Reaction score
Seymour":3qshmjo1 said:
hawknation2018":3qshmjo1 said:
Carroll’s second answer ...

“Carson had to play a lot on special teams because of injuries.”

You can’t make this stuff up.

Bull Shit....Pete is flat out lying!!!

Carson played all of 2 snaps on special teams last night. :177692:

The official NFL statistics from the game released Tuesday morning show Carson played two snaps on special teams at Chicago.
Two.
He played 19 snaps, of the offense’s 66. That’s a load he, heck, any NFL back, should be able to carry.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/1042054864958840833[/tweet]

FFS :34853_doh:

ducks41468

Reaction score
Seymour":3kd3xbj7 said:
hawknation2018":3kd3xbj7 said:
“He was gassed from playing a lot on special teams.”

You have got to be kidding?? I asked the same question....why the obsession with Penny this early?

Pete is losing it and this crap obsession with down field shots and 3 and outs is clearly Pete ball.... :roll:

008215204961.jpg

Pete's trying to turn Penny into this year's Lacy. We have to have an overweight, slow, ineffective back that gets way more carries than he should

stack55

Reaction score
No holes and no protection = no running and no passing game

Seymour

Reaction score
stack55":obaiv5uh said:

Not buying it!!

Through 2 games Carson is averaging 5.8 YPC to Penny's 2.2 YPC.

Pete is obsessed with his "draft toy" and is hell bent on forcing the issue just like he is stubbornly with Ifedi and it's killing the team!! There is no longer such thing as "always compete".....Sherman had that part right!! Too bad he let it get the best of him. I do have more compassion for him now though!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Another game where the run was working and they gave up on it. Another game where they are trying to make Russ play QB that doesn't match his strengths. He looks uncomfortable, and for good reason.
They TELL US they are a running team and never stick to it. No way in hell this team should be 0-2. Run the ball and stick to it, they win one or both of these games, period.

HawkFreak

Reaction score
hawknation2018":efejnhkl said:
“He was gassed from playing a lot on special teams.”

Let's give Pete the benefit of the doubt.
He must have meant "He was gassed from playing a lot on a special team."

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Seymour":agvqhgzf said:
stack55":agvqhgzf said:

Not buying it!!

Through 2 games Carson is averaging 5.8 YPC to Penny's 2.2 YPC.

Pete is obsessed with his "draft toy" and is hell bent on forcing the issue just like he is stubbornly with Ifedi and it's killing the team!! There is no longer such thing as "always compete".....Sherman had that part right!! Too bad he let it get the best of him. I do have more compassion for him now though!

This! There's no contest at this point at who has been more effective but old man Pete is hell bent on ignoring the obvious.

olyfan63

Reaction score
ducks41468":3h89shf2 said:
Pete's trying to turn Penny into this year's Lacy. We have to have an overweight, slow, ineffective back that gets way more carries than he should

There's no topping the Eddie Lacy fiasco from last year.
Penny can play and isn't slow and debatable whether he is overweight.

Gibbo

Reaction score
‘Misread him’ apparently.

Just said on Brock and Salk he looked at him and thought he was done.

Also said Schitty took him off some plays.

Super awkward interview. Squirming and backpeddling on the Carson issue.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Gibbo":dczihzff said:

It was very strange. It made the situation even worse, in my view. He was stuttering badly, and the answer still doesn’t really make sense. How do you not know the status of your best RB? That just doesn’t happen. Pete wanted to play the lesser player, he just doesn’t want to admit openely.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I think we've all been around Pete to know how to parse his vague excuses for players.

My guess is he wasn't happy with something Carson did, and he benched him. Two special teams plays does not "gas" a player to the point of being unavailable for the ENTIRE 2nd half.

So either Carson was missing protection assignments with the sacks, or Pete saw something else he was unhappy with, and benched him.

Gibbo

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":j7o1payv said:
Gibbo":j7o1payv said:

It was very strange. It made the situation even worse, in my view. He was stuttering badly, and the answer still doesn’t really make sense. How do you not know the status of your best RB? That just doesn’t happen. Pete wanted to play the lesser player, he just doesn’t want to admit openely.

Without a doubt made it worse.

Seriously lost so much respect for him. He’s like a kid getting caught at school and trying to lie his way through not getting in trouble.

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
Same reason Ifedi is still in there getting ran over. Coaches cant admit they were wrong on draft choices. BTW, if it's TRUE that Carson is gassed after a half of a football game than he isnt the man for the job either.

Jville

Reaction score
Transcript on Chris Carson question ..........

Question: was Chris Carson hurt or did you just go in another direction?

Pete Carroll response: no ... he was a little gassed from working on special teams and helping us ... we had some guys out ... so he had to kinda double dipped and really I wanted to see how we could do with Rashaad .... give him some playing time .... get him out there.

AubHawk71

Reaction score
KIRO's well-intentioned, but hapless post game coverage was the comic relief needed after that debacle. I almost felt bad for the guy (who I'm too lazy to look up) standing there on the field, hoping against hope that Steve Raible would deign to show up next to him to pad the lonnnnnggg time it took for Petey to finally hit the podium.

In fact, they kept cutting back to the empty podium time after time desperately waiting for someone to show up...the inept coverage really captured the whole debacle of the Hawks MNF game in a nutshell.

toffee

Reaction score
Carroll is too smart to tell such a lie, as anyone could figure out Carson only took two snaps in special team plays. Pete also has been talking Carson up the whole off season, then followed with announcing Carson as number one back. Pete knew that his reasoning will make him a laughing stock. Therefore, I am of the opinion that something must be going on other than Pete simply favor Penny over Carson. Don't what it's but something with Carson?

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1beokrx0 said:
I think we've all been around Pete to know how to parse his vague excuses for players.

My guess is he wasn't happy with something Carson did, and he benched him. Two special teams plays does not "gas" a player to the point of being unavailable for the ENTIRE 2nd half.

So either Carson was missing protection assignments with the sacks, or Pete saw something else he was unhappy with, and benched him.

Or Carson came back to the sidelines and shared his honest opinion on Pete taking down field shots and 3 and out after 3 and out!!

Seymour

Reaction score
toffee":edo7fwoq said:
Carroll is too smart to tell such a lie, as anyone could figure out Carson only took two snaps in special team plays. Pete also has been talking Carson up the whole off season, then followed with announcing Carson as number one back. Pete knew that his reasoning will make him a laughing stock. Therefore, I am of the opinion that something must be going on other than Pete simply favor Penny over Carson. Don't what it's but something with Carson?

Wrong!

Pete absolutely lied about him be gassed. Do some homework, it's all on tape. Watch his post game and read the game facts...it's all here to be discovered.

Pete tells dumb lies more than you think.