Carroll voices support for Harbaugh in conf call

tom sawyer

Reaction score
His coaching skills are clear and evident. His personality is as annoying as his wrinkled $8 walmart slacks!!

Largent80

Reaction score
I don't know, but to me, until I see him in a situation such as Pete's when he first arrived here, I wouldn't go so far as to say he is a great coach.

College is way different than pro football with recruiting etc. Maybe he turned Stanford around with his great personality in the players homes...Haha.

I think Scotte hit the nail on the head about personnel, and if he goes into a situation such as the 2010 Hawks and turns it into a SB champ, then we can say..great coach.

kearly

Reaction score
I will kind of miss Harbaugh. I would much rather see Jeff Fisher leave the NFC West than Harbs right now.

Scottemojo":34nb41rj said:
(Don't bother to try and say different Niner fans, your 2011 draft was not a 100% Baalke draft, and his following 3 have been bad!)

I thought his 2012 and 2013 drafts looked bad at the time and worse in retrospect. But his 2014 draft was actually pretty damn good and looking better by the day.

Course, one good draft every three years isn't going to get the job done. And Baalke has been so-so in other venues of player acquisition (FA, UDFA, futures contracts, trades, CFL imports, etc).

kearly

Reaction score
Largent80":2m4bbzsk said:
I don't know, but to me, until I see him in a situation such as Pete's when he first arrived here, I wouldn't go so far as to say he is a great coach.

College is way different than pro football with recruiting etc. Maybe he turned Stanford around with his great personality in the players homes...Haha.

I think Scotte hit the nail on the head about personnel, and if he goes into a situation such as the 2010 Hawks and turns it into a SB champ, then we can say..great coach.

Well I can say it. Harbaugh is a great coach. He's won everywhere he's gone, and won immediately.

HawkWow

Reaction score
bigtrain21":3tjebmea said:
NINEster":3tjebmea said:
HawkWow":3tjebmea said:
The Outfield":3tjebmea said:
Harbaugh is a great coach. There's no coincidence in the success he has had. Doesn't mean I don't love to hate him, though. Probably the biggest mistake he's made as a 49ers coach was getting rid of Smith for Kaepernick, but at the time I guess Kaepernick appeared to have more upside and potential.

Agreed. And that mistake was likely a direct link to his competition with Pete. Harbaugh saw the new toy Pete had with Wilson and said...I'm going to get me one of those too. Ouch.

I have respect for Harbaugh largely because I think he's psychotic by nature. What he has accomplished becomes extra special when you look at it that way. Harbaugh "wouldn't talk to his brother for a week after the SB"? Jeez, Jim.

No my friend, Kaepernick was all about overcoming the Giants and perhaps the postseason in general.

The Giants have Alex Smith's # more than the Seahawks ever did. Makes no logical sense but they have.

About 30% of Smith's INTs since Harbaugh/Reid era have gone to the Giants.

And finally when was the last time a Smith led team lost to the Seahawks? Week 1, 2010.

The idea about "keeping up with Wilson" is silly, even more so considering Kap was in the league a year ahead of Wilson, and in the same draft as Cam Newton.

I'd say RG3 was a bigger catalyst if you had to go that route.

Wilson started before Kaepernick. I don't think he meant go out and aquire one, I think he meant, use the one he had on the bench. He saw the success that Wilson and RG3 were having and saw a QB on his bench that had similar traits and decided Kaepernick gave him a better chance to win games.

That's exactly what I meant bro. Thanks.

But I can't argue with those that challenged my statement. Since Harbaugh was the one that drafted Kaep, I suppose he was thinking a more mobile QB (than Smith) before ever seeing Wilson. But like BigTrain suggests, I am certain the performances of Wilson and Griffin expedited Smith's departure. So Harbaugh already had what he felt was "one of those" and per usual, Jim was about half right. ; )