Carroll suggests Seahawks don't need to upgrade O-line

Largent80

Reaction score
brimsalabim":211mqdg5 said:
Jville":211mqdg5 said:
Largent80":211mqdg5 said:
^ yeah, an inadvertent step on a guys foot negates a years worth of play and experience?

Sorry, but NO.

Ifedi stepped on Russell's foot as well in the previous game. And, unlike Ohdiambo, Ifedi played exclusively on the right side all year long.

They're rookies ....... and those were one play among many.

They are growing one play at a time.

And the men who they are supposed to block for are being injured one play at a time.

The inadvertent step on a foot by a back up rookie in pass protection is hardly a measuring stick. People on this site think that simply because a player is in the NFL and on the Hawks that they can walk on water. It's ridiculous actually.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Great lets get a new Bevel toy he doesn't know how to play with.

razor150

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1vcgypuu said:
razor150":1vcgypuu said:
Sgt. Largent":1vcgypuu said:
Pete's presser on Ifedi shows him saying he's excited about Ifedi playing tackle. Same with Carpenter when he was drafted.

Every high lineman pick was suppose to play tackle, and as soon as they got to camp the player gets immediately moved o guard? what?

I agree that it doesn't make sense. Just pointing out that they seem to be picking the wrong people to be a Tackle. I think the only true tackle we've drafted was Okung, I don't think that it is a coincidence that it happened before Cable. Everybody else was projected to be a Guard, or someone who projects Guard who can play Tackle.

This is my entire point. Pete can't tell me that they're philosophy is not to spend money on O-lineman in FA and then be a terrible team at developing them too.

What sense does that make. OK your philosophy isn't to spend money on free agents, then YOU BETTER BE GOOD A DEVELOPING! NOT TERRIBLE AT BOTH!

I'd say our entire philosophy is all messed up, we draft the wrong people, and then give them to a coach that hasn't shown much ability in being able to develop them. I don't think anybody who projected Britt and Carpenter as guards were surprised they failed out at tackle. It is also great to draft, or sign players as athletically gifted as Ifedi and Fant are said to be, but what good is all that athletic ability if 1. the coach can't harness it, and 2. he'll be gone before actually realizing his potential.

To get the most out of low salary players you need to get players who've played the position they've been assigned to, and have shown proficiency at it. We don't do any of that. We draft and sign players as if we plan to keep them for the long haul.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
razor150":te6qz0d9 said:
I'd say our entire philosophy is all messed up, we draft the wrong people, and then give them to a coach that hasn't shown much ability in being able to develop them. I don't think anybody who projected Britt and Carpenter as guards were surprised they failed out at tackle. It is also great to draft, or sign players as athletically gifted as Ifedi and Fant are said to be, but what good is all that athletic ability if 1. the coach can't harness it, and 2. he'll be gone before actually realizing his potential.

To get the most out of low salary players you need to get players who've played the position they've been assigned to, and have shown proficiency at it. We don't do any of that. We draft and sign players as if we plan to keep them for the long haul.

I'm fine with our philosophy, cause it's worked in every other part of the team. We've drafted and developed great players at every position OTHER than the O-line.

So as a GM and coach you have to recognize that and change...............you don't keep drafting terrible lineman and having it affect your entire team. Knowing what you do well, and what you don't do well is about the most important part of any process.

Another Pete stubbornism, unwillingness to change or even tweak that philosophical mindset on the O-line.

Foghawk

Reaction score
Thought I'd post this in here, interesting look at the technique taught in GB that helps allow Rogers the time to make a sandwich. You'd like to think that PC looks around the league to see what teams that are having success in certain areas are doing to achieve said success. My first thought after reading this was if the Seahawks were doing it they would clarify the rules or make it an emphasis the following season. :lol:

http://www.jsonline.com/story/sport...protection-technique-drawing-praise/96847704/

Two head coaches already have told their offensive line coaches to study how the Packers pass protect and be prepared to implement those techniques next season.

“Our guy told our O-line coach you better teach it or we’re going to find someone who will,” a personnel director for an NFL team said last week. “Green Bay does a hell of a job with it.”

Anthony!

Reaction score
Foghawk":2hsq5anx said:
Thought I'd post this in here, interesting look at the technique taught in GB that helps allow Rogers the time to make a sandwich. You'd like to think that PC looks around the league to see what teams that are having success in certain areas are doing to achieve said success. My first thought after reading this was if the Seahawks were doing it they would clarify the rules or make it an emphasis the following season. :lol:

http://www.jsonline.com/story/sport...protection-technique-drawing-praise/96847704/

Two head coaches already have told their offensive line coaches to study how the Packers pass protect and be prepared to implement those techniques next season.

“Our guy told our O-line coach you better teach it or we’re going to find someone who will,” a personnel director for an NFL team said last week. “Green Bay does a hell of a job with it.”

One small problem our HC does not care about pass blocking only run blocking.

Largent80

Reaction score
Anthony!":2xk7rzxk said:
Foghawk":2xk7rzxk said:

Ummmm......INCORRECT.

Josea16

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3w1fcjie said:
razor150":3w1fcjie said:

I'm fine with our philosophy, cause it's worked in every other part of the team. We've drafted and developed great players at every position OTHER than the O-line.

So as a GM and coach you have to recognize that and change...............you don't keep drafting terrible lineman and having it affect your entire team. Knowing what you do well, and what you don't do well is about the most important part of any process.

Another Pete stubbornism, unwillingness to change or even tweak that philosophical mindset on the O-line.
So are you fine with our philosophy concerning the OL or not? You seem to be talking out of both sides of your mouth here?

cymatica

Reaction score
Foghawk":6w7fzw9u said:

Good article. The secret to good pass blocking is holding in the first 1.5 seconds. Better than the Cable method: dive at their feet in the first 1.5 s

Anthony!

Reaction score
Largent80":3l44q3lj said:
Anthony!":3l44q3lj said:
Foghawk":3l44q3lj said:

Ummmm......INCORRECT.

Perhaps but run blocking is easier than pass blocking so getting a TE and former Bball player as your starting tackles sure do not show you care about pass blocking, Add to that we run the ZBS which more of a run blocking system. Add to that the types of O lineman we have drafted most are big road graders ie run blockers. Now he may have changed his tune recently but up until this year he was all about the run blocking. Also add we have been highly ranked in run blocking a lot over the past few years, but never in pass blocking. If it was a priority we would be better, have spent more, etc etc.

Largent80

Reaction score
Anthony!":1jbcxuqt said:
Largent80":1jbcxuqt said:
Anthony!":1jbcxuqt said:
Foghawk":1jbcxuqt said:

Ummmm......INCORRECT.

Perhaps but run blocking is easier than pass blocking so getting a TE and former Bball player as your starting tackles sure do not show you care about pass blocking, Add to that we run the ZBS which more of a run blocking system. Add to that the types of O lineman we have drafted most are big road graders ie run blockers. Now he may have changed his tune recently but up until this year he was all about the run blocking. Also add we have been highly ranked in run blocking a lot over the past few years, but never in pass blocking. If it was a priority we would be better, have spent more, etc etc.

Hey dude, check this out. LONG before you became a Russell Wilson fan, I was shaking his hand and getting my 12th man flag signed ON MY BACK by Russell himself Yeah, thats ME. I asked him for a "GO Hawks" and got it.

So, in your wildest dreams, you are in my shoes. And you have no idea of what you are talking about....As Aerosmith said....Dream On.

[youtube]5DFDYXiejpc[/youtube]

Anthony!

Reaction score
Largent80":6j942hrt said:
Anthony!":6j942hrt said:
Largent80":6j942hrt said:
Anthony!":6j942hrt said:

Ummmm......INCORRECT.

Hey dude, check this out. LONG before you became a Russell Wilson fan, I was shaking his hand and getting my 12th man flag signed ON MY BACK by Russell himself Yeah, thats ME. I asked him for a "GO Hawks" and got it.

So, in your wildest dreams, you are in my shoes. And you have no idea of what you are talking about....As Aerosmith said....Dream On.

[youtube]5DFDYXiejpc[/youtube]

LOL yeah whatever you say LOL thanks for the laugh

sdog1981

Reaction score
This is just a so Seattle thing to do.

Win 116 games lose in the NLCS.

Jordan takes two years off during the 90's. Sonics lose in the first round. First 1 seed to lose to an 8 seed.

Seahawks find one of the best QB prospects in the 3rd round. Don't fix Oline QB gets pounded for 3 years and suffers from David Carr syndrome.

Josea16

Reaction score
I saw that on TV and it was cool. But what does it have to do with the fact that we have an OL coach that runs a ZBS scheme that prioritizes run blocking. And never has had an OL worth a damn at pass blocking all with blessing of Pete Carroll? While having for the first time in franchise history a legitimate generational talent, first tier level franchise quarterback. Just curious.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Josea16":3u6wry2a said:
[youtube][/youtube]I saw that on TV and it was cool. But what does it have to do with the fact that we have an OL coach that runs a ZBS scheme that prioritizes run blocking. And never has had an OL worth a damn at pass blocking all with blessing of Pete Carroll?

Correction the team pays a complete bozo to poorly coach basketball players, tight ends and defensive tackles to dive at players knees.

Josea16

Reaction score
sdog1981":2xbzwjqv said:
Josea16":2xbzwjqv said:
[youtube][/youtube]I saw that on TV and it was cool. But what does it have to do with the fact that we have an OL coach that runs a ZBS scheme that prioritizes run blocking. And never has had an OL worth a damn at pass blocking all with blessing of Pete Carroll?

Correction the team pays a complete bozo to poorly coach basketball players, tight ends and defensive tackles to dive at players knees.
Yes I know that but my question is, how does this relate to Largent80 getting his jersey signed on national TV? I mean it's awesome and all but I see no correlation. Why the hell are they paying Wilson 20M a year, yet run a dumbass scheme with said projects? All run by a horrible head coach masquarading as some kind of misunderstood Dr. Frankenstein genius OL coach.

Even when our OL was decent it was still sloppy, foul prone and couldn't pass block worth a damn. We won a Superbowl with an average OL but the difference was they all actually played the position for years at lower levels. This isn't rocket science it's football despite what Cable says.

Seymour

Reaction score
Largent80":3c241ibj said:

What exactly does that have to do with anything? You are a big RW fan, have an autograph to prove it, therefore you know all about what is best in every aspect of OUR team?

If that doesn't take the cake I don't know what does. :yawn: