Cardinals Beast Mode

HawkGA

Reaction score
Okay, I've seen a couple of references to the Cardinals' running backs run last night as being "Beast Mode." Here's a video of the run:

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/67876710 ... wsrc%5Etfw

First off, that was no beast mode run. He somehow squirted through a pile of people. He didn't make anybody his b!tch. He squirted (pretty sure if this was in the Shack, we could go somewhere with that).

Second, and more to my point, doesn't Marshawn have that phrase copyrighted? I know he sells gear with the term on it. Is he getting royalties for these references????

Crizilla

Reaction score
I think you mean Beast Mode right? Not Beat.

So many people have been calling players "beast", even in college. "He's a beast", "that was a beast play", etc etc. However for the NFL to call it "Beast Mode" kinda makes me you shake your head. There's only 1 Beast Mode, boss.

Seymour

Reaction score
Best mode just has no teeth without the great play of Russell Williams.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
It was a great run. Credit where credit is due. If Lynch or one of our backs had made the play we'd be pumped about it. No, it wasnt to beast mode level but it was beast.

And, in 20 years from now if great runs involving missed tackles and valiant efforts are refered to as a player going "beast mode" then I think it'd just keep the legend of Marshawn Lynch going.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Crizilla":3r3e1lql said:

So many people have been calling players "beast", even in college. "He's a beast", "that was a beast play", etc etc. However for the NFL to call it "Beast Mode" kinda makes me you shake your head. There's only 1 Beast Mode, boss.

I don't know if Marshawn has it copyrighted or not, but we used to use the term in high school. I'm 38.

Seymour

Reaction score
Seanhawk":3ui8lkuj said:
Crizilla":3ui8lkuj said:

I don't know if Marshawn has it copyrighted or not, but we used to use the term in high school. I'm 38.

Yes, he has it copyrighted.

https://trademarks.justia.com/776/37/beast-mode-77637215.html

sutz

Reaction score
Seymour":1km0uold said:
Seanhawk":1km0uold said:
Crizilla":1km0uold said:

I hope he got royalties from that car commercial, then. ;)

Seymour

Reaction score
sutz":1bx26s8t said:
Seymour":1bx26s8t said:
Seanhawk":1bx26s8t said:
Crizilla":1bx26s8t said:

I hope he got royalties from that car commercial, then. ;)

Not sure about a car commercial. It was applied for in Dec 2008 so anything prior is fair game.

kearly

Reaction score
I like David Johnson a LOT and am not at all surprised by his success. I made sure to draft him in both my fantasy leagues back in August and just rode his 41 points to paydirt in my fantasy playoff semi-final.

But yeah, calling that run 'beast mode' is pretty silly. All he did was run straight ahead. It wasn't so much a case of him making defenders look like fools as it was defenders being fools and making Johnson look amazing. He also didn't get the ball over the pylon, I was surprised they didn't overturn the TD on review, (not that I am complaining).

I am really interested so see how he does against Seattle's D when given 20+ carries. He's got that big and fast gene that gives our defense trouble, but Seattle generally shuts down point A to point B type runners and Johnson is not the creative type. Same thing is true for Todd Gurley. Next two weeks should be interesting.

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
He does not have 1/10th of the will power that Beast Mode has.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
David Johnson is going to be a really good player. He is already showing out as a rookie. Losing CJ2K could be a blessing in disguise. I think they knew what they had in Johnson, they just didn't want to put too much on his plate in his rookie year.

A lot of good young backs in the NFC West: Gurley, Rawls, Johnson and Hyde. Too bad there is only one good young QB in the division :lol: