Cardinals trying to sign Peterson

ringless

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3kqa2osy said:
ringless":3kqa2osy said:
SomersetHawk":3kqa2osy said:
OkieHawk":3kqa2osy said:
I'm trying to not make this too complicated as it's a friendly wager.

So you rejected my marriage proposal but you still want to be my friend? I don't think we can overcome this.

Looks like you weren't the only one rejected today...

Charles Robinson @CharlesRobinson · 42s 42 seconds ago
#NFL source: #Vikings GM Rick Spielman requested dinner meeting w/ Adrian Peterson's agent at owner's meetings. It was rejected. Not good.

Not sure how that is a big deal....

The two have nothing to discuss. AP is under contract (for 3 years, got my years mixed up).

If it as was Lynch, or Wilson would it not be a big deal that neither of them clearly wanted to play for Seattle? So much so that they were done meeting with the team? Could it create issues in the locker room? I think its a little telling... Just another piece of the puzzle

Uncle Si

Reaction score
I think its business. "They" is again a little assumptive. His agent does not want to meet with the team.

What issue in the locker room is it going to create, out of curiosity. Its March. the season starts in September. Lynch has regularly excused himself from voluntary workouts throughout the summer and damn near held out last year. And yet... he was the heartbeat of the team.

This is the speculation that you have driven this thread with. If its a piece of the puzzle, its a very small one. hell, the agent nearly got into a fist fight with a Viking leadership member a few weeks ago. Shocker he's not up for dinner.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":25ift3c4 said:
OkieHawk":25ift3c4 said:

So you rejected my marriage proposal but you still want to be my friend? I don't think we can overcome this.

And here I thought you were made of sterner stuff, keep this up and you'll never find a man.

Taehwk

Reaction score
No proof, just pure speculation. I wouldn't be surprised if the Pats would trade for him.

1) Rest of AFC East got better.
2) Improves their run game and make their offense more balance.
3) Keeps AP out of the NFC (if that's a concern for the Viking's and if they feel they have a legit shot at making the playoffs next year)
4) Belichick and Brady would not let AP become a distraction.

AP to Pats would be Corey Dillion to Pat's a decade ago.

However, I personally think they should let AP rot. He signed his contract, he made the error, and he is pissed off at the Vikes for not supporting him? They paid him to sit while the legalities were handled what more does he want? Let him sit and ruin his legacy more. Vikings in total control here. The guy is a hypocrite he says he knows the Viking's respect him enough to "trade" him if he is unhappy. Yet, he instructs his agent to decline meetings with the Viking's? Where is the respect on his side? He is trying to burn bridges to get his way, and that scorched earth tactic shouldn't be awarded. Let him sit not get paid, ruin his legacy, and retire so we never have to hear of his none sense again.

/end rant

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
OkieHawk":1nj61zlv said:
SomersetHawk":1nj61zlv said:
OkieHawk":1nj61zlv said:

And here I thought you were made of sterner stuff, keep this up and you'll never find a man.

That stiff upper lip stuff's all a ruse, we take rejection as bad as anyone. I'll find my green card marriage, I didn't want to move to Oklahoma anyway.

ringless

Reaction score
Posted by Mike Florio on March 22, 2015, 6:21 PM EDT
Zimmer

“Well Adrian is under contract with us and we’re excited to get him back here with his teammates and get him back playing,” Zimmer said.

It’s believed that Peterson would like to be under contract with a different team, and that Peterson hopes a trade will be made at the league meetings in Arizona. In two different appearances this year on PFT Live on NBC Sports Radio, Zimmer said that if Peterson definitely wants out of Minnesota, the team would accommodate him.

The process of accommodating Peterson could indeed unfold in Arizona, with the Vikings finding a trade partner (perhaps the Cardinals) and moving Peterson, who turned 30 on Saturday. Or perhaps Zimmer has been overruled by the folks who write the checks. Absent a trade package reflecting Peterson’s actual value to the Vikings, why should the Wilfs say anything other than “play for us or play for no one”?

Meanwhile, it’ll be interesting to see whether Zimmer reiterates his position that, if Peterson wants out, he’ll get what he wants. It could be that, before Zimmer is ever asked that question again by the media, a trade will be worked out.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Laloosh":3a4grljg said:
So... he's still a Viking?

Moreso, he's still under contract with a pair of owners who are not inclined to be bullied.

Its all posturing on both sides. The Vikings aren't going to be forced to do anything, however. They are making that quite clear.

Living here for 14 years, it is strange to see the Vikings actually be on the correct side of management decisions. The ownership and leadership groups have been maligned for numerous a fiasco. It looks like in this case they know they are holding the cards (pun intended) and seem to know what cards the other parties have as well.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
He's atill a Viking and looks like he will remain one at least this year.What a waste of a thread,rumors are just that until something really happens.We get JG and Arizona got?SF gets Dockett and Arizona got?Sorry Ringless I'm just playing with ya..

Jville

Reaction score
Pre-draft update:
According to AZCentral's Bobby McManaman, FootballBettingCenter gives the Cardinals 9/2 odds of getting Peterson if he is traded. Dallas is right behind with 5/1 odds, followed by Oakland with 10/1 odds.

Oakland Raiders reportedly have interest in Adrian Peterson; Cardinals are favorites to land RB >>>> [urltargetblank]http://www.revengeofthebirds.com/2015/4/18/8449281/oakland-raiders-reportedly-have-interest-in-adrian-peterson-cardinals[/urltargetblank]

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
If he goes to the Cards or Cryboys I hope the Vikes fleece the hell out of them.
A 30 year old running back that hasn't played in a year with past alleged HGH use.... Not a good combo for a RB in the NFL.