Cardinals trying to sign Peterson

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
I still can't figure out how the cardinals are trying to sign a player under contract with another team...

RedAlice

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":39u04aju said:
I still can't figure out how the cardinals are trying to sign a player under contract with another team...

As to the Cards "trying," well, that is pretty self-explanatory.

As to what the Vikes will do with whomever, well that is: yet to be seen.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Ringless may be vindicated at the end of the day (well, maybe not "vindicated" as his source material was all speculative nonsense. But his team may get the RB they covet)

Fitz Sr. tweeted yesterday that AP has indeed requested a trade. Fitz. Sr still has ears and eyes in the MN organization, so his tweet has some credibility. He also has a son who plays on the Cardinals (you may have heard of).

Its just a tweet, and an unofficial one, but it certainly lends to the drama.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
RedAlice":c556818d said:
Hawkfan77":c556818d said:

As to the Cards "trying," well, that is pretty self-explanatory.

As to what the Vikes will do with whomever, well that is: yet to be seen.
whoooooosh

ringless

Reaction score
It wasn't all speculative non-sense.... Last year before the Cardinals played the Giants I said Palmer could be out a long time and that he was having nerve issues in his arm... However at the time he was listed as a game day decision all week, and even our beat writers said he was a game day decision.

Last time I shared that information it came to be true as well. While no I don't have direct contact with a player, I do know someone who regularly talks to Palmer.... IN addition, the limited information I was provided, coincided with the information from a poster who has well known connections within the team and is friends with staff and players. Who he also speaks to regularly.... The information was pretty solid, and I figured I would share it here.... Both seem to have been pretty accurate, and ahead of the national media timeline.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
RedAlice":1tb9xgmz said:
I enjoy Ringless being so homer over this. Kind of balances out the many, many Hawk homers who post just as crazy things on many Hawk topics. :thirishdrinkers:

Hey! The Suh signing was realistic! :lol:

Uncle Si

Reaction score
ringless":1cpddbto said:
Last time I shared that information it came to be true as well. While no I don't have direct contact with a player, I do know someone who regularly talks to Palmer.... IN addition, the limited information I was provided, coincided with the information from a poster who has well known connections within the team and is friends with staff and players. Who he also speaks to regularly.... The information was pretty solid, and I figured I would share it here.... Both seem to have been pretty accurate, and ahead of the national media timeline.

No offense Ring, but "I know a guy on the Cards message board who has connections to the team" is fairly speculative.

But it's whatever. My earlier posts were more towards assumptions of how easy it would be to get AP (including your post about specific trade and contract offers) as being no more than hypothetical and contrary to what those in the other organization believed. We get the same crap on here (look at the Suh thread)

It seems to be coming down to Arizona or he stays. We shall see. The ball is firmly in the Vikings court.

Taehwk

Reaction score
Is it even possible for AP to take less money? Wouldn't the player association frown on this? If anything, he would be able to restructure and move money around, but I don't think I have ever heard of a player taking a reduction in pay. After all, the CBA was negotiated to maximize players earnings. If the franchise tag is the avg dollar amount of the top 5 running backs in the league, and no doubt AP should be paid as a top 5 back. Reducing his pay would reduce the franchise #'s for a RB, lets take Murray as an example, how would he feel if this # declines in his free agency year? It impacts the NFLPA!

I am no expert, but I think this is major hurdle to clear.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Taehwk":3roscuok said:
Is it even possible for AP to take less money? Wouldn't the player association frown on this? If anything, he would be able to restructure and move money around, but I don't think I have ever heard of a player taking a reduction in pay. After all, the CBA was negotiated to maximize players earnings. If the franchise tag is the avg dollar amount of the top 5 running backs in the league, and no doubt AP should be paid as a top 5 back. Reducing his pay would reduce the franchise #'s for a RB, lets take Murray as an example, how would he feel if this # declines in his free agency year? It impacts the NFLPA!

I am no expert, but I think this is major hurdle to clear.

Players take pay cuts all the time. A team goes to a player that has under performed or has been injured in previous years and asks them to take a pay cut. If the player doesn't, the team cuts him or trades him away. If the player wants to stay with the team he is on, he usually takes the pay cut.

ringless

Reaction score
@Mike Jurecki
Rumor 25M GTD first two years or 9M per year for 3 years. MT @Arthur_Channing he'd be willing to take a paycut for more guaranteed money
10:01pm - 18 Mar 15

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Cards are in win now mode and might still only be third favourites for the West by the start of the regular season. No doubt this move would be a temporary bridge across that gap to us though.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
ringless":3kiy8t15 said:
@Mike Jurecki
Rumor 25M GTD first two years or 9M per year for 3 years. MT @Arthur_Channing he'd be willing to take a paycut for more guaranteed money

Yet... Vikings just released a statement that he won't be cut.

Cardinals need to come up with the draft picks. Rest is still speculation

ringless

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":2pifdbki said:
Cards are in win now mode and might still only be third favourites for the West by the start of the regular season. No doubt this move would be a temporary bridge across that gap to us though.

Who is the second favorite in the West right now?

ringless

Reaction score
I agree, no way they would cut him. They have to be compensated

Uncle Si

Reaction score
ringless":2h4mc1ek said:

That will be the big hurdle. The Vikings seem to be holding out for something big. I'd imagine at least this year's first and maybe next year's 2nd?

Also, Somerset's NFC West Rankings:

1. Seahawks (without Bevell)
2. Seahawks (with Bevell)
3. Cardinals
4. Rams
5. Seahawks without Wilson
6. Cardinals (without Palmer)
7. Rams (without Foles)
8. Seahawks (without Carrol)
9. 49ers

ringless

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1i06fkjg said:
ringless":1i06fkjg said:

That will be the big hurdle. The Vikings seem to be holding out for something big. I'd imagine at least this year's first and maybe next year's 2nd?

Also, Somerset's NFC West Rankings:

1. Seahawks (without Bevell)
2. Seahawks (with Bevell)
3. Cardinals
4. Rams
5. Seahawks without Wilson
6. Cardinals (without Palmer)
7. Rams (without Foles)
8. Seahawks (without Carrol)
9. 49ers

This made me lol.. 49ers

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
ringless":1gbisg27 said:
SomersetHawk":1gbisg27 said:

Who is the second favorite in the West right now?

The Cardinals. But 2015 is the year of the sheep (genuinely, check the Zodiac), I think the Rams become legit, and perhaps the start of the season is a reach, but a couple of games in we should find out.

Uncle Si's list looks about right for now though.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Uncle Si":17zd1wjy said:
ringless":17zd1wjy said:
@Mike Jurecki

The Vikings would take a 2.5M dead cap hit for cutting him, AND get zero compensation? I don't think so. Cardinal fans are dreaming if they think that's going to happen.

I understand that the Vikings want to get out from underneath Peterson's huge salary and all his nonsense, but they aren't going to just let him go for nothing.

ringless

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3ck3paxl said:
Uncle Si":3ck3paxl said:
ringless":3ck3paxl said:
@Mike Jurecki

The Vikings would take a 2.5M dead cap hit for cutting him, AND get zero compensation? I don't think so. Cardinal fans are dreaming if they think that's going to happen.

I understand that the Vikings want to get out from underneath Peterson's huge salary and all his nonsense, but they aren't going to just let him go for nothing.

Where did anyone say they think he was going to get cut.... Nobody thinks that... It was strictly in terms of a new deal when he was traded to AZ