Carroll Out As Head Coach

NoGain

Reaction score
Praise The Lord! Just checked in and saw this at work. I am a little stunned, as my bet was he'd be around next season. I'm so pleased that ownership could see that things were not working out, and haven't been for quite some time, that we desperately needed to go in a new direction. It was so obvious to anyone paying attention. And I was one of the longer holdouts for PC, only throwing in the towel once and for all when this last rendition of the team couldn't improve a defense that had been languishing for years.

Anyway...still taking it all in...

Ozzy

Reaction score
It is now time to end the highly disrespectful comments about Pete who was to now the best ever HC of the Seahawks.
I guess I don't agree with the premise that anyone thinking a change was warranted was super disrespectful by default. I know its rare in todays binary good vs evil, us vs them world but its a completely reasonable take to respect the hell out of Pete, love what he did for this city and think it was probably time for a change. That doesn't making anyone less of a fan, disrespectful or anything else.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
An end of an era! He will forever be remembered as our winningest coach, and brought us some very exciting football every week last minute victories, but also remembered for not giving the ball to Marshawn Lynch, and becoming a dynasty. We finally bled out the last drop of blood from that injury. And that sword has claimed all . it’s amazing. It took this long to bleed out! most other teams would’ve collapsed completely within a year of that debacle, I’d call that a hell of a win for Pete Carroll and the Seattle Seahawks.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I guess I don't agree with the premise that anyone thinking a change was warranted was super disrespectful by default. I know its rare in todays binary good vs evil, us vs them world but its a completely reasonable take to respect the hell out of Pete, love what he did for this city and think it was probably time for a change. That doesn't making anyone less of a fan, disrespectful or anything else.
A lot of people did not have that respect, instead opting to regularly call him demented and other names.

It's fine to want to move on. But there was a lot more than that.

A bunch of people were actively rooting for failure solely to make Pete look worse and admitted so.

Jegpeg

Reaction score
I maintain my view that Pete is currently a top 15 HC. I hope his replacement will see us once again become a team capable of going deep into the play-offs and having a decent chance of the play-offs, I fear in 12 months time after a 5-12 season we start to realise "Fire Pete" wasn't the solution it was cracked up to be.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
I maintain my view that Pete is currently a top 15 HC. I hope his replacement will see us once again become a team capable of going deep into the play-offs and having a decent chance of the play-offs, I fear in 12 months time after a 5-12 season we start to realise "Fire Pete" wasn't the solution it was cracked up to be.
Pete, loved as he is, couldn't coach forever, man.

Time to break some eggs for a chance at a better cake.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
No one disrespected Russ when he left...I expect the same for Pete...

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
I'm absolutely shocked that they let Pete go. Usually they made decisions like this quickly after the season ended with coordinators. I can't believe they actually pulled the trigger on this. Honestly though, it's been a hell of a ride. I will never forget the dominance and those LOB years. This was a wacky team filled with HUGE personalities that knew how to hit people in the mouth.

At the end of the day, Pete's trust in subpar coordinators cost him his job. It's kind of sad to see.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Anyone that follows Russ..if you admit it...has he said anything? Or still talking about Jesus and friends?

hinton

Reaction score
Woah, after hearing his end of game conference and chat on Brock & Salk I fully expected Pete to be back for another year.

It was time. Nothing but love and respect for PC, and I hope he makes the HOF, but it was time.

What a ride that was. 1 SB, should have been at least 2. So many characters, so many good games, never a dull moment.

Jegpeg

Reaction score
Pete, loved as he is, couldn't coach forever, man.

Time to break some eggs for a chance at a better cake.
Agreed he couldn't go on forever and maybe now in the right time but I do find the venom coming out forum some people on this board rather upsetting; describing him as a joke or the worst in the league or demented and wanting us to lose so he will get fired.

I think an interesting cmarison is Bill Belechick. Bill was a great coach but I think he was helped a lot by having the GOAT QB who was willing to be paid less than his market value because he vauled rings more than $s. His first 3 seasons after Brady left the Pats went 25/25, followed by 4/13 this season. Under Geno we have been 18/16 maybe him leaving now prevents such a dramatic decline but I still think he should be regarded as one of the greatest coaches, by far the best Seahawks, leaving gracefully while still close to the top of his game and better than half the HCs in the NFL.

I had a quick look at a Pats forum and while there ar esome posts questioning whether it is time for him to go it is all done with respect. I didn't look long maybe there are posts saying "Bill has completely lost his marbles, my Granny would make a better HC / GM and she's been dead for 20 years" but it doesn't seem to be covered with such posts like you find on this forum.

Fun fact, no one has led a team to more NFL losses the Bill Bellechek

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Agreed he couldn't go on forever and maybe now in the right time but I do find the venom coming out forum some people on this board rather upsetting; describing him as a joke or the worst in the league or demented and wanting us to lose so he will get fired.

I think an interesting cmarison is Bill Belechick. Bill was a great coach but I think he was helped a lot by having the GOAT QB who was willing to be paid less than his market value because he vauled rings more than $s. His first 3 seasons after Brady left the Pats went 25/25, followed by 4/13 this season. Under Geno we have been 18/16 maybe him leaving now prevents such a dramatic decline but I still think he should be regarded as one of the greatest coaches, by far the best Seahawks, leaving gracefully while still close to the top of his game and better than half the HCs in the NFL.

I had a quick look at a Pats forum and while there ar esome posts questioning whether it is time for him to go it is all done with respect. I didn't look long maybe there are posts saying "Bill has completely lost his marbles, my Granny would make a better HC / GM and she's been dead for 20 years" but it doesn't seem to be covered with such posts like you find on this forum.
Agreed. No room for those kind of low-brow comments against the greatest coach the Seahawks have ever known. We fans owe him a lot.

MagnificentSeven

Reaction score
This was clearly a surprise to Carroll. His emotion during the press conference was an indication he was sort of blind-sided by this decision. The fact that he read from prepared notes, which is the first time I can recall witnessing that in I-don't-know-how-long, sort of confirms all that. Goodbye Pete. Thanks for everything you've done. Thanks for making the last 14 years a blast.

Latest posts