Cardinals trying to sign Peterson

OkieHawk

Reaction score
ringless":2z9arubu said:
Where did anyone say they think he was going to get cut.... Nobody thinks that... It was strictly in terms of a new deal when he was traded to AZ

The Vikings aren't getting rid of AP for less than a 1st round pick this draft.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
OkieHawk":15p68m2n said:
ringless":15p68m2n said:
Where did anyone say they think he was going to get cut.... Nobody thinks that... It was strictly in terms of a new deal when he was traded to AZ

Wanna bet?

Tumblr mdd1hoYLLL1qagu6wo1 500

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
ringless":esn7lca5 said:
Well the title of this thread is "Cardinals trying to sign Peterson" that doesn't really indicate a trade

In order for the cardinals to sign AP, his contract would first need to be terminated by the Vikings, i.e. cut

ringless

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":3qivk3e9 said:
ringless":3qivk3e9 said:
Well the title of this thread is "Cardinals trying to sign Peterson" that doesn't really indicate a trade

In order for the cardinals to sign AP, his contract would first need to be terminated by the Vikings, i.e. cut

Well it was a Seattle fan that titled the thread :p

ringless

Reaction score
OkieHawk":1xwohd0o said:
ringless":1xwohd0o said:

A first round pick for a 30 year old player is way too much. Ngata was had for a 4th and 5th. Boldin was traded for a 4th and 5th I believe in his prime! Its not often, even for start players to be traded for a 1st, or even a 2nd plus taking on that salary.... Often it's mid round picks. A first is someone who can have an impact for years to come.

Why they wont get a first:
He's 30
Missed all of last season
45 million contract over the next 3 years
Recent Legal issues
Has not been reinstated yet
No other bidders

The problems for the Vikings is they now have a player thats going to cost them 15 million this year, they have no other viable trade partners. Do they want a player on the team that absolutely does not want to be there. There are other things to consider. Could having AP who does not trust the Vikings organization be a cancer in that locker room? Can it cause rifts in the locker room when they are trying to build something around Terry? Right now they can save that 15 million to put towards younger key pieces to sustain and create better opportunities for Terry.

All we are seeing is leaks back and forth mainly for posturing. Each is trying to get the most value out of each other for a trade that is already going to happen. We leak that we can't take on that contract.... We never were going to.... They leak that they want to keep him at all costs, trying to drive the value up... All its been is a chess game all along. Min doesn't have to rush to a decision before the draft...

OkieHawk

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":w4kypj2l said:
OkieHawk":w4kypj2l said:
ringless":w4kypj2l said:

Wanna bet?

Sure, what kind of bet? The Vikings talked a big game last season about going without him, but when it's time to lay down the cards they have nothing but a bluff. Even at 30 he's a once in a generation back and had several years left in the tank.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
OkieHawk":34yq4zgh said:
SomersetHawk":34yq4zgh said:
OkieHawk":34yq4zgh said:
ringless":34yq4zgh said:

Wanna bet?

Sure, what kind of bet? The Vikings talked a big game last season about going without him, but when it's time to lay down the cards they have nothing but a bluff. Even at 30 he's a once in a generation back and had several years left in the tank.

Yes! Well I was going to suggest a gift of some kind... I could send you some bars of the finest English chocolate if you win, and you could give me a green card if I do. Failing that I'm not really sure Oklahoma can offer me much, peaches' scarf perhaps?

original poster

Reaction score
I'll join in on the bet that he won't get a 1st round pick.

$4,000,000 if he does to you, $500 to me if he doesn't.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
ringless":3mk6tddl said:
OkieHawk":3mk6tddl said:
ringless":3mk6tddl said:

A first round pick for a 30 year old player is way too much. Ngata was had for a 4th and 5th. Boldin was traded for a 4th and 5th I believe in his prime! Its not often, even for start players to be traded for a 1st, or even a 2nd plus taking on that salary.... Often it's mid round picks. A first is someone who can have an impact for years to come.

He's 30
Recent Legal issues
No other bidders

The problems for the Vikings is they now have a player thats going to cost them 15 million this year, they have no other viable trade partners. Do they want a player on the team that absolutely does not want to be there. There are other things to consider. Could having AP who does not trust the Vikings organization be a cancer in that locker room? Can it cause rifts in the locker room when they are trying to build something around Terry? Right now they can save that 15 million to put towards younger key pieces to sustain and create better opportunities for Terry.

All we are seeing is leaks back and forth mainly for posturing. Each is trying to get the most value out of each other for a trade that is already going to happen. We leak that we can't take on that contract.... We never were going to.... They leak that they want to keep him at all costs, trying to drive the value up... All its been is a chess game all along. Min doesn't have to rush to a decision before the draft...

Who is Terry? You mean Teddy? You don't know much about the Vikings situation which continues to push your assumptions of this situation closer to "hopeful guessing"

Ngata and Boldin are not All pro RBs and former MVPs. You can't compare them to AP because they are the same age. That's just silly.

Missing all of last season increases his value, not decreases it. He is only under contract through the 2017 season. So its 2 years, not three. His recent legal issues are only a concern of about 10% of the fans here in Minnesota, and again, are not a concern to the team. You are speculating he does not "trust the organization" or even that he does not want to be there. There are a handful of ideas as to what is going on. The most prevalent is that his wife just doesn't want to live in Minneapolis.

The assumption this is "posturing" is your hope the Vikings want to trade him. You have no idea if there are not other bidders. The prevailing thought here is that others will come in for him. The Vikings have stated publicly that they will pay his salary this year, and that they will not ask him to restructure. Is this posturing? Perhaps. But noone in that Minnesota locker room does not want AP back. They want to win. And he gives them a great chance. AP's presence in that locker room has always been a positive. He would help "Terry" in a big way, relieving the pressure on a young QB in the same manner Lynch has helped Wilson. To suggest otherwise, again, lends to being unfamiliar with the team.

Just because AZ wants him does not mean the Vikings are an active trade partner. You continually speculate based on your one side of the position. You assume "the trade is going to happen" when in reality you don't know. The fact that the Vikings can hold out (by your admission) to just before the draft only increases the chance for other suitors to come in.

He may end up in AZ. He may end up somewhere else. He may end up with the Vikings.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":vsk5tpl3 said:
OkieHawk":vsk5tpl3 said:

Yes! Well I was going to suggest a gift of some kind... I could send you some bars of the finest English chocolate if you win, and you could give me a green card if I do. Failing that I'm not really sure Oklahoma can offer me much, peaches' scarf perhaps?

If you win I'll paypal you $50, if I win I'll take the chocolate. Sound reasonable?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
OkieHawk":2lcahesn said:
SomersetHawk":2lcahesn said:
OkieHawk":2lcahesn said:

If you win I'll paypal you $50, if I win I'll take the chocolate. Sound reasonable?

Just marry the man for god's sake.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3dzh6twd said:
OkieHawk":3dzh6twd said:
SomersetHawk":3dzh6twd said:
OkieHawk":3dzh6twd said:

Crazy as it sounds, polygamy isn't valid in Oklahoma....yet....

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
OkieHawk":1ps07kgp said:
Uncle Si":1ps07kgp said:
OkieHawk":1ps07kgp said:

Fudge it, I'll get a sex change and we'll up sticks to Utah.

I'm not going to take money off you, how about a throwback Seahawks scarf from the NFL.com store? The NFLeurope store is crap over here, they've pretty much only got Sidney Rice or Russell Wilson jerseys.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":1x6e3n7v said:
OkieHawk":1x6e3n7v said:
Uncle Si":1x6e3n7v said:
OkieHawk":1x6e3n7v said:

Fudge it, I'll get a sex change and we'll up sticks to Utah.

I'm not going to take money of you, how about a throwback Seahawks scarf from the NFL.com store? The NFLeurope store is crap over here, they've pretty much only got Sidney Rice or Russell Wilson jerseys.

Deal, although I've really never understood the infatuation with Englishmen and scarves.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
OkieHawk":3g46fjry said:
Deal, although I've really never understood the infatuation with Englishmen and scarves.

It's always pretty cold where I live now.

So what are the rules here? All bets off if he's not traded? Or have I just walked myself into a bet where you win as long as he doesn't get traded for less than a first.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":yo9a8ys0 said:
OkieHawk":yo9a8ys0 said:

It's always pretty cold where I live now.

So what are the rules here? All bets off if he's not traded? Or have I just walked myself into a bet where you win as long as he doesn't get traded for less than a first.

I'm not that cruel. All bets are off if he's not traded, and if he is you win if it's not for at least a first this year. I'm trying to not make this too complicated as it's a friendly wager.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1q0wd649 said:
ringless":1q0wd649 said:
OkieHawk":1q0wd649 said:
ringless":1q0wd649 said:

He's 30
Recent Legal issues
No other bidders

Who is Terry? You mean Teddy? You don't know much about the Vikings situation which continues to push your assumptions of this situation closer to "hopeful guessing"

Ngata and Boldin are not All pro RBs and former MVPs. You can't compare them to AP because they are the same age. That's just silly.

Missing all of last season increases his value, not decreases it. He is only under contract through the 2017 season. So its 2 years, not three. His recent legal issues are only a concern of about 10% of the fans here in Minnesota, and again, are not a concern to the team. You are speculating he does not "trust the organization" or even that he does not want to be there. There are a handful of ideas as to what is going on. The most prevalent is that his wife just doesn't want to live in Minneapolis.

The assumption this is "posturing" is your hope the Vikings want to trade him. You have no idea if there are not other bidders. The prevailing thought here is that others will come in for him. The Vikings have stated publicly that they will pay his salary this year, and that they will not ask him to restructure. Is this posturing? Perhaps. But noone in that Minnesota locker room does not want AP back. They want to win. And he gives them a great chance. AP's presence in that locker room has always been a positive. He would help "Terry" in a big way, relieving the pressure on a young QB in the same manner Lynch has helped Wilson. To suggest otherwise, again, lends to being unfamiliar with the team.

Just because AZ wants him does not mean the Vikings are an active trade partner. You continually speculate based on your one side of the position. You assume "the trade is going to happen" when in reality you don't know. The fact that the Vikings can hold out (by your admission) to just before the draft only increases the chance for other suitors to come in.

He may end up in AZ. He may end up somewhere else. He may end up with the Vikings.

2015, 2016 and then 2017...Three years.

As far as the Vikings trading Peterson, I doubt it happens. Adrian is upset at the Vikings when he should be upset with Goodell and the league office. The Vikings had nothing to do with his absence last season and I think the Vikings will be able to patch the relationship.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
OkieHawk":4hlchsqg said:
I'm trying to not make this too complicated as it's a friendly wager.

So you rejected my marriage proposal but you still want to be my friend? I don't think we can overcome this.

ringless

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":198tq589 said:
OkieHawk":198tq589 said:

So you rejected my marriage proposal but you still want to be my friend? I don't think we can overcome this.

Looks like you weren't the only one rejected today...

Charles Robinson @CharlesRobinson · 42s 42 seconds ago
#NFL source: #Vikings GM Rick Spielman requested dinner meeting w/ Adrian Peterson's agent at owner's meetings. It was rejected. Not good.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
ringless":35pdzn7n said:
SomersetHawk":35pdzn7n said:
OkieHawk":35pdzn7n said:

Looks like you weren't the only one rejected today...

Charles Robinson @CharlesRobinson · 42s 42 seconds ago
#NFL source: #Vikings GM Rick Spielman requested dinner meeting w/ Adrian Peterson's agent at owner's meetings. It was rejected. Not good.

Not sure how that is a big deal....

The two have nothing to discuss. AP is under contract (for 3 years, got my years mixed up).

Latest posts