Carroll’s absurd explanation for not using Carson

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Where do you guys this impression that Carson is this elite back? I don't know what's going on with Carson, But I think Penny played pretty well in the 3rd and 4th QTR.

Seymour

Reaction score
jlwaters1":1164gpr6 said:
Where do you guys this impression that Carson is this elite back? I don't know what's going on with Carson, But I think Penny played pretty well in the 3rd and 4th QTR.

All we have are facts.

Facts

Carson 2018 5.8 YPC
Penny 2018 2.2 YPC

The eye test confirms this to those that have "decent vision."

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
jlwaters1":1zeo1aix said:

I don't think he's elite, I just don't like the BS explanation from Pete as to why he disappeared in the 2nd half..............after averaging 4 yards a carry in the 1st half.

Penny ran pretty well, but when you lose these are things fans and media scratch their heads about, because it can show some internal issues with the team and coaches.

mikeak

Reaction score
I just posted it under the Brock and Salk post I made in reference to PC interview this morning but he at least there admits "a mistake". The reference belongs in this thread

I was off on the thing I said about Chris (Carson) about (him being gassed from helping with special teams as well). He was on special teams a couple plays but I thought that’s what happened and I just misread him on the sidelines a little bit and didn’t clearly understand. And so I just wanted to give Rashaad (Penny) a chance to go play… and then Chris never really (got) back in the game, and it feels like ‘Well did you bench him or something?’ That didn’t happen. It just was the way things turned. And so I missed it a little bit.”

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/521609/pe ... -to-bears/

mistaowen

Reaction score
mikeak":1ybgw9vc said:
I just posted it under the Brock and Salk post I made in reference to PC interview this morning but he at least there admits "a mistake". The reference belongs in this thread

I was off on the thing I said about Chris (Carson) about (him being gassed from helping with special teams as well). He was on special teams a couple plays but I thought that’s what happened and I just misread him on the sidelines a little bit and didn’t clearly understand. And so I just wanted to give Rashaad (Penny) a chance to go play… and then Chris never really (got) back in the game, and it feels like ‘Well did you bench him or something?’ That didn’t happen. It just was the way things turned. And so I missed it a little bit.”

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/521609/pe ... -to-bears/

Stop overseeing the offense Pete.

D

DomeHawk

Watching the game before this where CC was clearly the better running back I was certain that he would be the featured back this week and then, just the opposite!

????????????

I'm just as confused as everyone else is.

OP
OP
hawknation2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Carroll admitted he messed up: he thought Carson was running more on special teams, but he was taken off some of those units.

The only right way to rectify the failure to give Carson appropriate carries through the first two games (both losses) is . . . to give Carson the damn ball.

Carson is clearly the best RB on the roster with his explosiveness, decisiveness, and tackle breaking ability. Give him the damn ball!

I would like to see Carson carry the rock on 60% of first and second downs to give us a chance for shorter 3rd downs. That is the only way to achieve offensive balance that will set up the play action passing game.

They say they want to be a run committed team with offensive balance. There were numerous opportunities to do so. So do it!

HansGruber

Reaction score
Carroll knows it's a lame-duck season and Allen is shopping for his replacement.

Seymour

Reaction score
I don't care if Carson ran out there on every special teams play. So what, Baldwin and other starters do too. It still is NO REASON to pull Carson for the entire game after mid 2nd quarter. Pete still isn't coming clean. This is not a mistake a head coach with an once of competence could or would make.
He is showcasing his shiny Penny because he laid off the China food for 1 week (whoopy...he lost 8 pounds. Why does a 1st round RB pick come in in that kinda shape to begin with??) Here is another pound.... :pukeface:

Still full of shit Pete.

Fade

Reaction score
HansGruber":x2ez13s9 said:
Carroll knows it's a lame-duck season and Allen is shopping for his replacement.
2Fmediagiphycom2Fmedia2FSdzqEPdTx9cha2Fgiphy

Carroll can't even manage the RB situation. So how is he supposed to manage an entire NFL organization? Paul Allen save us.

xray

Reaction score
Why does Carroll lie and expect everyone will buy into it. Are the other coaches just window dressing and PC runs the whole show. Carroll is really pressing because he fears for his job I think. He is making things worse if that's possible.

xray

Reaction score
Carroll's nose is getting longer ya think?

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
I won't say this is some huge scandal, but given this whole weird exchange focused on Carson and all the talks of a toxic lockeroom last year and all the former players now talking trash on Pete how much longer can this go on? Will Pete be here next year?

DJrmb

Reaction score
I really hate the RBBC thing for reasons just like this. Pete can't make up his mind on who he wants to see. Or maybe he's reacting to the offense sputtering and throwing another guy into the fire to see if it's spark the offense? Either way it's just dumb to me. For how popular RBBC is around the league I feel like it works way less effectively most of the time than what teams would get out of committing to 1 lead back.

chris98251

Reaction score
Pete appears very out of sorts right now, when he botches things up he is pressed to find excuses and they come off badly in the conferences. I am pretty sure they want Wilson to play in the box they put together right now as well as Carson and Ifedi, and Penny, trying to justify their existence and prove to someone that they were right about some players. Penny I think needs 20 plus carries a game as well as Carson to really thrive, Ifedi is a lost cause.

In fact watching the game Ifedi was trying to use some kind of technique and dragging his Left foot and setting to blocK and doing it again rather then move fluidly, he was straight up and Mack just was pushing him backwards. as he raced to his outside shoulder till he was past him. Ifedi never engaged till there was no space between him and Wilson

Most tackles engage and ride them behind the QB.

The whole Carson was pulled because he was gassed is dumb for two reasons, so many three and outs, few Special teams play, and he played most the game last week in Denver when he could have been gassed then much more easily like Penny was, hmmm Penny gassed last week Carson Gassed this week, guess it's Prosise's turn to get the gas next week.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
DJrmb":nz9exs96 said:
I really hate the RBBC thing for reasons just like this. Pete can't make up his mind on who he wants to see. Or maybe he's reacting to the offense sputtering and throwing another guy into the fire to see if it's spark the offense? Either way it's just dumb to me. For how popular RBBC is around the league I feel like it works way less effectively most of the time than what teams would get out of committing to 1 lead back.

I've never been a huge fan of the committee approach either. However if him switching in and out running backs like this is an attempt to find who has the spark on offense, well, that's pretty bad coaching on Pete's part. Not only should he know what these players are capable of, but he has to know not only bad the O-Line is but that a player, especially a RB, isn't just gonna light it up on one or two touches necessarily. They need to be in a rhythm and get 5, 10, 15 touches and they build up from being in there. If your next few run plays went like this;

Carson gets 2, then Penny gets 1, then Davis gets 2, then Carson gets 1, then Penny gets 4, then Carson gets 2, then Davis gets 2.

What exactly are you building up towards and what do you expect to happen? Give Carson the rock 20-25 times and Penny, as of now, 5-10 until he's ready and learns more of the offense.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Carson was the only thing working on that offense. Dissly has been fun to watch, and Marshall is probably the only other good skill player on offense, but that says a lot.

There really isn't a good reason to pull your single playmaker from the offense when it is struggling like that. That decision is probably the sole reason we lost.

kag0331

Reaction score
So i am also trying to wrap me head around those crazy answers PC have to the reporter...
I’m going to speculate a theory maybe when PC was pumping up Carson it was all to see if they could motivate Penny to work harder or study harder by using the media to motivate the young player the coaches know how these young players are manipulated by the media. The concerning part was why Davis was in at the end of the game on Monday it makes no sense... he hadn’t played all game or at all in the first game so it’s clear that Carson was being punished I don’t care what PC says he doesn’t want to air their dirty laundry, he isn’t trying to fracture a once very unstable LOCKER ROOM. I’m leaning toward Carson had words with one of the coaches about not being put back in during one of the multiple failed penny experiments...Think about it guys he is as confused as us being told one thing and them doing another he obviously said something to one of the coaches or multiple coaches... CARSON WAS BEING PUNISHED NO DOUBT ABOUT IT..it was when Davis went in that solidified it. PC was trying to be a “players coach” and not throw a player under the bus... he took the grenade so to speak.. if Carson did cope an attitude I can’t say I blame the guy as an RB you need to get into a rhythm like you all said he feels slighted by a kid that obviously hasn’t put in the time was injured through training camp and is basically handed carries he didn’t work as hard as Carson since he was there everyday...
My rant is over
Ps I have Carson on my FF team so that sucks too..lol

kag0331

Reaction score
So i am also trying to wrap me head around those crazy answers PC have to the reporter...
I’m going to speculate a theory maybe when PC was pumping up Carson it was all to see if they could motivate Penny to work harder or study harder by using the meadow to motivate the young player the coaches know how these young players are manipulated by the media. The concerning part was why Davis was in at the end of the game it makes no sense... he hadn’t played all game or at all in the first game so it’s clear the Carson was being punished I don’t care what PC says he doesn’t want to air their dirty laundry, he isn’t trying to fracture a once very unstable LOCKER ROOM. I’m leaning toward Carson had words with one of the coaches about not being put back in during one only the multiple failed penny experiments...Think about it guys he is as confused as he being told one thing and them doing another he obviously said something to one of the coaches or multiple coaches... CARSON WAS BEING PUNISHED NO DOUBT ABOUT IT..it was when Davis went in that solidified it. PC was trying to be a “players coach” and not throw a player under the bus... he took the grenade so to speak.. if Carson did cope an attitude I can’t say I blame the guy as an RB you need to get into a rhythm like you all said he feels slighted by a kid that obviously hasn’t put in the time was injured through training camp and is basically handed carries he didn’t work as hard as Carson since he was there everyday...
My rant is over
Ps I have Carson on my FF team so that sucks too..lol