put a hard figure on that like some do, because it depends on a whole bunch of stuff we don't know. Last year we had a few guys start the year on PUP which puts a big strain on the cap. Hopefully that's not the case this year.

My guess is we have about another $8M to spend. That can go fast adding a few cheaper veterans (including a backup QB if we bring T-Jack back).

pehawk

Reaction score
Until I hear otherwise I'm going to assume Mike Morgan makes 7M APY.

Oh, and thanks for doing these, Storian.

sutz

Reaction score
Not sure, but is there anybody right now that looks like he'll need to be on PUP?

Serious question. I know last season we had several, and it kind of blew chunks for us and contributed to our slow start, IMHO.

pehawk

Reaction score
sutz":2ly4t5mi said:
Not sure, but is there anybody right now that looks like he'll need to be on PUP?

Serious question. I know last season we had several, and it kind of blew chunks for us and contributed to our slow start, IMHO.

Some tight end will start on PUP (giggle) I'm sure.

sutz

Reaction score
pehawk":2d6ztkwu said:
sutz":2d6ztkwu said:

Some tight end will start on PUP (giggle) I'm sure.
:oops: Yeah, I guess he probably will. My bad. Not sure of any others, though?